Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

18 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Has anyone watched Fauda on Netflix? It's been recommended to me as "must watch", but I'm looking for a second opinion.  I don't have Netflix, so I would have to figure something out if it is worth it....

I liked it. From what I remember it was tense as well done. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Started watching The Rain on Netflix tonight. The first episode kind of pissed me off, but I’m interested to see where it goes from here.  Anyone else watching this?

I thought the first episode was a bit slow but it got better.   Another spin of a common tale.  A couple of small twists on the way to the end of season 1.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:06 PM, Special K said:

I just finished watching this (Tabula Rasa) and I agree it is worth giving it a try if you don’t mind reading subtitles.                     

The plot twists are great, but I won’t give any spoilers.....watch and enjoy!

Wife & I liked Tabula Rasa. Good story & surprise ending. Subtitles are not always necessary as you can tell what is transpiring.

On 6/5/2018 at 2:34 PM, Max Fischer said:

My favorite new show is Killing Eve on BBC America (all 8 episodes are On Demand).  Highly recommend.  Full of surprises, well-written, great characters and acting.  

Wife & I started watching this and Tabula Rasa (which you mentioned in a post in March) about the same time. At first, we liked KE more but in the end preferred TR. We thought KE jumped the shark at the end. There will be a second season for KE and I hope they can preserve the edginess in the storyline.

On 6/5/2018 at 9:27 AM, shrader said:

I finally got around to watching Stranger Things over the last two weeks.  That was an addictive two seasons.  They made some odd choices here and there, but still, very entertaining.

Loved both seasons.  Sean Astin in season 2 was a great addition.

20 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I thought the first episode was a bit slow but it got better.   Another spin of a common tale.  A couple of small twists on the way to the end of season 1.

The beginning of E1 was very frustrating to watch, but the way it ended left much to the imagination.  I’ll probably binge the other 7 episodes this weekend.  I love that apocalyptic theme.

10 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Check out "Making A Murder" docu on Netflix. Will show you how corrupt some sheriff depts/Counties/political **** really can be. Very interesting and completely ruined a families life.

Little late to the party on this one ?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Loved both seasons.  Sean Astin in season 2 was a great addition.

The rest of the additions in that season left me scratching my head.  Maybe they plan to expand on them in the future, but the stuff with the girl and her step-brother really never went anywhere.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

The rest of the additions in that season left me scratching my head.  Maybe they plan to expand on them in the future, but the stuff with the girl and her step-brother really never went anywhere.

I have a feeling they'll be major players next season. I'm guessing there's something about their backstory the writer's decided to leave out that will pry be important.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in a total "show hole" right now.  Most recently watched 3% and Safe on Netflix.  Currently watching silicon Valley which is funny, but seems to be losing steam already in season 2.  Any suggestions?  We have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and HBO.  Really like sci-fi and murder dramas.  HELP!!

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I'm in a total "show hole" right now.  Most recently watched 3% and Safe on Netflix.  Currently watching silicon Valley which is funny, but seems to be losing steam already in season 2.  Any suggestions?  We have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and HBO.  Really like sci-fi and murder dramas.  HELP!!

Snowfall on Fx.    Any of the Fargo’s 

Below Deck on Bravo.      Great T and A 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I've watched 3% and Safe.  Just OK for me.   Someone here, maybe you, said they enjoyed it.   I think Silicon Valley is great.   I was surprized they could push it to 4? seasons, but they keep finding topics.  I have to believe everything in this show has happened in real life, most likely spread across multiple people.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/16/2018 at 8:18 PM, Max Fischer said:

Two episodes in, it’s fantastic. Killer soundtrack, complex characters, funny and dark. Looks like it could be full of surprises. 

Based on the recommendation in this thread me and my fiance started watching last night. The first episode was meh. Yet episode two was much better so we'll keep watching.

21 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I've watched 3% and Safe.  Just OK for me.   Someone here, maybe you, said they enjoyed it.   I think Silicon Valley is great.   I was surprized they could push it to 4? seasons, but they keep finding topics.  I have to believe everything in this show has happened in real life, most likely spread across multiple people.

I enjoyed safe, but wasn’t a big fan of 3%.  My wife pushed me to the finish on that one.  Brutal ending.

Shooter is an interesting series. I'm 9 episodes in and I like the development so far.

Season 1 of Taken was watchable enough.

I really liked Season 1 of Lost in Space.

The show Travelers was just okay.

Sherlock is very good, even though you might need subtitles just to keep up with what the hell they're saying.

I'm a big believer that a show has to grab me for more than one, sometimes even more than 2 seasons in order to be any good. I don't think there are a lot of those out there. Also, to some degree, the shows need to get to the point. And I don't want to read subtitles or deal with the dubbed English voices that don't match the mouths moving.

My wife and I friggin loved Fringe... at least the first 3 seasons or so, but by then we were invested. We also watched Criminal Minds until the main guy punched someone and got booted off the show.

Better Call Saul is fantastic. Obviously watch Breaking Bad first, which is pretty incredible.

Loved Stranger Things, both seasons.

Loved Daredevil.

Loved The Punisher. Watch it after you watch season 2 of Daredevil.

Westworld is good, but 4 episodes into season 2 it's going in some weird directions, but I still dig it.

Penny Dreadful is pretty good, and I like that it completes a story arc with it's 3 seasons, and it seemed intentional.

Supernatural is, I admit, a totally guilty pleasure, but damn is it fun. And so many seasons out there to kill time.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 6/6/2018 at 2:02 PM, Sig1Hunter said:

Has anyone watched Fauda on Netflix? It's been recommended to me as "must watch", but I'm looking for a second opinion.  I don't have Netflix, so I would have to figure something out if it is worth it....

