Prayers For Augie, His Son and Family

plenzmd1

TBD family, I have very sad news to share from one of our beloved members, Augie(Kevin). Kevin's 28-year-old son Michael passed away suddenly early Wednesday morning.   Please keep Kevin, Michael, and all their family in your thoughts and prayers. I never met Michael, but I know his father is an unbelievable Dad, a great husband, and a special friend. 

Here is the note Kevin posted to his beloved Xavier Basketball board earlier. God bless Kevin, and may Michael Rest In Peace.

As many of you may know, we have a son who battled addiction for the better part of a decade. Michael lost his battle January 2, at his home in Nashville, TN. But he fought valiantly! He was 28 years old. We could not possibly any more devastated, or more proud. This is every parent’s nightmare...you should NEVER bury your child.

We are eternally grateful to a team of therapists he began working with a few years ago. Through his hard work and their talents, we were blessed with almost 3 years of an amazing happiness, both for him and for us. We got to witness what our sober son could become. I got to meet my troubled adolescent as an amazing, thoughtful, productive and mature adult - and that person amazed me. He was a better father than I ever dreamed of being. I guarantee you would have loved him. Everybody did. He was everything you could dream of in a son.

Unfortunately, some serious life events left him with underlying anxiety and depression. After the most amazing Christmas ever by all accounts, he tragically succumbed just a few days later in an accidental OD. You
many eventually take sobriety for granted, but that’s the trap.
 I could go on and on about addiction.
Instead I’ll ask this: don’t judge. You don’t know what got those people and those families to that point in life.

It is the cruelest of fates for parents to have to bury a child. I can’t imagine the heartbreak. 

I recall all when Augie came here and revealed the trouble their son was in. It sounded as though he was getting better. That’s nearly always a tenuous thing when talking about addiction though. That demon has struck on both sides of my family. I know how it can devastate. 

My my condolences to the parents and family. 

My god,  so sorry for your loss. We will keep you in our prayers.  

Had a nephew pass away at 25 from cancer several years ago.  His mom still has a tough time around the holidays.   I don’t know how you ever get over it.   

My most sincere condolences Kevin...having walked in your shoes almost a year ago, I know how very devastating this is.  I hope we can continue our dialog so I can try to help you through this horrific time.  My deepest sympathies my friend.  I friggin hate drugs!!