trading T. Taylor

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

How do you trade a QB coming off a Super Bowl Championship victory?  Please explain that to me.

That would be hard I think.........I guess you need to ask Ravens when they did worse than trading him, by just flat out cut Trent Dilfer.

15 minutes ago, Bakin said:

My question is: does McD want a QB like Tyrod?  A scrambling athlete gamer with limited passing skills...

or

a pocket statue who can sling?

2) Beane reiterates his desire for a pocket passer
- Back in May, I sat down for a 1-on-1 interview with the Bills GM. We didn’t get much into Tyrod Taylor as a quarterback, but I was more interested in what he wanted out of a quarterback. And back in May, Beane said the biggest attribute he wants out of a quarterback is to have the ability to throw from the pocket. This time around, even when Taylor’s name was brought up, he didn’t shy away from his opinion.

“To be in this league, whether its Tyrod or name the quarterback, you have to make plays consistently from the pocket. The quarterbacks that are succeeding year after year after year consistently make plays from the pocket. That’s what, whoever the franchise quarterback is going to be, that’s what he’ll have to do.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

can the kid get through a playoff game before these discussions are needed?

this place is ridiculous.

Our playoff game, and this discussion, are totally separate things. There are lots of topics surrounding the Bills to discuss. Nothing wrong with that. We havent seen anything special or different out of Tyrod this season that changes his situation.

33 minutes ago, cba fan said:

No they have a 2 or 3 day window when new league yr starts to trade him before that bonus is due. Not clear if they have to end of 2nd league yr date or end of 3rd league yr date.

If Bills think they are getting a high return they could pay the 6 mill bonus and then trade him later as he would be more tradable with a 12 mill salary instead of other team on hook for 18 mill.

EX: I would pay 6 mill cap space for a 2nd round pick. Maybe even for a 3rd round pick if high enough.

Well according to Sal on WGR they have to exercise that option which includes the bonus before they can trade him.  

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Well according to Sal on WGR they have to exercise that option which includes the bonus before they can trade him.  

No. He is wrong. They have a 2 day window. Or 3 day.

Contract says the 6 mill bonus is pd if TT is on roster on 3rd league yr day. Trades are allowed starting on 1st league day yr. at 4 pm. 

He is *confused. Not surprised. He may be thinking he is untradeable at 18 mill but with Bills picking up the 6 mill bonus he is tradable for 12 mill.

*is this the same Sal who said tweeted before season that Bills would not have any throwback games this year because it was not in the Bills guide. Instead of just calling the Bills and asking like i did?

They had 3. 1 preseason and 2 reg season. He was wrong 3x there because his phone does not work.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Our playoff game, and this discussion, are totally separate things. There are lots of topics surrounding the Bills to discuss. Nothing wrong with that. We havent seen anything special or different out of Tyrod this season that changes his situation.

bull ****.

1 hour ago, Zqueezr said:

If TT has a good game Sunday and Bills get the W, I’d say he stays for 2018, stand pat and draft the best prospect Qb that falls and let him compete with Nate for back up..kick the can down the road kinda thing..imo

Are we talking a good game for Tyrod or a good game by NFL standards?

• Like (+1) 1

Unless you get a really good offer (2nd rounder plus something else) for Tyrod I am keeping him for one more year. Even if you make that all in move for a rookie QB what kind of team is that QB going to be on? The Bills have modest cap space but at best they can maybe retain talent and plug a hole or two, and if they gut their draft picks to trade up for a QB then they aren't going to have much ability to upgrade the roster via the draft. The Bills are an older team and without those draft picks they won't be an improved team in 2018. Having Tyrod is a luxury that this team has that they shouldn't toss away for nothing. If you get your QB of the future it is best to not force him into a bad situation. 

Edited by billsfan89

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

That would be hard I think.........I guess you need to ask Ravens when they did worse than trading him, by just flat out cut Trent Dilfer.

Dilfer was a liability on that team that had an all time great defense.

Taylor has played with a defense that has been a liability his entire three year tenure in Buffalo. Situations are not that similar other than possibly both being game manager type QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

First they have to pay him a 6 million dollar roster bonus then trade him.  Not happening.  

I’d imagine they will not pick up that bonus voiding the final year of his deal.  

Yes, the Bills would have to pay a 6 mil bonus.  I'm not completely writing that off as a possibility.  Everybody in the NFL has to overpay to one degree or another for a QB.   Buffalo will not arbitrarily pay out the bonus, but Beane will certainly be in conversation with other QB needy teams to ascertain what the market is for Tyrod's services.  I don't know what that market is.  No fan does.  If there is any possibility of a trade, it will all be arranged prior to the due date for that bonus payment.  

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Anything less than a 3rd round pick and they should just keep him for 2018.

I agree.  To find an improvement over Taylor on the open market will cost much more than what it costs to keep Taylor.  Al a Eagles.  Trade up for your Qb.  If he beats outTaylor trade him in training camp when a team is desperate.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

2) Beane reiterates his desire for a pocket passer
- Back in May, I sat down for a 1-on-1 interview with the Bills GM. We didn’t get much into Tyrod Taylor as a quarterback, but I was more interested in what he wanted out of a quarterback. And back in May, Beane said the biggest attribute he wants out of a quarterback is to have the ability to throw from the pocket. This time around, even when Taylor’s name was brought up, he didn’t shy away from his opinion.

“To be in this league, whether its Tyrod or name the quarterback, you have to make plays consistently from the pocket. The quarterbacks that are succeeding year after year after year consistently make plays from the pocket. That’s what, whoever the franchise quarterback is going to be, that’s what he’ll have to do.

Well I guess you could consider Tyrod consistent. 

Doesnt make big mistakes/turnovers. 

I just wondered if we keep Tyrod would we be more apt to find a more mobile QB in the draft like Lamar Jackson....or go straight to the pocket passer and get rid of Tyrod and replace him with a veteran. 

Or keep Tyrod to mentor the young pocket passer...though he’s not a pocket passer...