If both Peterman and Taylor are cleared to play Sunday

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Peterman not sure.

I think Tyrod was healthy enough to play yesterday so I think he will for sure be ready this week.

Tyrod could have played yesterday. His scans showed no ligament damage,  he said he was fine and practiced friday.  He could have been sidelined as the emergency QB3 if needed but McD decided to de-activate him all together.

Interesting things going down.

Edited by Real McCoy

35 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I know this is gonna sound like I am waffling......but to me it looks like Peterman is getting better by the game.

Yes....the 5 pick game was horrible.....in his next start he threw no interceptions and frankly some pretty good passes.....he used his feet to keep drives moving.....his receivers dropped balls that hit them right in the hands......

Did he make a mistake not protecting himself when he got the concussion.....absolutely....a rookie mistake that he will learn from but he DOES appear to be getting better every time he steps on the field.

He will get a little better with each game. The challenge for this organization will be improving the O-line enough to protect both Peterman and whoever we draft this april.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Tyrod could have played yesterday. His scans showed no ligament damage,  he said he was fine and practiced friday.  He could have been sidelined as the emergency QB3 if needed but McD decided to de-activate him all together.

Definitely interesting.

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Or, given the severe weather conditions, the coaches/training staff elected to avoid the strong possibility of aggravating the injury by sitting him.

If they're both healthy and Taylor starts, it's bull ****.

He was inactive because he didn't WANT to play yesterday; not because he couldn't.

Now that the Bills are in "okay" shape to make the postseason, if he suddenly "feels better," I think it's bull ****.

I cannot stand this guy.  He's EXACTLY like Flutie and I can't wait until he's gone.  What a piece of garbage.

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Medically, I'm sure he could have played, but I'm also sure his knee was still sore.  I can imagine that even though physically able, Tyrod may not have felt as free to take off and run with the ball as he normally is.  Tyrod depends on his athleticism and mobility as part of his skill set to be effective.  It might be the most important thing he has going for him.  If his knee is sore and he doesn't feel as comfortable running or rolling out, then he's going to be even less effective, which would have been deadly in the snow yesterday.   He also would have been vulnerable for more hits, which could have aggravated the original injury or caused a new one.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He was inactive because he didn't WANT to play yesterday; not because he couldn't.

Now that the Bills are in "okay" shape to make the postseason, if he suddenly "feels better," I think it's bull ****.

I cannot stand this guy.  He's EXACTLY like Flutie and I can't wait until he's gone.  What a piece of garbage.

The only bull crap is this scenario that you just completely made up in your head and believe.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

piece of garbage is a bit extreme. not a good QB that doesn't deserve to start another game in a bills uni, yes. piece of garbage, no.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

The only bull crap is this scenario that you just completely made up in your head and believe.

It's documented.  He had a bruised knee.  That's not a !@#$ing injury.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

piece of garbage is a bit extreme. not a good QB that doesn't deserve to start another game in a bills uni, yes. piece of garbage, no.

Once he pulled the bull **** race card a month ago, he solidified his garbage status.  Can't wait till he's out.  He's a dick.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I have a bruised knee from a bike accident a couple weeks ago.  I can barely walk because of swelling and pain.

Well I guess you're both pussies, then.

(just kidding.  relax)

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Have you iced and heated it?

I've bruised my knee before and was good to go after a few days.

Who knew Chuck Norris was a Bills fan?!?!

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I have a bruised knee from a bike accident a couple weeks ago.  I can barely walk because of swelling and pain.

Did you get in the way of a car?

Taylor didnt play because the coaches thought the severe weather would reaggrivate his knee issue so they deactivated him....was going to be a full out running game anyways......thats what taylor himself told me anyways while i was shovelling the snow outside the tunnel.....he really really did!  Honestly he did!  no lies!  he really did!

17 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

So they're riding with Taylor.

Welp...let's hope Tyrod can somehow lead us to the playoffs and increases his trade value.

