Comprehensive "Tyrod Taylor is Bad" Thread (VERY Comprehensive)

BigDingus

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We are so smart when it comes to getting rid of players, but they all seem to do better once they get away from Buffalo? Why is that? I suspect it will be the same with Taylor.

Are you out of your mind?  Seriously, you want to keep the guy?  Why?  I’m being serious, how can you say this?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh so THAT's how it went down!    You root for the parent club of your favorite farm team.  

I guess everyone in Buffalo and Rochester should be Pirates or Indians or Orioles/Twins fans!

Then you should be a Pats fan because the Bills are like a farm team to the Pats!

Gotta' hand it to that psycho Belichick.........sticking Gillislee into the end zone to seal the Bills fate.........that's how you stay in a weak organization's head.:thumbsup:

Like the Yankees do with your Orioles.....well for the past 30 years really........and will continue to do for the rest of your life.

Machado gonna' look good in pinstripes...........nothing you can do about it.:thumbsup:

Carry on troll and nice double spacing. Maybe you'll be a Bishop at COT when he's trying to make it in the CFL

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I'm just going to put everything I can out there and go all-in on this. I'm sure I'll get the "you've got too much time on your hands" comments, or "you're a hater" responses, but this is just info that backs everything we've seen, and I wanted it all in one place for future reference.

Bills Passing Offenses Under Tyrod Taylor

2015 - 28th (12th overall) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2015/index.htm

2016 - 30th (11th overall) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/index.htm

2017 - 32nd (23rd overall) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/index.htm

4th Quarter Comebacks Under Tyrod Taylor

Tied for 231st (dead last) out of all QB's since 1960 with a total of 3.

Tied with greats like JP Losman,  Kelly Holcomb, & Jamarcus Russell, and behind other greats like Blaine Gabbert, Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards, & Tim Tebow.

Want to know some players who already have him beat that haven't even played as long?
Teddy Bridgewater - 4, Brock Osweiler - 4, Dak Prescott - 5, Marcus Mariota - 7, Kirk Cousins - 8, and Derek Carr - 13.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

Record when down by even a single point at any time in the 4th Quarter:

3-20 all time.

2015:

1. Loss to Patriots 32-40

2. Loss to Giants 10-24

3. Win vs Titans 14-13

4. Loss to Patriots 13-20

5. Loss to Chiefs 22-30

6. Loss to Eagles 20-23

7. Loss to Redskins 25-35

2016:

8. Loss to Ravens 7-13

9. Loss to Jets 31-37

10. Loss to Dolphins 25-28

11. Loss to Patriots 25-41

12. Loss to Seahawks 25-31

13. Win vs Jaguars 28-21

14. Loss to Raiders 24-38

15. Loss to Steelers 20-27

16. Loss to Dolphins 31-34

2017:

17. Loss to Panthers 3-9

18. Loss to Bengals 16-20

19. Win vs Buccaneers 30-27

20. Loss to Jets 21-34

21. Loss to Saints 10-47

22. Loss to Patriots 3-23

23. Loss to Patriots 16-37

Other Fun Info:

-Took until week 12 against the Chiefs to lead a 1st Quarter TD drive.

-Leads an offense ranked 31st overall in 1st downs.

-Want to know why we kick FG's on 4th down or punt on 4th & short? We're 2 & 13 overall on 4th down this year. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

-We have the 2nd most 3 & outs in the league with 31 (only behind Indianapolis with 32).

-Therefore we have the 2nd most punts with 30 (only behind NY Giants with 31).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsdef

-Tyrod is ranked 33rd (out of 35) in passing yards per game with 178. Only Tom Savage & Brett Hundley have fewer. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame

-"Oh but he's got a great completion percentage!" - He's ranked 18th overall. Not impressive at all.

-"But what about his passer rating?!" - It's 19th overall. Still below average.

-Passing TD's he's ranked 25th overall with 13 on the year.

Record against the Patriots:

-1-5, with his 1 win coming against the 3rd string rookie Jacoby Brissett in 2016. He threw for a whopping 1 TD in that game, with us winning 16-0. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00/gamelog/?opp_id=nwe

-In games against Brady-lead Patriots teams, he has 3 passing TDs, all in his first game. In the other 4, he has thrown 0.

