Taylor starting

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I said Taylor is starting and he is.  News will come out today about the extend of peterman injury,  they will resign Thompson to a one year deal.  Glenn is headed to Seattle after the year for a 5or 6 rounder.  Benjamin will be resigned to long term deal they love his ability to get jump balls

The one place you're losing me is I don't see how Kirk Cousins has ties to WNY

34 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You mean, like this thread?

This isn't Leroi, it's someone claiming to have a "reliable source". Hell, for all we know, it could be Skooby (some of you may be too young on this board to remember ole Skoobs). If there are any references to BMW's or "sources from deep within the organization" it will be a dead giveaway. I'll believe it when I see it. The organization has been REALLY tight lipped since all of the changes took place. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

This isn't Leroi, it's someone claiming to have a "reliable source". Hell, for all we know, it could be Skooby (some of you may be too young on this board to remember ole Skoobs). If there are any references to BMW's or "sources from deep within the organization" it will be a dead giveaway. I'll believe it when I see it. The organization has been REALLY tight lipped since all of the changes took place. 

Skooby I believe was banned from BBMB because of his constant threads about inside info and they were all wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Yawn, I point to Tyrod as mr54 yards now and I just lump all his garbage this year into one stink pile. Sorry man but his goose is finally cooked here IMO, I really do not care any word you say it does not matter.

Your funny with your Tyrod bets but after Tyrod stunk it up this year after you were telling everyone in the off season how great Tyrod is your the one that should have a big dump pile in your icon for making so many threads we all got stuck seeing on him everyday. I told you Tyrod would fail again and here we are in the exact same stink because of him. To set the record straight Tyrod still stinks and your love for him has not changed, so I give you some credit for going down with the ship. Few more games, I can not wait to see his name off the roster in 2018. Maybe by then you will admit Tyrod was not half as good as the million threads you started propping him up.

blah blah blah blah... talking bubbles and making statements that aren't true.

As for that bet I offered you. You're saying you are so confident Taylor will get less than 54 yards against Miami, right? Or was that just one of your random dumb statements you say because you're attention-starved?

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I would be interested in Cousins maybe for the usual QB salary of 15 mil or so.  But at what he's gonna get, no thanks .Say good bye to that salary cap room we got for a mediocre QB. No thanks.

For that money I expect a guy that can put the team on his shoulders and win.  I don't see that in Kirk.

Cousins mediocre...wow. Here are his stats since 2015 when he became a starter:

2015: 4166 yards on 69.8%, 29 TDs and 11 INTS. 8th in ANY/A at 7.14

2016: 4917 yards on 67%, 25TDs and 12 INTS. 4th in ANY/A at 7.45

2017 (not done): 3440 yards on 65.9%, 22TDs and 9 INTS. 13th in ANY/A at 6.63

He's the definition of a franchise QB. A consistent top 10 performer, only 27 years old, and IMO still improving in areas like taking bad sacks (he gets sacked a LOT but a lot of it has to do with Thompson going down who was a solid blocker and an outstanding receiver out of the backfield). His WRs are FAR worse than ours, and Kelly's always injured so the run game is dependent on Perrine who's not good and whichever cold body they throw out there at halfback. He's basically that entire offense, AND still putting up solid numbers. There's absolutely no reason IMO some team, hopefully the Bills, shouldn't make him one of the highest paid QBs in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

He's a fantastic player, and Tyrod did his best Russell Wilson performance, but it just showed the disparity between the 2 when Wilson wasn't even at his best and still putting on a performance. 

Indeed, Russell Wilson is a fantastic QB. I wish we had drafted him.

His defense in 2016 was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than ours. I suspect that probably contributed to the outcome of the game as well.

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Oh, so another game they lost... And his one game throwing for 3 TDs in his career, as well as the only time he broke 300 due to having OT lol.

I guess his 3-20 all-time record in games the Bills go down by even a single point in the 4th quarter shows how he just puts the team on his shoulders and wills them to victory right? 

It's still amusing you throw out his best game EVER, as a defense for his second best game EVER, and use that as if it proves anything about his play as a 7 year vet & 3 year starter. Josh McCown has had better games than those...Rookies new to the league have better games than those. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your hopes & dreams. Dream on...

WTF are you talking about?!?!

Taylor has thrown for 3 TDs on 6 separate occasions.

Your name really suits you. 

I said the Fish game was better, as I confirmed you were right...it was his actual best game. But that's was it. You used his BEST game to one-up his SECOND BEST game. That's it. His two best games in a nutshell. 

