Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 2/14/2018 at 7:14 AM, joesixpack said:

Whoever recommended Altered Carbon, I love you mang.

I'm through 4 episodes and find it really cool.  I am going to put the rest in as a spoiler but it is just my guess about what is going on and whodunnit.  Sometimes I can figure these things out very earl and other times I'm way off.

I think the main character waited 250 years patiently and found the right spot to get himself introduced back into society after being "on the shelf" for 250 years.  He found a way to mess with "the construct" much like he did in the torture episode.  The Purefoy character is important because he and those around him symbolize everything that has gone wrong with society over 250 years and he knew Purefoy getting killed would result in the invitation back into the world.  The end game is victory for the Envoys.  This is just a guess....don't tell me if it is right.  It is probably way off

Courtesy of Baldywood:

If you liked Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead, then you will probably like A Futile & Stupid Gesture, which is the Doug Kinney (What the Hell are We Supposed to Do, You Moron) story.  

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, he was good in The Killing and also played a major role in a couple seasons of House of Cards.  Pretty solid actor.

Speaking of The Killing, that's a worthwhile series to start. I didn't see it when it was originally on about 5-6 years ago, but I am about to finish the 4th and final season and I've enjoyed it a great deal.

It has a True Detective feel to it, and is available on Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, Real McCoy said:

Bloodline is pretty damn good as well as Ozark.

Just started Peaky Blinders which thus far is great too.

Loved it until Season 3. Wow did that ever fall REALLY REALLY flat for me. Apparently the state of Florida ran out of funding for these crews to shoot movies in their states so they had to pack it up and end the series early and it really shows. Damn I was so bummed about Season 3, especially the last few episodes. 

On 2/16/2018 at 12:24 AM, GoBills808 said:

Didn’t make it through episode 2 of Ozark. Bateman badly miscast.

It gets really good......

27 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Loved it until Season 3. Wow did that ever fall REALLY REALLY flat for me. Apparently the state of Florida ran out of funding for these crews to shoot movies in their states so they had to pack it up and end the series early and it really shows. Damn I was so bummed about Season 3, especially the last few episodes. 

Ir def. dwindled down for me the the 3rd season as well for me. Overall I was really satisfied with the show. 

Just finished Peaky, really like this show.  Finished Godless as well, not my top choice but was decent.

Onward bound to Altered Carbon

Edited by Real McCoy

Just finished Penny Dreadful.  Pretty good.  When you get Dr Frankenstein,  his Monster, the Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolfman, Dracula,  Renfield, Mina Harker, Dr Jekyll, Dr Van Helsing, Dorian Gray all in one series I'm in!  

I thought it was great when Dr Frankenstein was quoting Shelley.  

I haven't gone back and looked through the last few pages but I just started Dark on Netflix.  It's in German but has a Stranger Things kind of vibe to it, but darker.  Only 4 episodes in but it's pretty good so far. 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

I haven't gone back and looked through the last few pages but I just started Dark on Netflix.  It's in German but has a Stranger Things kind of vibe to it, but darker.  Only 4 episodes in but it's pretty good so far. 

I posted a few days ago my love for "seven seconds" on Netflix. It just came out last week. One of my favorite shows I've seen on Netflix. Then again I'm a sucker for crime/drama's. Highly recommend it if you're into those kinda shows