Does the Miami rivalry still matter?

SDS

369 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Miami rivalry still matter?

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, GG said:

Poll should be done by age group.  For older geezers like me, yes.  For the youngens, no. 

Same, I'll never not hate the dolphins.

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I know I shouldn't hate, but I do.  I hate them.

Your lips to god's ears.

On 12/25/2017 at 1:26 PM, SDS said:

Yes...it only feels like it matters less because both teams have been mostly mediocre or worse for so long and we both have a common Evil Enemy in the Cheatriots.  Its like when two arch enemies temporarily team up to fight a bigger mutual enemy.  

Once the Pats fall down he ladder and both Bills and Dolphins become better teams (assuming both or either do) then it will matter again.  Its just the utter dominance by the Pats and futile teams both Bills and Dolphins have mostly rolled out has made the rivalry shine fall off a bit.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Feels like it died when Kelly and Marino retired.   

Totally agree. While the 70's Dolphin dominance created the rivalry (BTW, they WERE very good) and the early 80's wins against them were inspiring, it reached the peak during the Kelly/Marino SB years. After that, no one cared. Shula and Marino were gone and then they pretty much have sucked like us for the most part. No-name coaches, QB's. Stadium that has changed it's name multiple times. Trust me, I still don't like them, but damn if I hate the F****** Patriots SO MUCH MORE!!!!! It's their arrogance, the cheating, complete control of AFC East and the BS calls that the Pats* always get. I hate Brady, I respect, but hate Belicheck and Kraft is a POS. So, yeah.....no more Dolphin rivalry, but boy do the Pats* create a lot of anger issues!!!!

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Miami is still a divisional opponent that the Bills play twice a year.

Hmmm....insightful...

2 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Totally agree. While the 70's Dolphin dominance created the rivalry (BTW, they WERE very good) and the early 80's wins against them were inspiring, it reached the peak during the Kelly/Marino SB years. After that, no one cared. Shula and Marino were gone and then they pretty much have sucked like us for the most part. No-name coaches, QB's. Stadium that has changed it's name multiple times. Trust me, I still don't like them, but damn if I hate the F****** Patriots SO MUCH MORE!!!!! It's their arrogance, the cheating, complete control of AFC East and the BS calls that the Pats* always get. I hate Brady, I respect, but hate Belicheck and Kraft is a POS. So, yeah.....no more Dolphin rivalry, but boy do the Pats* create a lot of anger issues!!!!

Hmmm....insightful...

That is the biggest thing IMO. If Miami was the one winning 5 SB's, going to the AFC title game yearly etc.. no Dolphin fan would even step foot in the Ralph with how much that rivalry hits in terms of passion. I still think it can comeback with some real passion but one of the teams needs to get good again to piss the other side off. If both are good at the same point it would be to the level Seahawks 49ers were.

If you think for one second Miami would not revel in the fact that they took us out of the playoffs your sadly mistaken. They have not forgotten the domination in the 90's like we haven't forgotten the 70's and early 80's against them. Sundays game will be no walk in the park. They are too talented a team to look past and as they showed against the Pats can turn it on and be dangerous. That being said Smoking Jay Cutler is probably already in vacation mode and will fake an injury by halftime.

It absolutely died out, anybody thinking the rivalry still matters is either in denial or wasn't around for the prime Hated Dolphins years.  I feel like the last time a Bills Dolphins truly felt the way it used to was the Snow Game in 2002...second best game during the drought behind the Pats game in 2011!