Carson Palmer - RETIRED!

KDIGGZ

17 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Carson Palmer has announced his retirement from the NFL!

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
#AZCardinals QB Carson Palmer has announced his retirement.

Ive been saying I expected this all year after he got hurt.  Definitely not surprising and confirms the need and demand for a QB in AZ.  

I think its safe to say that they will be looking for a QB this offseason BOTH in FA and in the draft.  They have an aging roster and I would expect them to make a play for a vet they feel they can win with now while also drafting a QB of the future in the draft.  I dont know their cap situation, but wouldn't surprise me if they went after Cousins (assuming they can financially) or even after someone like Tyrod if he ends up not being a Bill next year which at this point is anyones guess and will probably come down to how he plays in the playoffs this year.  

8 minutes ago, MTBill said:

Not at all shocking - considering his own situation and the fact his coach just retired.

Bon Voyage!

As the poster said - I bet Fitz is next, not much to hang around there for now.

Fitz just signed an extension when Carson was already out for season and rumors were consistent that Arians was going to retire himself.  So I seriously doubt Fitz will be retiring and will play at least one more year.