If both Peterman and Taylor are cleared to play Sunday

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

lol keep preaching that hate.....do you and gug tailgate together?

Preaching hate?

Haha, the tailgate sounds fun.

I want better for my team not our starting QB playing like he did against the Jests, NO.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He played pretty well against Seattle in prime time last year.  

As for this year - I thought he played really well against Denver, Oakland, Tampa and the week 1 game against the Jets.  Considering his preseason and how much time he missed i was surprised he looked competent against the jets.

Rationale comments won’t be considered valid. You have to say he ducks and has always sucked and all he does is 3 and outs. I never understood rooting against one of out players. If you think the back up is better get mad at the coach but don’t root against the player. 

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Who starts? Yesterday was almost impossible to evaluate, but I would say Peterman made some decent throws. Must win game, last home game of the year. Tyrod has seen a lot more from NFL defenses and probably won’t kill us with mistakes. Tough call

I could be wrong, but I think the team will deliberately fix things so that both players are NOT cleared to play in the same week.

They can manage the situation and sneak out "their guy" by keeping the other guy NOT cleared to play.

I predict Peterman is cleared, and he plays; Webb is the backup. 

Tyrod is not cleared to play with "lingering issues with his knee."

1 minute ago, unclepete said:

He had many good games. Just that would be the one that defined his career. Kinda like the Seattle game. It was a prime time game and he shows up. 

But this year hes had 3 of his worst career games. He ain’t all bad but he definitely ain’t all good. We’re drafting our QB. Not sure why so much hate geared toward Peterman and Tyrod. They’re just placeholders for now. 

Good post man. Sadly the Tyrod faithful like to point to him as the proven better option but this year that is not so true IMO

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why is it TT can't change a play at the LOS?   please explain.  7 seasons and still handcuffed 

Hilarious !!!! The only way you can blame Taylor is by saying he should have junked the coach's called play ?!?

It's time for me to offer you soothing words : TT-Obsessive-Disorder is surely treatable. Please don't give up hope. There's probably medication which can help you.

Edited by grb

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Why am i developing him in a playoff race?  He's legit done nothing to earn a spot.  He got extended preseason time and did nothing with it.  He got a start and pissed it away, and since then hasn't done anything. 

And 3 and out cant win without a shutdown def performance.....Do you REALLY think 3 and out will get the Bills to the playoffs??? are you talking about playoffs????PLAYOFFS?????

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He played pretty well against Seattle in prime time last year.  

As for this year - I thought he played really well against Denver, Oakland, Tampa and the week 1 game against the Jets.  Considering his preseason and how much time he missed i was surprised he looked competent against the jets.

This year I do not think he played well at all, the team won in spite of him not because of. He played like a backup, well enough to win with STs and D leading the way IMO.

4 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

If McD stays true to his word, it's Tyrod. Peterman didn't do enough to take the job back if both are healthy.

Yes but note how he can avoid the "tough situation" by keeping the player he doesn't want to play uncleared. 

I have ZERO doubt in my mind that this team does not like Tyrod, they are ready to move on from Tyrod, and that McD personally feels that the 5 INT game is a crazy aberration and that Peterman remains "his guy" b/c Tyrod's game is so limited and he continually does not do what this staff is asking him to do.

I.E., you must assume McD and staff are itching to get Peterman out there any way they can, from here on out.

You avoid all sorts of trouble by declaring Tyrod "not ready yet" and so the decision is simpler, between Webb and Peterman only.

Peterman no doubt got his bell rung but will be fine to play next week; he probably would have gone back into the game yesterday 25 years ago! 

8 minutes ago, unclepete said:

He had many good games. Just that would be the one that defined his career. Kinda like the Seattle game. It was a prime time game and he shows up. 

But this year hes had 3 of his worst career games. He ain’t all bad but he definitely ain’t all good. We’re drafting our QB. Not sure why so much hate geared toward Peterman and Tyrod. They’re just placeholders for now. 