So over the body of work we've seen, he has 1 performance in a loss that's pretty good, and another performance in a loss that's actually good. Do you know how laughable it is to hold up 1 game of 300 yards (that took OT to achieve) and say "See, he's good!" when you have career journeymen put up those numbers multiple times over their careers? And although Brady is a HOFer, he AVERAGES 300 yards a game at 40... Let that sink in for a moment. And 3 passing TD's one time in his life? How is that impressive again? JP Losman had multiple 300 yard games and multiple 3 TD games... 

Do we hold up those as if he was somehow a decent QB? Do we say "look at his best game ever, followed by his second best game ever!" and then try to pretend that's even semi-indicative of the kind of player he was? No. So to pretend Tyrod has a history of this, or some great track record is ridiculous. 

You are right, I'm done "acknowledging the good." It's too few and far between, and outliers aren't the norm. If you want,  you can ignore his two sub-100 yard passing games this season as outliers too, but you're still left with a guy who averages 160 passing yards, and 1 TD a game. What's to acknowledge there?

First of all, here you go again with 3 passing TDs one time in his life.  Putting something like that up twice now verifying that it's actually what you believe happened and are clearly just relying on your memory proves that no one should probably ever listen to you because:

A) Your memory is terrible

and

B) You don't bother doing any research before saying stupid stuff

Secondly, stop comparing Taylor to Brady.  It's just stupid.  It makes you look dumber than you already looked by saying he only had one game passing for 3 TDs when, in fact, he's had 6.

Third of all, if this is a yards obsession, Taylor has put up 300+ yards 8 times in a Bills uniform.  Yeah, that's passing and rushing yards, but guess what, a number of those rushing yards and big plays come in the form of passing plays.  You can minimize that by saying you also have to account for sack yardage.

Well, you're right.  So really, Taylor has accounted for 300+ yards of NET offense passing + rushing - sack yardage on 6 separate occasions.

I mean, who knows, maybe you're incapable of seeing the number 6, though... you clearly couldn't see that was 6 times, not 1 time that he has passed for 3 TDs in a game   :flirt:

• Thank you (+1) 1

I said the Fish game was better, as I confirmed you were right...it was his actual best game. But that's was it. You used his BEST game to one-up his SECOND BEST game. That's it. His two best games in a nutshell. 

So over the body of work we've seen, he has 1 performance in a loss that's pretty good, and another performance in a loss that's actually good. Do you know how laughable it is to hold up 1 game of 300 yards (that took OT to achieve) and say "See, he's good!" when you have career journeymen put up those numbers multiple times over their careers? And although Brady is a HOFer, he AVERAGES 300 yards a game at 40... Let that sink in for a moment. And 3 passing TD's one time in his life? How is that impressive again? JP Losman had multiple 300 yard games and multiple 3 TD games... 

Do we hold up those as if he was somehow a decent QB? Do we say "look at his best game ever, followed by his second best game ever!" and then try to pretend that's even semi-indicative of the kind of player he was? No. So to pretend Tyrod has a history of this, or some great track record is ridiculous. 

You are right, I'm done "acknowledging the good." It's too few and far between, and outliers aren't the norm. If you want,  you can ignore his two sub-100 yard passing games this season as outliers too, but you're still left with a guy who averages 160 passing yards, and 1 TD a game. What's to acknowledge there?

Dam good post man

I laugh because the above poster having a meltdown over your post is getting all mad about you comparing Tyrod to Brady when he himself has started millions of threads since last season propping Tyrod up to the greats of the game, like Rogers, Brees, Kelly, Rivers and so on. Dont mind him he is still in denile about Tyrod, maybe next year he will move on like the rest of us.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Honestly, Cousins doesn't classify as a retread.   IMO a retread is a journeyman. 

Well, whatever Cousins happens to be, he's not the guy who's going to be an Elite QB.  He's a good QB in the right system.  People also forget that he's worked with 3 pretty fantastic offensive minds to start his career (Shanahans, McVay, Gruden) and that's what's likely been helping him a lot.

Do people seriously not understand that it's not an apples to apples transition when QBs go from one team to another?

Cousins is NOT a QB who is going to elevate himself and his teammates above a below average offensive coordinator.

Since I fear Dennison stays next year, I want McBeane to finally do whatever they can to draft a blue chip QB prospect who elevates everyone around him and doesn't require "the system" or "the OC" to elevate him the way Cousins does.  So just do everything in our power to get Rosen or Darnold or Mayfield... those are the 3 prospects based on my extremely distant college football knowledge who look like they have the potential to be generational type players.  Can we please just go get them?  And can we still get rid of Dennison in the process, please?

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

blah blah blah blah... talking bubbles and making statements that aren't true.

As for that bet I offered you. You're saying you are so confident Taylor will get less than 54 yards against Miami, right? Or was that just one of your random dumb statements you say because you're attention-starved?

