11/7/2016.... What we need, IMO TT's finest game.

Who can forget that Seahawks game last year in Seattle. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016110700/2016/REG9/bills@seahawks/videos/0ap3000000735901

Primetime.Hostile crowd, crooked refs, no Sammy.

TT shined that game and gave us hope for that moment we found our QB.

Not the outcome I wanted but his play that game is what we need Sunday. He has proven that if you let him loose he can sling it.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

I will agree, in my opinion it was indeed his best game as a pro. (Even though he threw for over 300 yards in the Dolphins game last year, and needed overtime to do it.)

However, this is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and his brilliant performances have been far and few between.  

Here's to hoping that he has saved his best for this Sunday....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Wrong.  We need Shady to be 90%. 

Shady at 100% would still have a tough go against this D.

We need TT to ball out and sling it. Complete 3rd downs and keep the chains moving. Take chances deep! Jax DBs are very aggressive and hot headed. Go long and draw some PI's. Get in FG range, play field position. Force Bortles to beat you.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

We need TT to ball out and sling it. Complete 3rd downs and keep the chains moving. Take chances deep! Jax DBs are very aggressive and hot headed. Go long and draw some PI's. Get in FG range, play field position. Force Bortles to beat you.

Agree with this philosophy totally. Will Dennison (and Tyrod) cooperate?

42 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Agree Shady at 110% would be tough against this D - even the most jaded fan would agree this is gonna be a TOUGH game - winnable if all things fall their way but could easily turn into a rout if the D is giving up 200+ yards on the ground.

Forcing Bortles to beat us is the KEY imho.....we need him tossing picks to Poyer and Tre.

6 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Agree Shady at 110% would be tough against this D - even the most jaded fan would agree this is gonna be a TOUGH game - winnable if all things fall their way but could easily turn into a rout if the D is giving up 200+ yards on the ground.

Forcing Bortles to beat us is the KEY imho.....we need him tossing picks to Poyer and Tre.

And converting them into points. A turnover followed by 3 and out would make me stab my eyes out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yes.. as OP suggests, we need the career game from TT.

But bbt81 ... you point out hot headed DB's, then propose to counter them with a hot headed passing plan. Sun Tzu would not approve. Nor Russ Brandon lol lol

7 minutes ago, boater said:

Yes.. as OP suggests, we need the career game from TT.

But bbt81 ... you point out hot headed DB's, then propose to counter them with a hot headed passing plan. Sun Tzu would not approve. Nor Russ Brandon lol lol

They grab, they check, they tug! So does Tre for that matter. But if our WRs can get a step, go for it. Make them make a play.

One of my biggest concerns with Shady this weekend...  Some Jaxhole is going to make a move for his ankle...

I agree that TT needs a big game.  I like that we seem to have the WR all available this week...  I think there's been a WR (including Clay) on the injury report every week this season.  It seems like Murphy is at least a serviceable backup.

We have a chance to win this.  Don't get me wrong.  I see a lot of targets going to Clay - and I think that's a place where success can be found.  Not through quick bombs...  but chewing up the clock with drives and the occasional big burst.  I also see us getting a turnover or two off of Bortles...  That will be the difference.

I don't see Shady or anyone being able to run against their D line.  TT can't throw against that secondary.  He needs to roll out and dink and dunk.  Pull their secondary in, then go over the top to KB.  Hope the coaches put in misdirection to counter their aggressiveness.  TT's speed should be used early and often.  We need 3 turnovers.  Might as well ask that the snow storm moves south.  We're pretty good in the snow.  Jags will give Pats a good game down the road, I'm afraid.  Go Bills!!!

Call me nuts but I truly think Thompson and KB could be better than Sammy and Woods, collectively, if they both started all year and stayed healthy. So I know they are both dinged but playing.  I think everyone seems to be playing a little better together every week.

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Call me nuts but I truly think Thompson and KB could be better than Sammy and Woods, collectively, if they both started all year and stayed healthy. So I know they are both dinged but playing.  I think everyone seems to be playing a little better together every week.

OK - yer nuts......I kinda sorta MAYBE agree to this thought however.....in a weird sorta way

4 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

what we need is what actually got us here......dependable running game....no mistakes by Taylor......D needs to create turnovers

Disagree.     More will be needed.  

That might work vs the Dolphins and get you to 9-7 but way more will needed vs playoff teams.   Tyrod will have to find open receivers and the defense will need to keep us in the game. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

Stack the box, shut down Fournette, let Bortles screw up. I think we win the turnover battle - two picks and a fumble recovery.

Tyrod needs to be at his off the wall best. This game is probably as important to him and his career as it is for the Bills. If he does well Bills can ask for a third with a straight face. 

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Who can forget that Seahawks game last year in Seattle. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016110700/2016/REG9/bills@seahawks/videos/0ap3000000735901

Primetime.Hostile crowd, crooked refs, no Sammy.

TT shined that game and gave us hope for that moment we found our QB.

Not the outcome I wanted but his play that game is what we need Sunday. He has proven that if you let him loose he can sling it.

This highlight also reminds of how woods gave beast mode like effort, every single down... 

The formula lately has been pretty well designed, semi-aggressive scripted drives to start the game and get a lead.........inclining the opponent to run less and throw more..........then trying to protect the football and burn clock for the final 30 minutes.

I'm not sure they will change that gameplan......but I would like to see them be more aggressive with Tyrod.........with Shady hobbled he's really the only guy they have on the field that can consistently avoid the first tackler.

I said this earlier but I think the Bills matchup advantages might be O'Leary in 2 TE sets and Zay Jones in 3 wide sets.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Disagree.     More will be needed.  

That might work vs the Dolphins and get you to 9-7 but way more will needed vs playoff teams.   Tyrod will have to find open receivers and the defense will need to keep us in the game. 

Then you are asking the team to go away from its identity which is not going to happen.

In the playoffs.....mistakes are amplified.....Tyrod needs to limit his while we force Bortles to be who he is by shutting down the jags running game.

The recepi to beat the jags is there......no reason to change the way the team plays.

6 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

We've never seen Tyrod have a full season with the same targets for most of the schedule. We have seen him improve with those targets as time goes on, with Sammy/Woods, and with the new guys. Would love to see that continue to develop.

7 hours ago, Success said:

I want this Sunday to be a scrappy, pieced-together win.  Pick 6, good special teams play, one defensive breakdown for the Jags and a few long field goals.

Then, we’ll need Taylor’s best game next week.

The first part, I could certainly see that happening. The second part, as much as I'd love it, has Tyrod ever had a good game against the Pats?