The NO game defined his present career

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

Playoffs on the line vs MIA? Im starting Tyrod easy. He always balls out vs the phins. Hope the defense does their job this time

Hopefully Tyrods 54 yards is enough,

Go Bills

Interesting to see the number of people that are so high on Tyrod Taylor who don't want to give Peterman any room for mistakes.... and with the craziest bit of evidence... they say Peterman is no good because look, he started 2 games and threw 5 picks in his 1st start, and was 5 of 10 for 57 yards and only 1 TD.  These points alone don't mean anything, they must be put in context, and I don't mean make excuses for, I mean what actually happened in the games, on each play.  And if what has happened is just natural rookie growing pains, there is no reason to get down on the POSSIBILITY that Peterman may turn in to something good.  Its not saying he WILL be good, its just admitting that what has happened so far is to be expected of a rookie QB and does not disqualify him from ever turning into something great.

1st Start:  2 Interceptions were all Peterman's fault, the other 3 were a combination of the chargers great defense, our piss-poor o-line, terrible receiver play, and horrible offensive playcalling.  And a 2 interception game as a 1st start (1 half of play) for a rookie QB is definitely not good, but certainly doesn't mean he is terrible.  I would argue that it is to be expected from a rookie QB as he grows and matures to adapt to the speed and complexity of NFL Defenses.  But it takes game reps for that to happen, its hard to adjust to the speed if you aren't getting reps and experiencing how fast things happen.

2nd Start:  Again, taking the stats without taking into consideration the context and the specifics of the game.  It was a blizzard, terrible conditions to try and throw the ball in... even worse to try and catch in.  Several dropped passes that bounced off of receivers hands, and a couple passes that arguably could have been placed better by Peterman, but once again IT WAS A BLIZZARD.  He had several very good passes to Benjamin with great placement and timing.  And then a rookie mistake, we saw it with EJ Manuel, and we saw it again with Peterman when he didn't slide and took the big hit.

Also, people point to the fact that we shouldn't give Peterman much of a chance because he is a 5th round pick..... and they are the same people wanting to give Tyrod Taylor chance after chance, of whom is a 6th round pick.  Now, I was a Tyrod supporter for his first season and a half... through the good and bad that he gave us... but have come of the opinion that he is not able to read defenses and although he is an exciting QB to watch when he is running around, he will not be someone you can count on every game... only QBs that can see over the line and read the defense can have sustained success IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

That's like saying the LA game defined NPs career.  

Throw in his Jests game for icing.  Remember Tyrod is not on his rookie season as well he is a 7 year vet. Also Lynn is our old coach he knows this team very well so IMO Tyrod would have done just as horrible on that away game.

Edited by xRUSHx

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

That's like saying the LA game defined NPs career.  

you cant define someone, especially a rookie,  after one game.  3 and out has been around for 7 years and has started for 3 of those.  The NO game is a perfect example of what happens with 3 and out when you take the running game away and "Force the QB to be a QB"

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I didn't say he runs like shady, I'm saying in a garbage game like that the best athletes will win.  He's faster than Peterman, he throws better on the run than NP and Webb, and he's generally hard to tackle in the open field.  

Tyrods athletic ability can not ever overcome his mental deficiencies in any type of weather. In fact, the more meaningful the game the worse he plays, especially this year. He gets more timid, seemingly scared to make a play with his arm. I don't think this can ever be fixed. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Throw in his Jests game for icing.  Remember Tyrod is not on his rookie season as well he is a 7 year vet.

Taylor played well in both Jets games. Please explain exactly how you've convinced yourself otherwise. That would be interesting to hear.

Not being a fan of Taylor doesn't have to make you stupid, ya know?

22 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hopefully Tyrods 54 yards is enough,

Go Bills

Got banned comeback and youre still a doosh. Niel Pert would be ashamed.

Hopefully NP starts so he can complete more passes to the phins than the bills while posting a hall of fame 55% completion rating.

7 minutes ago, grb said:

Taylor played well in both Jets games. Please explain exactly how you've convinced yourself otherwise. That would be interesting to hear.

Not being a fan of Taylor doesn't have to make you stupid, ya know?

Dont bother. This dude must have found tyrod in his girls bed the way he goes on wit his agenda.