Attention starved? Look in the mirror man. I just reply to threads, if I was attention starved I would be starting the threads like you do or how you like to bump your own garbage threads over and over to keep them on the top of the board, attention starved, come on man you can do better then that.

Also I never said Tyrod would get 54 yards, I called him mr54yards. I wonder if he will even get 54 yards passing if he plays this weekend.

Edited by xRUSHx

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well, whatever Cousins happens to be, he's not the guy who's going to be an Elite QB.  He's a good QB in the right system.  People also forget that he's worked with 3 pretty fantastic offensive minds to start his career (Shanahans, McVay, Gruden) and that's what's likely been helping him a lot.

A Bills fan living in the DC region, it's not hard to dislike the team, but I do like certain players.   KC imo is better than TT, bit not elite. 

Shanny #1 started RGIII and played the Taylor game thinking he was good enough then said F it  and went with Kirk.  

Shanny #2 went to SF after ATL and may still try to get him and swap Jimmy G.

Kirk also lost two 1000 yard receivers in 17 because the FO made it so. Still scratching my head over that one.  how dumb were they, unless they did it to make KC fail 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Jackson? Are you serious? That guy will be a WR in the NFL or not on a team

I've said and will continue to say this:

I DON'T WATCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

I really have no clue who the best guys are, I just want one of the 2-3 best college QBs.  The names I've heard floated as the 5 best guys are Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield (mainly those 3), Rudolph, and Jackson.  I heard about Josh Allen before the season started but from what I know he's sucked this year and would be drafted purely based on physical attributes, and that scares me.

So I was just throwing out names that I've heard.

I don't care who, but I'm assuming this draft class is NOT a repeat of the 2013 draft class, so I would like one of the top 2-3 prospects in this draft.  Ideally one of the top 2.  I'm envisioning the Colts losing and the Giants winning a game or two and the Colts ending up with the 2nd pick and us trading up for that guy... or maybe even trading for Luck.  Either one and I'm happy.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Tyrod will be lucky to get his 54 yards against Miami D that will make him be a QB.

25 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Attention starved? Look in the mirror man. I just reply to threads, if I was attention starved I would be starting the threads like you do or how you like to bump your own garbage threads over and over to keep them on the top of the board, attention starved, come on man you can do better then that.

Also I never said Tyrod would get 54 yards, I called him mr54yards. I wonder if he will even get 54 yards passing if he plays this weekend.

Oh yeah?  :lol: 

Man!  People are dumb  :doh: 

Edited by transplantbillsfan

30 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do people seriously not understand that it's not an apples to apples transition when QBs go from one team to another?

Cousins is NOT a QB who is going to elevate himself and his teammates above a below average offensive coordinator.

Since I fear Dennison stays next year, I want McBeane to finally do whatever they can to draft a blue chip QB prospect who elevates everyone around him and doesn't require "the system" or "the OC" to elevate him the way Cousins does.  So just do everything in our power to get Rosen or Darnold or Mayfield... those are the 3 prospects based on my extremely distant college football knowledge who look like they have the potential to be generational type players.  Can we please just go get them?  And can we still get rid of Dennison in the process, please?

Cousins is a huge upgrade over Taylor.   

You agree ?

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I've said and will continue to say this:

I DON'T WATCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

I really have no clue who the best guys are, I just want one of the 2-3 best college QBs.  The names I've heard floated as the 5 best guys are Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield (mainly those 3), Rudolph, and Jackson.  I heard about Josh Allen before the season started but from what I know he's sucked this year and would be drafted purely based on physical attributes, and that scares me.

So I was just throwing out names that I've heard.

I don't care who, but I'm assuming this draft class is NOT a repeat of the 2013 draft class, so I would like one of the top 2-3 prospects in this draft.  Ideally one of the top 2.  I'm envisioning the Colts losing and the Giants winning a game or two and the Colts ending up with the 2nd pick and us trading up for that guy... or maybe even trading for Luck.  Either one and I'm happy.

Oh yeah?  :lol: 

Hey good for you man, I guess I did say he would be lucky to get his 54 yards. Haha, I did not remember posting that. Oh well, Yep you got me man as you continue to bump the Tyrod thread.

What are you going to do next year, if Tyrod is not on the team what are your threads going to look like? What threads will you bump? I can not wait to move on, are you going to be alright with yourself once he is gone. Are you still going to be mad at me? 

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Cousins is a huge upgrade over Taylor.   

You agree ?

Cousins is an upgrade, not a huge one, and definitely not one worth the $20-$25 million he'll cost next year.

I'm sorry, but this assumption that Cousins would be very successful in Buffalo with this HC/OC/OL/WRs is just foolish.

35 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wrong. Cousins is borderline elite right now.