Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Hits the Open Market

Somebody's gonna pay him a lot more than the Rams will as their 4th target.  If we get a QB who actually throws downfield, I'd bring him back.  Seems to have grown up a bit and his contract demands will certainly be lower than they were before the season.  Maybe he's the type who thinks he has unfinished business in Buffalo.  Him and Benjamin would be a nice 1-2 punch for a Bradford, Alex Smith or Cousins.  

34 minutes ago, Dorkington said:

I'm glad he got the opportunity to go play with a real offense and QB. 

With that real offense and real QB he had less yards per game (39.5) than he ever had with the Bills. His yardage total this year was nearly doubled in 2015.

If someone offers him multiple years at big money he should jump all over it, but last year Jeffery was more proven as a player with a similar injury risk and had to settle on a 1 year deal.

It'll sound crazy, but Green Bay could be a very interesting destination for him.  Jordy has clearly lost several steps and has openly talked about retirement.  Cobb's play has been down for a few years.  Both are in the last years of their contracts.  Rumblings are with Thompson out the team would like to be MUCH more aggressive in FA.  It could be an interesting opportunity for Sammy to sign for a year for a chance to reach his full potential.

Realistically, looking around the league, it's tough to find teams who couldn't use another strong WR.

• Like (+1) 1

Sammy is an interesting character.  I think it would be foolish to pay him any more than 4-5 million a year.  Numbers don't line, he way under performed this year with a good quarterback.  I think it could be as simple as the guy just is not that smart.  He thinks the world is flat for god sake.  Read his tweets if you get a chance.  They explain a lot. 

Must suck for the Rams as they gave up a 2nd for a one year rental  because you know darn well they will not tag a forth option receiver. I personally would welcome Sammy back. Imagine him and KB on the outside and Zay and DT inside. Cousins or Smith would put up some gaudy numbers.

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

He's not trash, come on...but he's not a real #1. A real #1 fights for the ball, high-points 50/50 balls. Sammy needs the ball to fall right into the bread basket. He has AMAZING hands, but he doesn't use them to their potential, if that makes sense. I think Houston should go after him, let him be a #2 to his boy Hopkins.

Houston already has an excellent #2 in Fuller.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Baltimore and the Jets might back up the Brinks truck for him.

The way several teams are struggling and looking for an identity could allow them to back up.

I'm certain LAR would keep him but realizes they overpaid and probably won't throw the gold brinks at him like he'd hope. They got fleeced.

If the Redskins can find a way to keep Cousins cheap it'd be a big draw to get Watkins in there on a prove it deal.

So many teams could use him if he was willing to play #2 WR and be a slot 

He should go to the Giants, ha.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

The way several teams are struggling and looking for an identity could allow them to back up.

I'm certain LAR would keep him but realizes they overpaid and probably won't throw the gold brinks at him like he'd hope. They got fleeced.

If the Redskins can find a way to keep Cousins cheap it'd be a big draw to get Watkins in there on a prove it deal.

So many teams could use him if he was willing to play #2 WR and be a slot 

What? Sammy walks and they get a conditional 3rd. Really, not that bad.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Watkins is set for free agency in March and Saturday’s game ended a year that saw him rank fourth in targets from Rams quarterback Jared Goff. He made those targets pay off with eight touchdowns on 39 catches and he said he’d like to return for another tour with the team.

“You see this team building something, with the coaching staff and the players,” Watkins said, via the Los Angeles Daily News. “It would be a pleasure to come back but, you know, it’s a business. I’m looking forward to talking to the coach and seeing where my future is at.”

Would be a pleasure if they offer the most ? ? ? is what he's saying here.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't be surprised if Watkins ends back up in the AFC Beast.

I'm already hearing whispers connecting him to the Jets and Dolphins since they have tons of cap space and will be looking to add big name talent on that side of the ball in the offseason.

Never sleep on the Hoodie either because the Pats are always in the market to add more weapons for Brady.

Let's see.. He began the year speaking about $$ and the time for NFL players to make more $$ after seeing some new NBA contracts. Then he goes to the Rams and early on complained about lack of targets. Now he is all nicey nice.... He'll be chasing the $$ but his lack of production may well cost him.