16 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If McD is truly serious about TT being the starter if healthy he's either way in over his head or playing a serious game of 4-D chess.

McDermott is in a pickle Savior.

He has a below average starter and a raw-boned rookie (that wasn't a high draft pick) to chose from.

I think we should be doing cartwheels that the Bills are in this position with the worst QB situation possible.

I actually think that Peterman can be a good NFL QB, despite his million-interception debut game, but experience will win out here.

Their thinking is that Taylor might actually play well against an awful Dolphins team.

Regardless, it might be a dog fight for the Bills against Miami in both games cause of the weak QB situation.

32 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Playoffs on the line vs MIA? Im starting Tyrod easy. He always balls out vs the phins. Hope the defense does their job this time

He had one good game against them and we still got smoked.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

31 points and 600 yards of offense just weren't enough that day.  

What about the other fins game where kiko and the bottom dwelling Mia D broke Tentative off ? 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills were 0-2 when Taylor started last season and 2-0 with him at the helm in 2015.  Your TSW moniker says all that need known about your ability to judge QB play. B-)  Long Live Peter Pan. 

Dont cry bub.    Not my fault you bought in. 

All you Cot’ers keep reminiscing over the day Tyrod almost beat the sorry Fins ????

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

Just now, Gugny said:

Hes had 4 good games against them gug, with the 2nd game last year being his best. We know were getting a new QB in the draft regardless of draft pos. I want to get in the WC and break the curse or the effect it has on players AND fans psyche. I believe in Tyrod a lot more than NP regardless of TTs obvious limitations.

Just now, FearLess Price said:

Hes had 4 good games against them gug, with the 2nd game last year being his best. We know were getting a new QB in the draft regardless of draft pos. I want to get in the WC and break the curse or the effect it has on players AND fans psyche. I believe in Tyrod a lot more than NP regardless of TTs obvious limitations.

I will respectfully disagree.  I'd seriously rather see Tebow than Taylor at this point.  He's that !@#$ing bad.

• Like (+1) 1

The first was “good” ?         Mia D locked him up and Tannenill buried him 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Who knew Chuck Norris was a Bills fan?!?!

Did you get in the way of a car?

No actually I was loading it in truck and it stalled as I crested top of ramp. Had no footing. I fell to ground and the bike followed me bouncing off me and then away. Pretty embarrassed about it actually. Was probably YouTube worthy. 

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

What about the other fins game where kiko and the bottom dwelling Mia D broke Tentative off ? 

Dont cry bub.    Not my fault you bought in. 

All you Cot’ers keep reminiscing over the day Tyrod almost beat the sorry Fins ????

Tyrods gone this season. We at the CoT gotta enjoy those awesome sandlot highlight plays while they last.

Just now, Gugny said:

I will respectfully disagree.  I'd seriously rather see Tebow than Taylor at this point.  He's that !@#$ing bad.

Lol he is not dude, you have hated him since he beat put EJ for the job. We all know it.

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

The first was “good” ?         Mia D locked him up and Tannenill buried him 

The 1st two in 2015 we scorched them, how do u not remember that bro

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrods gone this season. We at the CoT gotta enjoy those awesome sandlot highlight plays while they last.

Lol he is not dude, you have hated him since he beat put EJ for the job. We all know it.

A) He never had to beat anyone for the job and everyone knows that.

B) I conceded that Taylor > Manuel

C) I never hated Tyrod until he whipped out the race card.  Before that, I just thought he sucked.  And yes ... I thought he sucked from day one and it had nothing to do with EJ.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No actually I was loading it in truck and it stalled as I crested top of ramp. Had no footing. I fell to ground and the bike followed me bouncing off me and then away. Pretty embarrassed about it actually. Was probably YouTube worthy. 

Oh!  I thought you meant bicycle.  Damn!

Just now, Gugny said:

C) I never hated Tyrod until he whipped out the race card.  Before that, I just thought he sucked.  And yes ... I thought he sucked from day one and it had nothing to do with EJ.

Im not gonna touch that one with a 10 ft pole breh.