His numbers in those games:

Game 1: 242 yards, 3 TD's, 3 INT's 76.7% completion

Game 2: 233 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's, 55.6% completion

Game 3: 183 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's, 50% completion

Game 4: 65 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT's, 50% completion

Game 5: 281 yards, 0 TD's, 0 INT's, 55% completion

Addressing Common Claims:

-"Passing yards don't matter! Who cares if he doesn't throw for 300 yards!"

*Problem...The successful teams have successful passing attacks. Leaders in the league are Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Matthew Stafford, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, Matt Ryan, Case Keenum, Carson Wentz, Blake Bortles.

Nearly all of those teams are either in the playoffs, or in contention.

-In 3 seasons as a starter, he has ONE career 300 yard game, and that was because the game went into OT, allowing him the extra yards to crack 300.

-"But Big-D, we're a run-first offense so he doesn't get as many attempts!"

*Problem...his attempts are low due to his execution on the field. When you lead the league in 3 & outs, where are you? Not on the field. If they moved the ball, he'd have more attempts by virtue of simply being out there still playing!

**Even so, he is 27th in yards per attempt with 6.52... Give him 5 extra attempts (which would be more than half the league on average), and he'd only have 32.6 extra yards (assuming he completed every pass).

-"It's the offensive coordinator! The playcalling sucks!"

*Problem...We've had 3 offensive coordinators in 3 years, and they all try their damndest to get something out of the passing game with TT. The passing game regresses each year, but at times they manage to compensate with the run game. However, teams more & more commit to stopping the run & forcing Tyrod to play QB, which has become an effective strategy. Coaches that say "we are a run-first team that wants to pound the ball & play tough defense," do so because they have no other choice.

**If a team has a competent QB, they don't have to declare anything like that. They can like to run the ball, but still pass just as often, if not more. Teams without QB's have no other choice but to try & pound the ball. You're not going to gameplan for some crazy passing attack with a QB who can't throw the ball...you try to run, and mix in short passes, play action, screens, & take a couple shots. That's it. There's no other option. Blaming every single OC who comes through town as the reason playcalling sucks, as if it's that simple, is an exercise in futility. They are working with a gimped playbook, and handicapped by the QB behind center. If the QB has shown to be unable to execute, you can only do so much.

***A simple playbook can help streamline things against certain weaker teams, but when facing top-tier coaches & talent, you run into a wall. You can question them as much as you want, but you won't know what they really want to do (or can do) until you have a QB capable of executing on the field.

More Fun Facts!

-Tyrod ranks 19th in total QBR out of 32 players...so "below average."
-Tyrod's BEST game of the season is ranked 41st out of all games played (Week 15 against Miami) out of 50. http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/type/player-game
-Above him are Jacoby Brissett, Josh McCown, C.J. Beathard, Dak Prescott, Case Keenum, Brock Osweiller, Sam Bradford, Jimmy Garoppolo, DeShaun Watson, Kirk Cousins & all the other usual suspects.

-Leader in receptions on our team: LeSean McCoy with 57. Next, Charles Clay with 43. Then comes the dropoff, Zay Jones & Jordan Matthews tied with 25 a piece. Next we have Nick O'leary with 21, tied with Deonte Thompson at 21. WR's don't get much action under TT.

-In terms of receiving yards, it's Charles Clay with 457 followed by LeSean McCoy at 350. Don't forget, Clay missed a couple games due to injuries as well, yet he still tops all actual WRs.

-Tyrod had a couple good passes to WR's today, but overall he doesn't throw their way often. He sees his outlet pass or last read as the first option and dumps off to the RB & TE, even on 3rd & long. He rarely hits receivers in stride, or won't throw to them at all unless they're wide open on all sides of the ball. He doesn't "throw guys open" nor does he audible out of plays at the line he knows are bad. He throws to the short route even though men downfield are open, and he frequently doesn't see open men at all. On top of that, how many times does he throw into the dirt to wide open receivers? All. The. Time.

-Does he hold on to the ball too long? Yes.
 Tyrod's "Time to Throw" is at 3.0 seconds, 3rd highest in the league. Only above him are DeShaun Watson & Russell Wilson.
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

-Also, in terms of where he throws the ball, he throws half a yard short of the sticks on average, good for 22nd in the league.

