Let's Go TITANS!

3 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Them the thing to root for should be for the Titans win, so the Bills can take them out themselves.

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Nobody likes them or their gawd awful unis but it's still a better result for the Bills if they win. That said, they're getting rolled right now so it probably doesn't matter anyway.

I hear you guys.  I just can't.  LOL, I fart in their general direction.

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Winston had a much better season than Mariota. 

Again Tampa are a team I haven't watched that much. The two will forever be linked and I feel like both had really good 2016 seasons and have either failed to kick on or gone backwards. I will try and watch more of both in the quiet summer months.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Why wouldnt we just keep Tyrod instead of trading for Smith?

Alex Smith is a much better passer, and QB in general, than Tyrod.  IMO, the only reason to keep Tyrod is if we plan on running a spread offense next year, which I don't see happening.  This is coming from someone who doesn't dislike Tyrod.  I just suspect McDermott wants a more typical drop back, pocket passer, as evident by drafting Peterman.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why wouldnt we just keep Tyrod instead of trading for Smith?

What happens in the off season is going to happen.

OBD may want to keep TT.  If they don't I would take Alex.

We will all know by the "ides of march".

I still do not like the Titans!

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Alex Smith is a much better passer, and QB in general, than Tyrod.  IMO, the only reason to keep Tyrod is if we plan on running a spread offense next year, which I don't see happening.  This is coming from someone who doesn't dislike Tyrod.  I just suspect McDermott wants a more typical drop back, pocket passer, as evident by drafting Peterman.

I don’t think it makes any sense. We need to use draft picks to go after someone we can develop into our long term QB. Alex Smith isn’t that so there is no point.

And I think they will draft a QB, also.  We're probably looking at somewhere around a 3rd for Smith, which still gives us plenty to work with to move up (possibly) and draft a QB.  That would give us Smith as a bridge QB while we develop Peterman and rookie; would be a great position to be in going into next season.

That said, we do have a number of other holes to fill, which is why I doubt we move up to top 5 in the first round.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t think it makes any sense. We need to use draft picks to go after someone we can develop into our long term QB. Alex Smith isn’t that so there is no point.

Agreed. He will be 34 years old to start the 2018 season and has a 2-4 playoff record and no Super Bowl appearances in a mediocre 13 year career. Do I think he's better than Tyrod? Yes...but not good enough to where I'm willing to expend any high draft capital on him. If KC wants to unload him to make room for Mahomes and clear some salary then I'm not willing to help them too much. A 3rd? I'll listen. A 4th or lower? Sign me up. Anything higher than that and the Bills would be better off keeping Tyrod for another year or finding a cheaper vet and drafting their heir apparent. Alex Smith is fools gold, IMO.

Well, the Bills have shown they can beat the Chiefs, so out of all teams I want to win, it's them.

Just now, Process said:

I would trade a third for Smith in a heartbeat. Still have 4 picks in the first two rounds to shore up the defense.

At the end of the day 3rd round picks are not that valuable. 

Absolutely. That'd be a steal. 

Edited by BigDingus

Agreed. He will be 34 years old to start the 2018 season and has a 2-4 playoff record and no Super Bowl appearances in a mediocre 13 year career. Do I think he's better than Tyrod? Yes...but not good enough to where I'm willing to expend any high draft capital on him. If KC wants to unload him to make room for Mahomes and clear some salary then I'm not willing to help them too much. A 3rd? I'll listen. A 4th or lower? Sign me up. Anything higher than that and the Bills would be better off keeping Tyrod for another year or finding a cheaper vet and drafting their heir apparent. Alex Smith is fools gold, IMO.

2-4 but don't forget that game against INDY where Luck made a huge comeback drive.  He could easily be 3-3

1 minute ago, KW95 said:

2-4 but don't forget that game against INDY where Luck made a huge comeback drive.  He could easily be 3-3

But he's not. And he's made one Conference Championship game...with SF. Hasn't done it with KC and the supposed QB guru Andy Reid.

FORWARD PROGRESS THE ANNOUNCER SAID????

The hit took 1 tenth of a second...

But he's not. And he's made one Conference Championship game...with SF. Hasn't done it with KC and the supposed QB guru Andy Reid.

If he's fools gold, Tyrod is fools crap

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

I hear that. But if you take the trade as a whole moving down 17 spots in the 1st last draft and getting Tre White and Alex Smith it does seem to be a little easier to stomach.

Either way --> GO TITANS!!!!

Not really. So basically we get White and a slight upgrade to the QB position for short term and the Chiefs potentially have a long term fix at QB plus whomever they manage to draft with their pick back.

If we are going to move the KC pick then may as well bundle our 1st and slide up the draft....then wait and see if Smith gets released anyway.

All in all, I believe we can hold onto both picks and see how the draft falls. 

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Horrible play all round. Awful route depth and terrible read and throw. 

Watching again it is the right read. Atrocious route by Davis... and the throw is late because Mariota is trying to give Davis an extra half second to clear Peters out. Mariota's mistake is not giving up on the play and just throwing it away and taking the FG.