Taylor starting

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Oh, so another game they lost... And his one game throwing for 3 TDs in his career, as well as the only time he broke 300 due to having OT lol.

I guess his 3-20 all-time record in games the Bills go down by even a single point in the 4th quarter shows how he just puts the team on his shoulders and wills them to victory right? 

It's still amusing you throw out his best game EVER, as a defense for his second best game EVER, and use that as if it proves anything about his play as a 7 year vet & 3 year starter. Josh McCown has had better games than those...Rookies new to the league have better games than those. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your hopes & dreams. Dream on...

Bills absolutely must try to improve the QB position in the off season.  But it's not off season yet. 

The lack of comeback ability is a huge concern for me as well.

But he's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be.  You dwell on the bad and won't even acknowledge the good.

But you were just flat out wrong. The Fish game was better.  Just admit you were wrong. Not a big deal.

40 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

I just distinctly remember tthat game as a game he created plays out of nothing, fighting for his life to present to the world a B+ QB performance

I remember 2 things far more in that game. 1) The halftime FG kick debacle, and 2) Robert Woods making huge plays all game long, having a career defining game. 

I do remember Tyrod doing well, but when Russell Wilson is on the other side having an average day, yet still playing better than Tyrod, it doesn't stand out as much. He threw for only 7 less yards but otherwise played better across the board. He had 2 passing TDs, no interceptions, 11 YPA (as opposed to 7.6), also had a rushing TD, and  took 1 less sack (4 instead of 5). 

He's a fantastic player, and Tyrod did his best Russell Wilson performance, but it just showed the disparity between the 2 when Wilson wasn't even at his best and still putting on a performance. 

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I remember 2 things far more in that game. 1) The halftime FG kick debacle, and 2) Robert Woods making huge plays all game long, having a career defining game. 

I do remember Tyrod doing well, but when Russell Wilson is on the other side having an average day, yet still playing better than Tyrod, it doesn't stand out as much. He threw for only 7 less yards but otherwise played better across the board. He had 2 passing TDs, no interceptions, 11 YPA (as opposed to 7.6), also had a rushing TD, and  took 1 less sack (4 instead of 5). 

He's a fantastic player, and Tyrod did his best Russell Wilson performance, but it just showed the disparity between the 2 when Wilson wasn't even at his best and still putting on a performance. 

I dont think anyone is saying Tyrod is some elite franchise QB, but hes absolutely the best QB on the roster and is not even close to the problem on offense if you look at all the positions currently

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Bills absolutely must try to improve the QB position in the off season.  But it's not off season yet. 

The lack of comeback ability is a huge concern for me as well.

But he's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be.  You dwell on the bad and won't even acknowledge the good.

But you were just flat out wrong. The Fish game was better.  Just admit you were wrong. Not a big deal.

I said the Fish game was better, as I confirmed you were right...it was his actual best game. But that's was it. You used his BEST game to one-up his SECOND BEST game. That's it. His two best games in a nutshell. 

So over the body of work we've seen, he has 1 performance in a loss that's pretty good, and another performance in a loss that's actually good. Do you know how laughable it is to hold up 1 game of 300 yards (that took OT to achieve) and say "See, he's good!" when you have career journeymen put up those numbers multiple times over their careers? And although Brady is a HOFer, he AVERAGES 300 yards a game at 40... Let that sink in for a moment. And 3 passing TD's one time in his life? How is that impressive again? JP Losman had multiple 300 yard games and multiple 3 TD games... 

Do we hold up those as if he was somehow a decent QB? Do we say "look at his best game ever, followed by his second best game ever!" and then try to pretend that's even semi-indicative of the kind of player he was? No. So to pretend Tyrod has a history of this, or some great track record is ridiculous. 

You are right, I'm done "acknowledging the good." It's too few and far between, and outliers aren't the norm. If you want,  you can ignore his two sub-100 yard passing games this season as outliers too, but you're still left with a guy who averages 160 passing yards, and 1 TD a game. What's to acknowledge there?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

I think it makes perfect sense that TT starts and NP is out.  Doesn't take an insider (although I'll consult my oracle later in the week ;) ).  But the Cousins stuff...