-To further highlight this point, there is a metric called "Aggressiveness/AGG%" where Tyrod is ranked 32nd. Aggressiveness rating is defined as "the amount of passing attempts a QB makes that are into tight coverage, where there is a defender within 1 yard or less of the receiver at the time of completion or incompletion. AGG is shown as a % of attempts into tight windows over all passing attempts."

So in summation/TL;DR - Tyrod isn't good. Also, just to make sure people take this seriously, I have a source inside OBD that told me Tyrod is bad, and the Bills don't want him as QB. There, now it's official.

But he protects the ball!

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh so THAT's how it went down!    You root for the parent club of your favorite farm team.  

I guess everyone in Buffalo and Rochester should be Pirates or Indians or Orioles/Twins fans!

Then you should be a Pats fan because the Bills are like a farm team to the Pats!

Gotta' hand it to that psycho Belichick.........sticking Gillislee into the end zone to seal the Bills fate.........that's how you stay in a weak organization's head.:thumbsup:

Like the Yankees do with your Orioles.....well for the past 30 years really........and will continue to do for the rest of your life.

Machado gonna' look good in pinstripes...........nothing you can do about it.:thumbsup:

Troll comment.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Transplant and Badol need to get a clue.... anyone who still thinks the Bills should build around Taylor have their heads buried somewhere.  He simply is not good.

You are just another damsel in distress............save us or die Tyrod!

I want to build around whoever the QB is.........does having playmakers in place HURT the next QB?    Really?   How so?  

Do they draft OL that can only block for Tyrod?

Receivers that can only catch passes from Tyrod?

And you think YOU have a clue..........YOU?

My contention that you should figure on propping-up the QB you have rather than just seeing if he can pass himself out of a flaming dumpster has only been further enhanced by what the Eagles and Rams have done.    And Nick Foles stepping in and playing well in place of Wentz has only FURTHER enhanced my position.

57 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Woods might not even break his own best for catches in a season.  He's got more yards and he's in a passing offense but he's not lighting the world on fire compared to what he did here.

Back when Orton was here you mean? Cause Woods career high was when he played with Orton. 

And what seperates him him from that benchmark is 9 passes. Also, that benchmark was in 16 games; Woods this year has only been in 12. So he has 9 less passes than he did with Orton. Orton unlike Taylor was a decent QB. 

53 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

AGAIN:

Tyrod's numbers with Sammy and Woods healthy were elite.

And the funny thing is........for all the hype about them in LA........Sammy and Woods would probably have had better years statistically combined in Buffalo this year than they have had with the dynamic Rams offense.

How many catches do you think Woods has had this year?   56.  Last year he had 51 in Buffalo while being injured for 7 games.  Watkins has obviously seen a bigger dropoff per game so it's hard to disagree that they'd have put up better overall numbers with Tyrod.

I get that some of you don't actually watch or closely follow the league but Woods and Watkins did not suddenly turn into Randy Moss and Jerry Rice after being freed from Tyrod.:lol:

My take on Goodwin was pretty clear........you chose not to read it, that's fine.

I was dead-nuts-on right about his talent/potential.   Most on TSW thought he was just a less durable TJ Graham.:doh:

Nobody touted Goodwins talent on TSW more than me.......but unfortunately he played the Bills for 3 years because they had him on a cheap enough contract that he had no reason to fear being cut.

Pay attention,  you will find that I am right a whole lot on TSW.    If you see my opinion, consider owning it yourself.:thumbsup:

Youre cherry picking stars to prove that Taylor isn’t as bad as I know him to be, and then you state ‘just listen to me little buddy because I know.’ Well, your logic is the same retarded logic that’s kept this franchise in mediocrity for...well forever. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Back when Orton was here you mean? Cause Woods career high was when he played with Orton. 

And what seperates him him from that benchmark is 9 passes. Also, that benchmark was in 16 games; Woods this year has only been in 12. So he has 9 less passes than he did with Orton. Orton unlike Taylor was a decent QB. 

So he's currently got 5 more catches playing in 1 less game  than with Taylor is that supposed to prove your point?

The play that did it for me was the 4th & 2 on what, the NE 5yd line? They have Tyrod drop back, he has a rush coming from his left side, with his own lineman still making an effort. 

Instead of stepping up, INTO the pocket, and making s decisive throw, he drops his eyes, and COMPLETELY bails out of the pocket, which allows the edge rusher on the other side to have an easier path to pressure him.

at this point he tries to make a maneuver and run up the sideline, but seeing he has no options throws it out of bounds...

