Poyer, White, Gaines & Hyde

Silvercrw

8 minutes ago, vincec said:

They are good. They really need a better nickel option though. The third CB is practically a starter these days.

well said.  Get another CB and we will have our own "no fly zone" in Buffalo.   This secondary has been especially impressive given the lack of pass rush.  Imagine paring this secondary with a legit pass rush!!

I been eating a lot of crow this year, bought extra hot sauce.  I thought Poyer was a joke and Hyde won't that good.  Boy was I wrong.  White has done better as a rookie than I expected, and gained has played better than I expected.  I am starting to really enjoy the crow.  Also I called tank this year.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, jahnyc said:

Pretty amazing how the unit was rebuilt in one offseason to even be competitive after losing Gilmore, Darby, Williams, Robey-Coleman and Graham.

Simply shows how attached Bills fans get to their own players and how much they over-estimate their value.

It's the same with most fan bases I'm sure.

I love me some EJ Gaines but I was skeptical of giving him 9 mill+ a year due to his recent injury history.  I’m not skeptical anymore.  Pay the man, draft another cb mid rounds to play the nickel and sign another lower tier FA.  Leonard Johnson had some good moments this year and I love his toughness, but he’s best as a 5th cb imo.

Tre is the man.  My favorite player at the moment.  True stud and RoY imo.

Hyde And Poyer are like Batman and Robin.  Hyde gets all the love (and he deserves it) while Poyer plays the robin role well, often upstaging Batman.  Both very instinctual and great at playing the ball. 

Big shout out out the the FO for putting these guys together.  Hopefully we can get Gaines back back year

• Like (+1) 1

Gaines is great.... when healthy. But it'd be hard to digest paying elite money for another player just to have him miss half the season due to injuries. Those are the types of players that are dead weight to your football team. Watkins, Dareus, Glenn. We got rid of 2 of those guys, i really wouldn't want to add another. Unless Gaines is willing to sign for less than I'd rather we draft a CB next year. I trust MCD & Beane to find a good one since they have good insight into that position.

4 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I been eating a lot of crow this year, bought extra hot sauce.  I thought Poyer was a joke and Hyde won't that good.  Boy was I wrong.  White has done better as a rookie than I expected, and gained has played better than I expected.  I am starting to really enjoy the crow.  Also I called tank this year.

Way to own it, man. Major respect. Some people defend their takes to their death bed.

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

Gaines is great.... when healthy. But it'd be hard to digest paying elite money for another player just to have him miss half the season due to injuries. Those are the types of players that are dead weight to your football team. Watkins, Dareus, Glenn. We got rid of 2 of those guys, i really wouldn't want to add another. Unless Gaines is willing to sign for less than I'd rather we draft a CB next year. I trust MCD & Beane to find a good one since they have good insight into that position.

Why would Gaines get elite money? He has half a season of production and injury issues, and he probably isn't on the radar of every team out there. We just know him well because he is on our team.

I don't think anyone would be willing to give him a huge contract.

9 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Sounds like a law firm to me!

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

image001-1.gif

If they win this week at Jacksonville the law firm of Poyer, White, Gaines, & Hyde's next case will be against Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Silvercrw said:

Reviewing some games this past season. This group really plays special together. One of the best secondary groups the Bills have had in a while.

Defense had their best games when all 4 healthy and playing

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Way to own it, man. Major respect. Some people defend their takes to their death bed.

Why would Gaines get elite money? He has half a season of production and injury issues, and he probably isn't on the radar of every team out there. We just know him well because he is on our team.

I don't think anyone would be willing to give him a huge contract.

Gaines will test FA waters. The Bills will want this and so will Gaines. If a team is desperate enough they will sign him to a contract that looks past his injuries and just sees his production. 

Personally a wise GM will pay Gaines $6 mil a year and then have another $4mil in incentives for playing time and production.

It is kind of Ironic we traded Sammy for Gaines partly because Sammy was injury prone.  Gaines had like 3 or 4 injuries this year.  Not sure he will be back as a UFA who will get paid as a sought after CB.

I was really impressed with Poyer because I did not think he would be a starter quality guy coming from Cleveland.   He started out the year really aggressive in tackling and I thought that tailed off some.  But he had a bunch of picks down the stretch.  White and Hyde are great and locked up for a few years.

Edited by mattynh

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Vader needs to contact Phili-Delphia and have another blog fest

Vader? I thought he was the mastodon  :lol:

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Gaines will test FA waters. The Bills will want this and so will Gaines. If a team is desperate enough they will sign him to a contract that looks past his injuries and just sees his production. 

Personally a wise GM will pay Gaines $6 mil a year and then have another $4mil in incentives for playing time and production.

This Seems like the most likely. I hope we sign him cuz when healthy hes prob the best we have at CB2 and i don't think well be spending a high pick on a db this year.