Let's Go TITANS!

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Another call that shows what a joke NFL officiating is. 

OMG what the hell kind of explanation did Jerry Austin just give??? Like setting off a BS cloud grenade. Mariotta's forward progress was stopped?? He was standing still!!! got hit and clearly fumbled the ball. but his forward progress was stopped?!!!! what utter idiocy is this!!

16 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

And I think they will draft a QB, also.  We're probably looking at somewhere around a 3rd for Smith, which still gives us plenty to work with to move up (possibly) and draft a QB.  That would give us Smith as a bridge QB while we develop Peterman and rookie; would be a great position to be in going into next season.

That said, we do have a number of other holes to fill, which is why I doubt we move up to top 5 in the first round.

...agree HG....a couple of sportswriters speculated that Andy would be looking for a 2nd which doesn't seem like a bad deal, but offer up the 3rd........

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

OMG what the hell kind of explanation did Jerry Austin just give??? Like setting off a BS cloud grenade. Mariotta's forward progress was stopped?? He was standing still!!! got hit and clearly fumbled the ball. but his forward progress was stopped?!!!! what utter idiocy is this!!

That was total BS.  It was CLEARLY a fumble.  They are WAY over-thinking these plays.  Forward progress?  He wasn’t going forward to begin with.  It sure wasn’t grasp and control- it was a guy fumbling because of a hard hit.

Anyway, go Titans!

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yep. And the New York booth review system has failed. 

Depends what the purpose of it was, if they wanted to have more control over the outcome of games it's been a resounding success. If they wanted to enforce the rules more consistently it's been a massive failure.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Not really. So basically we get White and a slight upgrade to the QB position for short term and the Chiefs potentially have a long term fix at QB plus whomever they manage to draft with their pick back.

If we are going to move the KC pick then may as well bundle our 1st and slide up the draft....then wait and see if Smith gets released anyway.

All in all, I believe we can hold onto both picks and see how the draft falls. 

Slight upgrade LOL

7 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I dont think there was enough there at all on the Kelce one. 

The Mariota one was a head scratcher to me

The Mariota one was outside of the 2:00 warning so it's also on Reid for not challenging.  You can't challenge when forward progress was stopped but he could have at least challenged the spot.  And if in the process of reviewing the spot the replay analyst determines it was a fumble even better

35 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t think it makes any sense. We need to use draft picks to go after someone we can develop into our long term QB. Alex Smith isn’t that so there is no point.

To move that far up the draft order is going to be very expensive. You pull those of moves when you are closer to the pile not the other end of the pecking order. 

1 minute ago, downunderbill said:

To move that far up the draft order is going to be very expensive. You pull those of moves when you are closer to the pile not the other end of the pecking order. 

We aren’t moving into the top 5 so we can forget about that idea. However, we could move up to the 10-15 range which shouldn’t cost us the farm.

20 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The NFL has heavily targeted the casual fan over the years. They have been quite successful in doing so, and are lucky to have them. The NFL is too difficult to watch for knowledgeable football fans. It’s become mostly playoffs and Bills games for me. 

10 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

The Mariota one was outside of the 2:00 warning so it's also on Reid for not challenging.  You can't challenge when forward progress was stopped but he could have at least challenged the spot.  And if in the process of reviewing the spot the replay analyst determines it was a fumble even better

Yes, but they still wouldn’t overturn the fumble because it was called forward progress stopped on the field. I don’t think that it would matter what they see in the replay. 

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

One half:

19/23

231yds

2 TDS 

People who compare Smith to Tyrod are nutzzzz

Alex Smith is so much better than Taylor.  Anyone who doesn't think Alex Smith would be an upgrade over Taylor is nuts.  That said, there are many more options that appeal to me more than Alex Smith.  But Smith is a lot better than Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

And I think they will draft a QB, also.  We're probably looking at somewhere around a 3rd for Smith, which still gives us plenty to work with to move up (possibly) and draft a QB.  That would give us Smith as a bridge QB while we develop Peterman and rookie; would be a great position to be in going into next season.

That said, we do have a number of other holes to fill, which is why I doubt we move up to top 5 in the first round.

With as late as the two firsts and 2 seconds will be, I don’t think that they will want to pay the price that will be demanded to move up for any QB that makes it out of the top 10.

i also don’t think Smith will leave KC - if people are melting down about possibly moving on from Tyrod, imagine the reaction in KC if they get rid of Smith after he wins this game and maybe another.

i think the Bills will sit tight on draft day and will consider a QB who is left when their pick comes.  I don’t think that Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield will make it out of the top 10.  Beyond him, I would only consider a small trade up for Mason Rudolph.

if they stay where they are, maybe take a shot on Lamar Jackson, he isn’t a finished product but has intriguing potential.

if not, maybe a shot in the second.

if they sit tight, I would consider trading one of the firsts for a second and a first next year when you go all out and finally move up for a QB.

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Alex Smith is so much better than Taylor.  Anyone who doesn't think Alex Smith would be an upgrade over Taylor is nuts.  That said, there are many more options that appeal to me more than Alex Smith.  But Smith is a lot better than Taylor.

I would love Smith or Cousins. We aren't in a position to get a sure thing at QB in the draft and i kinda this playoff thing.