This. ^

Cutting Tyrod is a parallel move if we plan on dumping him and signing a vet. We're better off keeping him and redshirting a high draft choice rookie. I don't believe for one second that Kirk Cousins is coming here, I would love it but I probably have a better chance at winning the lotto.

7 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

I dont think anyone is saying Tyrod is some elite franchise QB, but hes absolutely the best QB on the roster and is not even close to the problem on offense if you look at all the positions currently

But I don't get what the point is and even saying that...

The best QB on this roster by what metric? That he's not a 5th round rookie who has a combined total of 1 game under his belt? Well I sure hope so...He's a 7 year veteran and 3 year starter... But what good does that say about him?

We KNOW who Tyrod is. 100% up and down. We KNOW he won't try to win us any games if we ever fall behind. You act like you know the QB Peterman is when no matter what you say, we just don't. He was absolutely horrendous in 1 half of 1 game. We know he tries to get the ball to Benjamin as much as he can, has a quick release, and throws downfield. That's it.

We are under no illusions that we're a SB contender. So why not try to go with the guy who clearly TRIES to play the QB position instead of the RB in disguise who will most certainly be nothing more than who he has always been? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

Really?  That makes no sense. Past regimes have overpaid Mario, Marcel, but they won't spend roughly the same on a franchise QB?

k....

It's just my opinion....I don't think the Bills will go after Cousins and he may not be available.

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Oh, he played a better game after that. The Christmas Eve Fish game he was 26 of 39 for 329 Yards and 3 TD passes.

Oh, and that measly 25 points was scored on one of the best Ds in the NFL.  In fact only one other team scored more than 25 against them all season. The Arizona Cardinals with 34.  Tommy only got 24 in a losing effort.

But don't let me interrupt a good rant. Rant on ...

i stood up for him plenty of times believing if he can do it once, he can do it again....but then came 2017 and the defensive blue print for opponents was finished and perfected.

it's over. i wouldn't put a dime on him possibly getting a win this week. i hope i'm wrong, but i'm sick of the sick feeling i get knowing he will be under center.

Edited by billsredneck1

59 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I said Taylor is starting and he is.  News will come out today about the extend of peterman injury,  they will resign Thompson to a one year deal.  Glenn is headed to Seattle after the year for a 5or 6 rounder.  Benjamin will be resigned to long term deal they love his ability to get jump balls

Starting LT worth only a 5th or 6th?

25 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i stood up for him plenty of times believing if he can do it once, he can do it again....but then came 2017 and the defensive blue print for opponents was finished and perfected.

it's over. i wouldn't put a dime on him possibly getting a win this week. i hope i'm wrong, but i'm sick of the sick feeling i get knowing he will be under center.

Also, Woods and Watkins no longer on the team and offensive system changed with a new coach...I agree Taylor is not playing well....just pointing out the differences from last year

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I said Taylor is starting and he is.  News will come out today about the extend of peterman injury,  they will resign Thompson to a one year deal.  Glenn is headed to Seattle after the year for a 5or 6 rounder.  Benjamin will be resigned to long term deal they love his ability to get jump balls

Seattle just traded for a LT

12 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

If the bills lose on Sunday to Miami, that will be the last time we see Tyrod take a snap for the Bills.  Bills will be moving on and heavily targeting Kirk cousins

Does nobody listen to the leadership here.  They want to build through the draft, more players, hopefully better players 2-3 years down the road on rookie contracts. 

They are not going to spend $20M per year in Kirk Fricken Cousins.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Does nobody listen to the leadership here.  They want to build through the draft, more players, hopefully better players 2-3 years down the road on rookie contracts. 

They are not going to spend $20M per year in Kirk Fricken Cousins.

it will cost a lot more than $20M also