Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

2 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

It was really good! You will definitely enjoy it. 

Thanks that is what I have heard. I have looked at the trailer and saw some familiar faces.
Player manager Steve Collette passed away a few years back from prostrate cancer. We were broomed (swept) every series but one. 

It will definitely be a trip down memory lane.

41 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Just watched S4 E1 of Peaky Blinders last night.  Holy freaking crap?!  Where do we go from here??  There’s going to be hell to pay.

Same.    Just watched the second too because it was so good. 

Makes me want to smoke a cig, drink some whiskey, and get one of those Irish fades ?

Lotta good reccos in here! 

Sounds like I have to add Peaky Blinders to my list!  

I did start on Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime - so far, it's ok, but I'm not in LOVE with it.  It's similarly named to Peaky Blinders, so there is that, I guess :D 

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The End of the F@#$ing World

The term dark comedy doesn't do this show justice.  This show is twisted.  3 episodes in and really enjoying it.

Heard this way a good one from a colleague yesterday.  Going to check it out tonight.  I’m in a show hole again after finishing Peaky Blinders.

Started watching The Americans on Amazon.  E1 was pretty good. 

20 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Heard this way a good one from a colleague yesterday.  Going to check it out tonight.  I’m in a show hole again after finishing Peaky Blinders.

Started watching The Americans on Amazon.  E1 was pretty good. 

Don't get too involved. It went off a cliff after season one :(

On 12/26/2017 at 11:14 PM, Steve O said:

For any baseball enthusiasts I highly recommend The Battered Bastards of Baseball. True documentary about an independent class A minor league team owned by Kurt Russell's father Bing. Not a farm team to anyone, the team played for five seasons in the 70's.

Thanks for this.  Was very enjoyable.  Never realized that was Kurt Russell's father.  Just as the story detailed, he was in a lot of things back then, and I think I saw a fair number of them.

It also contained some interesting things about minor league baseball I never knew.