I am finishing up season 2 now and have to say it is as unique as it was remarkably well done. Truly a must watch.

Season 1 was very good, but it felt like it was just getting its sea legs under it. Actors getting used to their roles. Season 2 I cannot stop watching.

Watch in Hebrew with English subtitles, the English voice over dont do it justice.

On 6/8/2018 at 3:16 PM, Doc Brown said:

I have a feeling they'll be major players next season. I'm guessing there's something about their backstory the writer's decided to leave out that will pry be important.

Homeland and Billions on Showtime.

Blacklist on NBC, but I believe you can get it on Netflix.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:44 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The Tunnel is back up and running on for Season 3 on PBS. I believe all 3 seasons are on Amazon. . think it is fantattic..

If season 3 not on Amazon, it is on PBS.com..( I subscribe, not sure if it available for streaming for free) 

On 7/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, Mr Info said:

Three series I enjoy re-start in August:

Better Call Saul

Animals

Ozark

Ozark season 2 release date is August 31st...looking forward to that one. 

The Affair is a good show.  Season 4 is about half way through currently, haven't started this season yet. 

I am almost half way through Trust on FX and it's pretty good to this point.  It's about the Getty family, so far it's focus is the 1973 kidnapping of John Paul Getty III. 

I'm about halfway through the first season of Ozark.  I've been busy and haven't been able to get back to it for about a week now.  I'm very curious to see where it goes the rest of the way.  It seems like it could branch out a couple possible different paths.

45 minutes ago, shrader said:

...I'm very curious to see where it goes the rest of the way.  It seems like it could branch out a couple possible different paths.

The last episode is a game changer. Enjoy!

Really on the fence here... first, have some personal reservations about the creative team (I can put those aside, they're mostly petty). Second, while I enjoy JK and think he's talented, he's not Jack Ryan. Third... Michael Bay + Tom Clancy? Not a combination I would expect to fit together. 

That said, it's still a show I'm going to watch the hell out of: 

Full trailer: 

Big Mouth on Netflix.  Nick Kroll, John Mulaney, Maya Rudolph, Fred Armisen, Jordan Peele amongst others.  The trailer doesn't do it justice.  If you remember the sheer awkwardness of middle school or have kids near that age this is great for you.  The Hormone Monster and Monstress are the best.

NSFW at all

On June 28, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Have you seen Season 1 of "Bron/Broen" yet?

The first season was good, if you don't mind reading subtitles.

x240-rqz.jpg

On July 10, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Richmond_Bills said:

The wife and I just watched "The Staircase" on Netflix.  Documentary about a guy accused of killing his wife in a staircase.  13 episodes.  Probably could have been 10.  The first 8-9 were great.  Dragged on a little at end, but definitely worth the watch.  

I saw this years ago on HBO I believe.

One of the most entertaining and riveting documentaries I have ever seen.  

It was like it could not have been better.

The "Paradise Lost" trilogy of documentaries about the "West Memphis Three" is incredible.

Particularly the first one is among the most riveting things I've ever seen.

If you haven't seen these yet but enjoy documentaries, order it up ASAP!  Just fantastic viewing.

Paradise-Lost-3-DVD-F.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, shrader said:

I'm about halfway through the first season of Ozark.  I've been busy and haven't been able to get back to it for about a week now.  I'm very curious to see where it goes the rest of the way.  It seems like it could branch out a couple possible different paths.

You won't be disappointed.  Wanted season two to start right after finale.

On July 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

Really on the fence here... first, have some personal reservations about the creative team (I can put those aside, they're mostly petty). Second, while I enjoy JK and think he's talented, he's not Jack Ryan. Third... Michael Bay + Tom Clancy? Not a combination I would expect to fit together. 

That said, it's still a show I'm going to watch the hell out of: 

Full trailer: 

On your first screen cap above I can practically hear the director screaming "Damn it John give me a serious face" right before that picture is taken.

They just have to do an Easter egg where he embeds the bad Guy's gun in a jello mold.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You won't be disappointed.  Wanted season two to start right after finale.

I only have one episode left now.  I don't know how I didn't watch it after the second to last one was crazy enough, but I wanted to get some sleep before heading to work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 2:44 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I just finished watching the entire series of Sillicon Valley a few weeks ago, bought them all through Google Play. It's good, but it always seemed like the same issues. Every seasons he tries to build up Pied Piper and then someone is trying to beat him to ot basically. Still pretty funny though. Loved the Asian guy who wouldn't leave the house, he is best in season 5 (the latest season without TJ Miller)

Just finishing up Luke Cage season 2, not bad. The just announced Iron Fist season 2 premiering beginning of September. Apparently they have worked on the problems they had with season 1 and it should be better

Better Call Saul season 4 starts in 2 weeks finally. From the trailer it looks like this season will probably be the full transition into Saul Goodman.

19 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I just finished watching the entire series of Sillicon Valley a few weeks ago, bought them all through Google Play. It's good, but it always seemed like the same issues. Every seasons he tries to build up Pied Piper and then someone is trying to beat him to ot basically. Still pretty funny though. Loved the Asian guy who wouldn't leave the house, he is best in season 5 (the latest season without TJ Miller)

Agree with your assessment of Silicon Valley.  I’m just finishing season 4, and while it’s still funny I feel like the series has gone on too long.  I also really like the Asian character.  His prank calls to Eurlich were hilarious, and also the episode where he volunteered to pay for his trip to Tibet and dropped him off at the airport.  Really funny stuff.

I recently say him (Jimmy O. Yang) on an episode of Drunk History and he was pretty good.  Almost seemed like he had a NYC accent which was weird to hear.