Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

If you can handle sub titles, El chapo is awesome. The thing I can't figure out about this show is if it's American made or not. 99% of the show is sub titles because it takes place in Mexico and other Spanish speaking countries , but then occasionally an American character is in it and just speaks his part in English. It's kind of strange. Either way, the story is awesome 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ricojes said:

I think that's next on the list for me.  Just finished "The Crown" season 2 last night and that's definitely not action packed, but very good nonetheless....

Michael C Hall makes an appearance in season 2 as well...

Very well acted, you'll like it. Doesn't hurt that the lead actress is probably the best looking human I've ever seen.

On 1/3/2018 at 5:07 PM, /dev/null said:

The bad news is Norfolk area is supposed to get up to a foot of snow tonight.  :o

The good news is i'm getting an unexpected extra day (likely two) to binge something :D

What's a good snow day binge?

Give me the last 3 tv shows you've really enjoyed and I'll recommend something you're likely to enjoy

On 1/3/2018 at 5:07 PM, /dev/null said:

The bad news is Norfolk area is supposed to get up to a foot of snow tonight.  :o

The good news is i'm getting an unexpected extra day (likely two) to binge something :D

What's a good snow day binge?

On 1/4/2018 at 6:59 PM, ndirish1978 said:

Give me the last 3 tv shows you've really enjoyed and I'll recommend something you're likely to enjoy

Ended up watching the first half of Gotham S4.  The shark has been jumped

Also watched Wormwood.  Almost gave up during the first episode and was ready by the end of the second.  But I stuck with it and enjoyed it overall.  You just have to deal with the random flips between re-enactments and interviews and wait for the story to play out.  I suggest if TGregggggggggy watches this to have a box of Kleenex or two on hand because he will have a Conspiracy Theorgasm

• Like (+1) 1

Narcos is the best show on Netflix.  The first 3 seasons so far have been awesome.  I would put it up just below Breaking Bad when it came to the first 3 seasons.  Still not at the BB level (my favorite of all time) but it's not too far off.

Just started Ozark and loved the first 2 episodes.  Wasn't expecting this from a Jason Bateman show.

Atypical was actually pretty good too.  I have always liked Michael Rappaport.  It's basically about an autistic teen boy who is ready to start picking up women but he's so socially awkward that it's funny.  Drama in the household with every member of the family.

On 1/3/2018 at 1:07 AM, Sweats said:

Alright, so i have to give an update on a Netflix series that i recently praised on here. The series is Rectify.........this dude is falsely accused of killing someone and finally get released from death row after 19 yrs. and tries to readjust to society..........you see? That's a damn good premise for a show.

My wife and i have been binge watching it lately. There's like 4 season and the first 2 season are slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as they do character development. Well, we started in on seasons 3 and 4 and holy shiza, they are just as slow.

The series was rated as a mystery/thriller and i'll tell you thats a downright lie cause its a friggin drama........and did i mention how slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww it was?

I'm not saying its all bad cause its a pretty good series, but imagine watching nothing............okay, just nothing and a whole lot of nothing.

Nothing happens............ever.

You get to the point where you actually loathe the characters and hope they get picked off one by one by a disgruntled postal employee.

Christ, is it slow.

How did you make it 4 seasons into a suck show? Lady's choice? 

While I do understand that not everyone cares whatsoever or bothers to know the difference, but I think there should be some difference made in the thread about what is a "Netflix Show" and what is a show shown on Netflix.

Rectify isn't a Netflix show as many if not most know. I suppose the viewing of these shows is no different whether or not it is a Netflix show, but it still matters.

Plus, there is a difference between shows that have included their runs on their networks and reruns on those networks are still being seen, as opposed to shows like the ones I mentioned I liked, "Rake" and "Jack Taylor," that were shown in other countries and we wouldn't really know of or likely see them without Netflix.

There are even some disputes about whether a show like Peaky Blinders is a Netflix show or not, but at least they had something to do with it, rather than just purchasing the licensing for a few months or years like most of the stuff on the service.

Ozark, Flaked, Punisher, Daredevil, Peaky Blinders,

are all Netflix shows.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/25/2017 at 6:54 PM, Greybeard said:

Black Mirror is back on the 12/29.  Tough decision to binge or savor.  I am leaning to savor at the moment.

I did an episode a night last week.  That was the best I could do haha. 

Fantastic season too IMO!

Freaks & Geeks (Netflix)

Ozark (Netflix)

Mindhunter (Netflix)

Red Oaks (Amazon)

Sneaky Pete (Amazon)

Manhunt: The Unabomber Story (Netflix)

The Office (Netflix)

Peaky Blinders (Netflix)

Also...I highly recommend the "Yahoo Video Guide" app.  Basically you tell the app what services you have (HBO, Cinemax, Netflix, etc) and then when you are looking for a movie or show you type it in and then it tells you on what services it is available, if at all. So you don't have to keep scrolling scrolling and searching. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Has anyone watched “Dark” on Netflix?  We watched E1 last night, and I had mixed feelings about the show.  The subtitles are a pain in my ass.  Stick with it or bail?

I heard it was like Stranger Things German version, is that true?

Edited by Tierlifer

On 12/26/2017 at 8:14 PM, Steve O said:

For any baseball enthusiasts I highly recommend The Battered Bastards of Baseball. True documentary about an independent class A minor league team owned by Kurt Russell's father Bing. Not a farm team to anyone, the team played for five seasons in the 70's.

As a 1977 NWL alum I still need to watch this...

Edited by Uncle Joe

I know there is a disdain for reality TV but wife and I binged watched "Flipping Out" on Amazon over the holidays. 6 seasons so far. I don't care I just get a kick out of the guy. (Jeff Lewis Designs). Also, any show dealing with flipping/designing high-end homes in SoCal I''m a sucker for.