Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

Obviously it was Brady that wanted to trade Jimmy G.

Belichick knows Brady isn't going to play forever, and would probably like to at least ATTEMPT to continue that success after he's gone. He's always been known to let good players go if they're not what's best for the team, and he'll sign up disappointments on other teams & turn their careers around on the other hand. 

To have a QB you drafted, developed, watched play well, run your offense the way you want, groomed to be a confident leader, and someone already respected in the locker room, get yanked away for only a 2nd round pick & could be in the league for 10+ more years would definitely not be something Belichick would suggest. 

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would you guys take Tom Brady in Buffalo?

Asking for a friend.

Seriously?  I call BS.....and no way at 40 would I want him......in BB systems he does well......but only in BB's system.

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Obviously it was Brady that wanted to trade Jimmy G.

Belichick knows Brady isn't going to play forever, and would probably like to at least ATTEMPT to continue that success after he's gone. He's always been known to let good players go if they're not what's best for the team, and he'll sign up disappointments on other teams & turn their careers around on the other hand. 

To have a QB you drafted, developed, watched play well, run your offense the way you want, groomed to be a confident leader, and someone already respected in the locker room, get yanked away for only a 2nd round pick & could be in the league for 10+ more years would definitely not be something Belichick would suggest. 

DUDE!  PUT.  DOWN.  THE.  PIPE!!!!!  10+ years?!?!??!  I do not see it at all.....maybe just maybe but I don't see it.  The Niners weren't THAT bad to begin with......he just nudged them over - thats it.  Don't give him anymore credit that he deserves.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Belichik to NYG and McDaniels or Patricia take over in NE?

We typed that at the exact same time lol

I was actually thinking BB might want to go to San Fran and reunite with JG. He can really prove he is the goat of coaches by duplicating what he and TB did in NE.

Edited by Dopey

53 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

No, just another ctap piece by espn. The only thing they care about is winning. No way they would have lasted this long without respect for each other

This is how I feel. ESPN is grasping at straws at this point. They are fighting to remain relevant.

• Like (+1) 1

The rumor is that Belichik wanted to move on from Brady after this season and go with Jimmy G, Brady found out and went to Kraft who forced the trade. It makes sense in that the Browns offered a lot more for Jimmy at draft time and they wouldn’t trade him. The word from Schefter was he would not be traded for any reason. He said it every week they have him on radio here and asked about it. But then all of a sudden they trade him for a 2nd. And then Brady has an Achilles injury, personal trainer not allowed on sidelines, etc. just a lot of smoke. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It had been rumored that Belichik wanted to show he could win without Brady and that Brady went to kraft and told him to trade Jimmy G. Then all that stuff with Belichik restricting access with Tommy’s trainer... 

Cat fight !!           hsssss..

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Belichek takes the Browns to a super bowl title, shortly before the universe explodes.

so a Douglas Adams humor filled science fiction novel ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Colin Cowherd was talking about this subject a few days ago. He said that from what he's been hearing, he's predicting that Belichick is leaving the Patriots after this season since the owner choose to side with Brady on such a monumental decision.

It would be so nice to have the opportunity to beat the Brady/Belichick team in what would be their last game together, and that game being at their home field in the playoffs. The Bills made the playoffs, so why not another dream scenario.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I agree 100%.  Nothing about the last 12 months makes senses when it comes to "the Patriot way".  Bill has always bought low sold high.  If Bill wanted to keep Brady would he revoke his personal trainers credentials?  Would he trade an above average back up whos on a very team friendly deal to Indy for a bust wr if he was moving on from Jimmy G?  

Brady went to Kraft a little before the trade deadline.  After his personal trainer was revoked some access he normaly had because he saw the tea leaves changing.  Kraft informed Bill that he in no way had the authority to move on from Brady and he best get whatever he can for Jimmy G because he was not going sign him or franchise him if it ment moving on from Brady.  

Robert Kraft just pulled a Jerry Jones.  By sticking up for his "guy" he has set off a chain of events he Kraft cannot forsee because he has not been a part of the day to day operations. Imo Bill always wanted to win one without Brady to cement his own legacy that now is not the case.  Bill will grant teams access to his assistants and will sway them to leave the sinking ship.  41 year old Qb with a mediocre oline dline and linebaker corp is not a team building but decaying.

40 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Belichick to the Giants, you heard it here first!

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Belichik to NYG and McDaniels or Patricia take over in NE?

We typed that at the exact same time lol

My first impression about  this thread was it's wishful thinking

But in terms of timing, Belicheat to the Giants (if any of the other stuff has merit) is very believable. Reminds me of JR being the first I saw to suggest Harrison to the Pats.

Probably too good to be true, but the Giants angle gives me hope.

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Cowherd has been pushing the narrative hard since the Jimmy G trade.  If it turns out there is both smoke and fire to him fair play.  When he first said it I though "neat theory but surely not." 

How good of a two months would that be.... the Bills break the drought and the Evil Empire crumbles.  Our division would suddenly be winnable again.  To be honest I don't mind if they win another Lombardi in February so long as that is it, the end. 

You don't mind.....what?!?!?!

No, no! Unacceptable!

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

No, just another ctap piece by espn. The only thing they care about is winning. No way they would have lasted this long without respect for each other

I am sure the point of the article of the Exclusive Suck P*ts Nuts article will be look how great they are with all of its critics and faults!