Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Hits the Open Market

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

Can you tell us that one story you used to tell, you know the one where Sammy is on a parallel track with Julio Jones and that how any day/month/year now he's going to be just as good. 

We could use both those players.   Hopefully they do tag Sammy, I would imagine they would have to get rid of at least one of those players.

Man I'd love to have Robert Quinn. Would fix a lot of issues. There is a minimal dead cap if they cut him now. He's probably fairly replaceable in Wade's scheme and would be a perfect fit here. 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Franchise tag?  Really?

I really didn’t think they give him that kind of money. Especially with how Kupp performed 

Kupp is decent (a solid JAG), but Goff is overly reliant on him — he looks his way too often in tight-game situations.  As Watkins, who is a LOT better, gets integrated into the offense, I expect his numbers will go up and Kupp’s will go down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Man I'd love to have Robert Quinn. Would fix a lot of issues. There is a minimal dead cap if they cut him now. He's probably fairly replaceable in Wade's scheme and would be a perfect fit here. 

He’s been my dude since the lead up to that draft. He checks every box and then some.

I will be shocked if the Rams give Sammy the Franchise tag.  He is not worth anywhere near that amount.

My guess: this noise is coming from Sammy and his agent in an attempt to set a high floor for potential contract offers.  

I understand the Rams paid a healthy price for Sammy, but there is no way they watch the film from this yr. And think to themselves this guy deserves $15+ million.

Not going to happen.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he's good, draws coverages and makes everything easier for other players on that offense.

but do the Rams know about offense?  Bitter Bills fans know more. Who needs 8 tds?  We had plenty of offense on Sunday! Let's laugh at the Rams (highest scoring offense) for spending money on that bum Sammy!!! Let's laugh at the Pats and stupid BElichick spending money on Gilmore!!! Bunch of morons!

Don’t get snooty with me, Patricia.  I merely offered the opinion that the ~16 million franchise tag price might be more than Watkins is worth.

Look at my posting history, Biff.  I’ve never bashed SW.  I think he is good.  I don’t think he is top 5.   Not even close.  So go do some breathing exercises, take a bong hit, and light a candle.

Peace and love.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer 

Rams GM Les Snead, on Sammy Watkins continuing to grow in this offense: "That's a goal of ours."

If that is a "goal", then they will have to pay a hefty price to keep him.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do your honestly think any Ram fan thought about Gaines once during the season? 

maybe not the whole season,........but possibly 10 games or so that he was healthy on Bills.....lol

Edited by cba fan

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

maybe not the whole season,........but possibly 10 games or so that he was healthy on Bills.....lol

It's nothing against Gaine. HEs solid.  But getting Sammy for a guy who was going to be their 3rd or 4th cb and a low 2nd rounder isn't a high price to pay.  Despite people pretending like it didn't, it completely opened up their offense and I firmly believe Sammy helps us win the Panthers and possibly Jags game.

besides McCoy, we had zero players who scared defenses. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It's nothing against Gaine. HEs solid.  But getting Sammy for a guy who was going to be their 3rd or 4th cb and a low 2nd rounder isn't a high price to pay.  Despite people pretending like it didn't, it completely opened up their offense and I firmly believe Sammy helps us win the Panthers and possibly Jags game.

besides McCoy, we had zero players who scared defenses. 

You   know what your firm belief and a buck will get you?

Any size coffee at Wawa this week.