Jump to content
Heitz

Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Binge on that!!!

 

When i found it 5 years ago I swear i watched it for 3 months straight lol

 

I binged it so hard lol

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Anyone watched "The Crown" series?

 

Yup;  thought it was really good and clearly a very interesting period in the monarchy.   Lithgow was fantastic.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Lithgow was fantastic.

 

Always is.      Haven’t seen him since he was a killer in Dexter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started watching Godless this week...I really like it!  If you like Westerns this is good.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife started watching Rectify and then i sort of got hooked on it.

 

It's very slow, but the show needs time to break down the characters and even though there's not a whole lot of action, the story and premise are excellent...........it gives you a lot of "food for thought" and makes you wonder how you would ever get through the same scenario as the main character.

 

Check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

Started watching Godless this week...I really like it!  If you like Westerns this is good.

 

It took me until episode 6/7 to really warm up to this show.  I really enjoyed how things came together, and am looking forward to season 2.  Jeff Daniels is amazing in this series, BTW.  I had no idea he was so talented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 8:36 PM, KD in CA said:

Ken Burns' Baseball or The Civil War are worth another viewing.

Mr CGF has enjoyed them both.

 

Someday I'll get the baseball one done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the first two episodes of black mirror after all the good things I’ve heard 

 

wtf was that.     

 

I liked the prime minister pilot but I guess none are connected.       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 25, 2017 at 3:34 PM, DC Tom said:

Mindhunter is pretty good.  Highly fictionalized...but the Edmund Kemper scenes throughout were pretty spooky.

 

Binge-watching Daredevil now (side note: this flu going around gives you lots of time to binge-watch.  But don't get it.)  There's actually quite a bit about it that I don't care for, but it has some truly excellent visual and sound production work.  

The guy playing Kemper is really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Just watched the first two episodes of black mirror after all the good things I’ve heard 

 

wtf was that.     

 

I liked the prime minister pilot but I guess none are connected.       

 

Black Mirror gets alot of love but it's over hyped IMO

 

It's okay Sci-Fi but far from a modern Twilight Zone

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

It took me until episode 6/7 to really warm up to this show.  I really enjoyed how things came together, and am looking forward to season 2.  Jeff Daniels is amazing in this series, BTW.  I had no idea he was so talented.

I'm through 4 episodes...His character is really enigmatic...don't know if I like him or hate him!  Not even sure I understand him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone mentioned Jim and Andy. Very good!

 

I just finished Wormwood. It’s very good. Especially if you’ve ever done acid or like gov’t conspiracies. Paging  Deranged Rhino!  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Someone mentioned Jim and Andy. Very good!

 

I just finished Wormwood. It’s very good. Especially if you’ve ever done acid or like gov’t conspiracies. Paging  Deranged Rhino!  

 

 

 

I was just checking out the preview to Wormwood the other night..........my wife wants no part in watching it, but i think i'm going to check it out. I guess my wife just doesn't appreciate our younger days when we used to drop some wild A-bomb and just see wherever the day/night took us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ozark and Bloodline are both amazing.

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

 

Black Mirror gets alot of love but it's over hyped IMO

 

It's okay Sci-Fi but far from a modern Twilight Zone

Season 4 is really well done, prob the best of all thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2017 at 11:58 PM, /dev/null said:

 

Black Mirror gets alot of love but it's over hyped IMO

 

It's okay Sci-Fi but far from a modern Twilight Zone

 

Episode 1 of S4 was really freaking good, IMO.  Looking forward to the rest of the season.  Seems similar to twilight zone to me, but I’m not a big TZ guy.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

 

Black Mirror gets alot of love but it's over hyped IMO

 

It's okay Sci-Fi but far from a modern Twilight Zone

    I think it is on par with the Twilight Zone.   There were a lot of TZ's that were not that good at the time.  Watching a TZ marathon might convince you of this.   Then there were some that will never be beat, such as "To Serve Man."  

  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sweats said:

 

 

 

I was just checking out the preview to Wormwood the other night..........my wife wants no part in watching it, but i think i'm going to check it out. I guess my wife just doesn't appreciate our younger days when we used to drop some wild A-bomb and just see wherever the day/night took us.

 

Wormwood is very good. Really enjoy the way it is told.

 

@Deranged Rhino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2017 at 6:37 AM, Chef Jim said:

Someone mentioned Jim and Andy. Very good!

 

It was interesting, but I found it very love/hate, much like Carrey's comedy. 

 

We're digging Mindhunter and Scrotal Recall / Lovesick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richmond_Bills said:

Watched the first several episodes of Shameless.  A bit all over the place, but entertaining none the less.  A lot of T & A.  

 

Oh, Shameless rules!  I can’t wait for the next season to come out.  The wife and I binge watched all of them over 2 weeks of the summer.  Such a great show.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...