trading T. Taylor

7 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Well I guess you could consider Tyrod consistent. 

Doesnt make big mistakes/turnovers. 

I just wondered if we keep Tyrod would we be more apt to find a more mobile QB in the draft like Lamar Jackson....or go straight to the pocket passer and get rid of Tyrod and replace him with a veteran. 

Or keep Tyrod to mentor the young pocket passer...though he’s not a pocket passer...

I think the regime really wants a traditional pocket passer.

14 hours ago, cba fan said:

No they have a 2 or 3 day window when new league yr starts to trade him before that bonus is due. Not clear if they have to end of 2nd league yr date or end of 3rd league yr date.

If Bills think they are getting a high return they could pay the 6 mill bonus and then trade him later as he would be more tradable with a 12 mill salary instead of other team on hook for 18 mill.

EX: I would pay 6 mill cap space for a 2nd round pick. Maybe even for a 3rd round pick if high enough.

I agree with you.  But, I think we would take about another $2 M in cap from signing bonuses.  So, a team trading would only have $10 M cap hit not $12 M.  Making him possibly even more tradeable.

We have cap space.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Manther said:

I agree with you.  But, I think we would take about another $2 M in cap from signing bonuses.  So, a team trading would only have $10 M cap hit not $12 M.  Making him possibly even more tradeable.

We have cap space.

Yeah I see that now. You look correct. Thanks for the catch.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:44 AM, maryland-bills-fan said:

We have TT under contract for one more year.   His cost is somewhere around $18 million.  There are many FA QB's available in 2018.  Most Bills fans think the TT days are over and we will be moving on in some fashion.

What could we get in a trade for TT?    My guess is a 3rd round pick in 2019.

I think the feeling around the league is that the Bills have tipped their hand with TT and will cut him rather than pay him his $6m roster bonus on the 3rd day of the league year or whenever it's due.  So I don't think there will be much market for him until after that window passes and the Bills show their hand.

If the Bills keep him past that point, any trade they make needs to compensate them for the $6M roster bonus

Regardless of where you stand on TT, there's no way this team is keeping him and paying him $18 million next year unless he leads this team to a SB win.

And I still think the only reason he's even playing right now because of what happened with NP against both the Chargers and Colts.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Regardless of where you stand on TT, there's no way this team is keeping him and paying him $18 million next year unless he leads this team to a SB win.

And I still think the only reason he's even playing right now because of what happened with NP against both the Chargers and Colts.

in other words you mean the only reason he's playing is because he's proven to be the best qb on the team...? not to mention the first qb to help get us to the playoffs since 1999....

get rid of TT!!!

11 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Now that's going out on a limb.

The only reason the team's best quarterback is starting is because of how the team's second best quarterback played.

Whoda thunk it?

Edited by grb

1 minute ago, grb said:

Now that's going out on a limb. The only reason the team's best quarterback is starting is because of how the team's second best quarterback played.

Whoda thunk it?

exactly. it really makes zero sense for anyone to have this point of view. TT proved to be the best qb on the team. it's on NP that he failed to prove otherwise. until this team finds a proven better option, keep TT. 

Use whatever you get for Tyrod (a 3rd is reasonable) and use that pick for Alex Smith. Instant and seamless upgrade IMO. Good draft and FA and you challenge for the division next year. 

Tyrod is almost certainly done here. Panthers have three QBs on roster. All prototypical size (if not bigger) pocket passers. Carolina thinking is now our philosophy. Also why we will not be drafting Mayfield, who will be there in the first when we pick IMO. No smurfs for Blo. 

21 minutes ago, grb said:

Now that's going out on a limb.

The only reason the team's best quarterback is starting is because of how the team's second best quarterback played.

Whoda thunk it?

McD benched TT for NP after the Saints game. He obviously didn't do this for a random reason, it was because he felt NP was ready and wanted to move on from TT who has maxed out as an NFL starting QB.

Obviously it backfired in spectacular fashion which is why he went back to TT. But still think had NP played a better game he would have stuck as the starter, even with 2 or 3 INT's probably wouldn't have went back to TT. You can argue that NP might have stayed the starter after the Colts game as well if not for getting hurt.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

McD benched TT for NP after the Saints game. He obviously didn't do this for a random reason, it was because he felt NP was ready and wanted to move on from TT who has maxed out as an NFL starting QB.

Obviously it backfired in spectacular fashion which is why he went back to TT. But still think had NP played a better game he would have stuck as the starter, even with 2 or 3 INT's probably wouldn't have went back to TT. You can argue that NP might have stayed the starter after the Colts game as well if not for getting hurt.

I think there is no doubt that had peterman have a strong game and not thrown the 5 interceptions they would have stuck with him.

Which is why everyone in the NFL is speculating Tyrod's departure....actions speak louder then words

6 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I think there is no doubt that had peterman have a strong game and not thrown the 5 interceptions they would have stuck with him.

Which is why everyone in the NFL is speculating Tyrod's departure....actions speak louder then words

Even if it's a formality that we are moving on from TT in the offseason, he can do himself a big favor on Sunday with a good performance win or lose. Would also help the Bills in getting max value for him in a trade scenario.

Either way it's hard to imagine him being back in Buffalo unless we make a deep playoff run which would have to be because of TT anyway since this defense simply isn't going to be good enough to beat teams like the Pats and Steelers.

7 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Even if it's a formality that we are moving on from TT in the offseason, he can do himself a big favor on Sunday with a good performance win or lose. Would also help the Bills in getting max value for him in a trade scenario.

Either way it's hard to imagine him being back in Buffalo unless we make a deep playoff run which would have to be because of TT anyway since this defense simply isn't going to be good enough to beat teams like the Pats and Steelers.

Personally?   If we get past the jags and TT doesnt suck I think he is back and we draft a qb

• Like (+1) 1

The True question is not about Tyrod, but about Petermen. If they think Petermen is going to be there starter eventually then you stick with Tyrod in 2018 until Petermen is ready/ If they think Petermen is a good back up only then you Trade Tyrod. And since the Bills are a playoff team, do you roll into 2018 with Petermen and a rookie, or do you trade for Alex Smith and keep Petermen as his backup????

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

The True question is not about Tyrod, but about Petermen. If they think Petermen is going to be there starter eventually then you stick with Tyrod in 2018 until Petermen is ready/ If they think Petermen is a good back up only then you Trade Tyrod. And since the Bills are a playoff team, do you roll into 2018 with Petermen and a rookie, or do you trade for Alex Smith and keep Petermen as his backup????

let me just say that I actually like Alex Smith

I would like to see a QB drafted regardless of scenario.....if you trade for Alex Smith then i think they can afford to be more patient and wait to see what falls to their 1st round picks.