I like the guy, he tries, and he’s a good character person in the room. But he’s not a quarterback that can do what needs to be done in big games.

i don’t care which one it is, but I’ll take my chances on ANY one of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Rudolph, Lock or even Jackson before another year of Tyrod.

and for a year to give that rookie time to sit I’ll go after one of the Minnesota guys (Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum in that order).

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

So he's currently got 5 more catches playing in 1 less game  than with Taylor is that supposed to prove your point?

I'd venture a guess he's probably played a higher % of his teams snaps already this year than he did last year in Buffalo.

He was banged up for 7 games and in and out of the lineup in 2016 and claimed to play the entire 2015 season with a torn groin. 

Funny how the argument is..........."see how good Woods is without Tyrod"...........but the same people will say "Sammy is no good because his per game production is WAY DOWN" ...... but without the "without Tyrod".:lol:

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Karmic justice being carried out? Don’t we have to wait until next Sunday evening to determine that? Will Evan Silva (who ever that is) have the courage to eat crow if the Bills make it? 

Definitely early to begin that 2017 Bills' grave dance.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Again, blame the rookie for 1 game, but the 7 year vet gets passes on all the stinkers he put up this year.....

The one thing I don't understand is how fans blame Peterman for his start at the Chargers.

He didn't push TT out of the job, that was all on McDermott.

I've voiced my dismay of McDermott's boneheaded move of starting Peterman.

I keep saying he should of started TT but he should of made it quite clear that if TT did not play

the way he wanted him to, he would get pulled for Peterman.

Imagine how hard and stressful it was for Nate in the locker room with vets undoubtedly not happy with McD's actions.

Peterman may never get over that half of football.

McDermott's call was not fair for the Team, Fans, TT and Peterman.

He better be learning from his mistakes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Karmic justice being carried out? Don’t we have to wait until next Sunday evening to determine that? Will Evan Silva (who ever that is) have the courage to eat crow if the Bills make it? 

You gotta' admit........getting edged out by the Chargers is a nightmare come true for McD's national rep.   

I know most people on here don't follow the NFL all that closely anymore........but McDermott's mind is not well thought of by players and analysts.

As recently as last week I heard a former player.......Jeff Saturday maybe.........call a dumb decision "a McDermott".:doh:

Perhaps you don't care but you were quite adamant that I answer you about former player Tony Romo's position that Tyrod should "just throw it".

As I said...........I think Jay Cutler would have given the same analysis if he'd stayed in the booth.    Two QB's that never saw a receiver who wasn't open.:thumbsup:

I think Cutler will make an entertaining analyst.   Matt Millen always sounded good too.:thumbsup:

Speaking of analysts........regarding Rex Ryan........wasn't it last year during the Steelers game where Rex made a goofy decision to punt or attempt a field goal that you said both Terry Pegula and Doug Whaley were up in arms about and that's when TP started thinking about Rex's mortality?

You had an inside take on that if I recall.

I wonder what TP was thinking when McDermott decided to attempt that 50 yard FG on 4th and 1 from the Pats 32 down 23-16?    Wow that was up there with fourth and stupid and the preposterous punt from years past.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Are you out of your mind?  Seriously, you want to keep the guy?  Why?  I’m being serious, how can you say this?

I'm not against keeping him next year while we draft our hopeful QB of the future. Unless you plan on pulling a Peterman and just starting a rookie. If you think people are upset at an 8-7 Bills team on the verge of the playoffs, wait till you see a followup 4-12 season, even with the QB of the future.

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'd venture a guess he's probably played a higher % of his teams snaps already this year than he did last year in Buffalo.

He was banged up for 7 games and in and out of the lineup in 2016 and claimed to play the entire 2015 season with a torn groin. 

Funny how the argument is..........."see how good Woods is without Tyrod"...........but the same people will say "Sammy is no good because his per game production is WAY DOWN" ...... but without the "without Tyrod".:lol:

Funny enough also is how the claim is how great they are somewhere else yet they are both being beat out by a rookie.  I honestly think if they had Thompson signed and starting from the preseason on he'd have Watkins like numbers.  Taylor loves a speed guy and it's his best pass.  People want to argue pocket presence, I'll buy it.  Holding the ball too long, you're absolutely right.  Can Taylor throw?  Yes he can.  He misses some.  They all do but he can throw.  Taking the 15 yard sack yesterday was the kind of thing that can't happen though.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Yeah. That’s my point. Look at his yards — he has more yards. 