Btw, Corner - how do you enter tweets on this forum?

xkwsqw.jpg

Just paste afterward when you want to post and hit reply.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Medically, I'm sure he could have played, but I'm also sure his knee was still sore.  I can imagine that even though physically able, Tyrod may not have felt as free to take off and run with the ball as he normally is.  Tyrod depends on his athleticism and mobility as part of his skill set to be effective.  It might be the most important thing he has going for him.  If his knee is sore and he doesn't feel as comfortable running or rolling out, then he's going to be even less effective, which would have been deadly in the snow yesterday.   He also would have been vulnerable for more hits, which could have aggravated the original injury or caused a new one.

Not disagreeing with your thought process here, it's actually very rational.

Players in the NFL play with bruised everything every week though. There is no reason to 100% de-activate him for a bruised knee he could have played on. He should have at least of suited up as an emergency QB3. Did we even have a QB3 yesterday? What if Webb went down? Something just seems off to me is all with the decision.

Edited by Real McCoy

I saw Nate throw passes yesterday that taylor can't or won't make. Hell Webb looked better than taylor has this year. If Nate can't go maybe Joe should get the call. Had enough of "two yard". You can say all you want about poor OL play or leaky defenses, but the change at QB from vet to rook made this look like a real NFL team. God forbid the phins get up by 3 next Sunday, with taylor we never catch up.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

The question is: who is better.  The answer is Peterman.  TT cannot perform basic functions of a QB.  When the other team "makes him play QB" he can't move the ball.  I'll take my chance with a guy who can hit WR's (even Webb is better than TT in this regard) and move it downfield.  

No need to get "Stank_Nasty": hopefully TT is gone after this year and Peterman is backing up a new QB.  

If he's so good why has he never had like a single good game?  In preseason or regular season.

7 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

I saw Nate throw passes yesterday that taylor can't or won't make. Hell Webb looked better than taylor has this year. If Nate can't go maybe Joe should get the call. Had enough of "two yard". You can say all you want about poor OL play or leaky defenses, but the change at QB from vet to rook made this look like a real NFL team. God forbid the phins get up by 3 next Sunday, with taylor we never catch up.

He threw 10 passes in terrible weather.  You can't use this film to determine anything.

I think we win yesterdays game EASY with TT.  

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

.....but how do you really feel about this?  :)

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He threw 10 passes in terrible weather.  You can't use this film to determine anything.

I think we win yesterdays game EASY with TT.  

That's 9 more than taylor would have attempted. And nobody was going to win that one easily. It was old time leather helmet stuff. And it still took a big time pass by Webb to put it away. Taylor doesn't have that in him.

1 minute ago, billsfan60 said:

That's 9 more than taylor would have attempted. And nobody was going to win that one easily. It was old time leather helmet stuff. And it still took a big time pass by Webb to put it away. Taylor doesn't have that in him.

It was a day to run the ball... he's an elusive runner with a low center of gravity.  He would've done well in that weather IMO.

Tyrod has made MANY more plays than both peterman and webb.  Stop kidding urself dude.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

It was a day to run the ball... he's an elusive runner with a low center of gravity.  He would've done well in that weather IMO.

Tyrod has made MANY more plays than both peterman and webb.  Stop kidding urself dude.

Elusive and 6 inches of snow don't go well together dude and he better have made a few more plays considering he's been at it a hell of a lot longer than Nate, dude. By the way dude, I'll take what I saw on the field yesterday over any more two yard completions from mr. mobile, dude. 

1 minute ago, billsfan60 said:

Elusive and 6 inches of snow don't go well together dude and he better have made a few more plays considering he's been at it a hell of a lot longer than Nate, dude. By the way dude, I'll take what I saw on the field yesterday over any more two yard completions from mr. mobile, dude. 

McCoy is elusive, and he seemed pretty good out there.  

Just now, dneveu said:

McCoy is elusive, and he seemed pretty good out there.  

You're right, so did Gore, everybody else not so much. But Shady and Gore are not normal, average backs. I wouldn't want to depend on any runner, taylor included, to have to change direction more than once in that mess in order to gain significant yards.

2 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

You're right, so did Gore, everybody else not so much. But Shady and Gore are not normal, average backs. I wouldn't want to depend on any runner, taylor included, to have to change direction more than once in that mess in order to gain significant yards.

Either way, Peterman has made a couple of plays in his time with Buffalo.  He also lost his mind and became a turnover machine.  I don't want a turnover machine playing QB.

He was given a shot, and played his way out of the lineup.  He'll likely get another one this year or next.