Look at his YAC compared to Tyrod. There’s the whole frickin story. Look at the YAC. 

Edited by The_Dude

42 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are just another damsel in distress............save us or die Tyrod!

I want to build around whoever the QB is.........does having playmakers in place HURT the next QB?    Really?   How so?  

Do they draft OL that can only block for Tyrod?

Receivers that can only catch passes from Tyrod?

And you think YOU have a clue..........YOU?

My contention that you should figure on propping-up the QB you have rather than just seeing if he can pass himself out of a flaming dumpster has only been further enhanced by what the Eagles and Rams have done.    And Nick Foles stepping in and playing well in place of Wentz has only FURTHER enhanced my position.

One game sample size vs a terrible Giants team is the new metric for cot math ?

Steelers don't have Ben they still win.  Pats don't have Brady they still win.  Many good teams are just that, good teams.  They're not getting rolled on for 300 yards rushing and 6 TD's.  Sure there are teams with better QB's but look a little deeper.  They also have better coaching, better pass catchers, better o-line, and a better defense.  If they aren't better in those areas then they probably aren't doing any better than us.  When was the last time Rivers won a SB?

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Steelers don't have Ben they still win.  Pats don't have Brady they still win.  Many good teams are just that, good teams.  They're not getting rolled on for 300 yards rushing and 6 TD's.  Sure there are teams with better QB's but look a little deeper.  They also have better coaching, better pass catchers, better o-line, and a better defense.  If they aren't better in those areas then they probably aren't doing any better than us.  When was the last time Rivers won a SB?

When do the Steelers win without Roethlisberger? When do the Patriots win without Brady?

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

When do the Steelers win without Roethlisberger? When do the Patriots win without Brady?

I'm not doing the work for you but needless to say it's a fact.  Brady is easy to look up.  11 and 4 one season and 3 and 1 another without Brady.  Ben is more sporadic but it's there if you really care.  The Steerlers have had several stretches with Ben hurt and managed to win.  We have plenty of work to do to be a good team.  QB is just one position.  Granted an important one but if we can't win with Taylor we probably are not SB bound just by drafting a "franchise" QB.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

I'm not doing the work for you but needless to say it's a fact.  Brady is easy to look up.  11 and 4 one season and 3 and 1 another without Brady.  Ben is more sporadic but it's there if you really care.  The Steerlers have had several stretches with Ben hurt and managed to win.  We have plenty of work to do to be a good team.  QB is just one position.  Granted an important one but if we can't win with Taylor we probably are not SB bound just by drafting a "franchise" QB.

Steelers don't win without Roethisberger. This stat is from 2016, but they're 117-58 with him and 13-11 without him. And that 11-5 Cassel-led Patriots team was 16-0  just the year before, which is a -5 differential so in a normal 11-5 season they'd have been 6-10, so no...I 100% disagree that the Steelers or Patriots win missing their respective quarterbacks.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Steelers don't win without Roethisberger. This stat is from 2016, but they're 117-58 with him and 13-11 without him. And that 11-5 Cassel-led Patriots team was 16-0  just the year before, which is a -5 differential so in a normal 11-5 season they'd have been 6-10, so no...I 100% disagree that the Steelers or Patriots win missing their respective quarterbacks.

You do realize that 13 and 11 is winning?  You are claiming one thing and proving another.  You are arguing for arguings sake. 

You do realize that 13 and 11 is winning?  You are claiming one thing and proving another.  You are arguing for arguings sake. 

Christ...13-11 is not winning when it's held against 117-58. Are you saying they'd have had to go 0-24 to make the case? 1-23 would have ruined it? 

Why does it have to be held against anything.  It's simple Ben is out and they won more than they lost.  Brady is out and they win more than they lose.  Tell me how we've done with out Taylor?  Winning is when you win more than you lose.  I'm not even sure what the hell you are talking about.

Why does it have to be held against anything.  It's simple Ben is out and they won more than they lost.  Brady is out and they win more than they lose.  Tell me how we've done with out Taylor?  Winning is when you win more than you lose.  I'm not even sure what the hell you are talking about.

Steelers and Patriots win ball games 

But don’t forget Tyrod still sucks. 

See the OP if you need to rehash it again.