He is an average starter between 15th and 25th depending which tyrod shows up. SEA tyrod vs NO tyrod.

Bottom line is, we get a new rookie QB to lead this team into the post brady era and hopefully we get a better oc to develop him so he doesnt get EJ'd

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh!  I thought you meant bicycle.  Damn!

Nope 2016 Ninja Zx10R =(  Total loss

12 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Interesting to see the number of people that are so high on Tyrod Taylor who don't want to give Peterman any room for mistakes.... and with the craziest bit of evidence... they say Peterman is no good because look, he started 2 games and threw 5 picks in his 1st start, and was 5 of 10 for 57 yards and only 1 TD.  These points alone don't mean anything, they must be put in context, and I don't mean make excuses for, I mean what actually happened in the games, on each play.  And if what has happened is just natural rookie growing pains, there is no reason to get down on the POSSIBILITY that Peterman may turn in to something good.  Its not saying he WILL be good, its just admitting that what has happened so far is to be expected of a rookie QB and does not disqualify him from ever turning into something great.

1st Start:  2 Interceptions were all Peterman's fault, the other 3 were a combination of the chargers great defense, our piss-poor o-line, terrible receiver play, and horrible offensive playcalling.  And a 2 interception game as a 1st start (1 half of play) for a rookie QB is definitely not good, but certainly doesn't mean he is terrible.  I would argue that it is to be expected from a rookie QB as he grows and matures to adapt to the speed and complexity of NFL Defenses.  But it takes game reps for that to happen, its hard to adjust to the speed if you aren't getting reps and experiencing how fast things happen.

2nd Start:  Again, taking the stats without taking into consideration the context and the specifics of the game.  It was a blizzard, terrible conditions to try and throw the ball in... even worse to try and catch in.  Several dropped passes that bounced off of receivers hands, and a couple passes that arguably could have been placed better by Peterman, but once again IT WAS A BLIZZARD.  He had several very good passes to Benjamin with great placement and timing.  And then a rookie mistake, we saw it with EJ Manuel, and we saw it again with Peterman when he didn't slide and took the big hit.

Also, people point to the fact that we shouldn't give Peterman much of a chance because he is a 5th round pick..... and they are the same people wanting to give Tyrod Taylor chance after chance, of whom is a 6th round pick.  Now, I was a Tyrod supporter for his first season and a half... through the good and bad that he gave us... but have come of the opinion that he is not able to read defenses and although he is an exciting QB to watch when he is running around, he will not be someone you can count on every game... only QBs that can see over the line and read the defense can have sustained success IMO. 

Four points :

(1) Taylor's supporters have been hammered all year for (allegedly) making excuses for TT's play and over-selling his performance. Now we see the COP (Cult of Peterman) excusing and over-selling a dozen times beyond anything we ever did - and to a degree just plain wacko. That's a bit much to take, though it's a shame if the reaction comes out as abuse on NP's head. Because it is possible Peterman may turn into something good. Also : If Taylor finds himself on a half-way functional team with reasonable talent, you'll probably be surprised how good he turns out.

(2) All interceptions were Peterman's fault except the first. The piss-poor o-line, terrible receiver play, and horrible offensive play-calling have been a constant all year without multi-interceptions resulting. Whether in the pros, college, or high school, quarterbacks don't get to write off interceptions because of a fierce rush. He throws it; he owns it. 

(3) The NP Mythos jumps from debut aberration to white-out blizzard, skipping entirely over New England. Perhaps because there wasn't much of Peterman's superior qualities to be seen in that game either?

(4) Lots of good wreck diving off the coast near Wilmington, going out of Morehead or Beaufort.....  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Bummer, man.  Sorry.  Lucky it was just a bruised knee for you.

Well leg too, but yes damn lucky.  No real damage.  I also learned that full coverage on a motorcycle doesn't mean full coverage.  Under no fault medical is not covered.

Peterman is a 5th round rookie drafted 171 overall.  The QBs drafted over the last 15 years closest to his draft position were:

Jonathon Crompton, Rusty Smith, Nate Davis, Tom Brandstater, Mike Teel, Troy Smith, Omar Jacobs, & Craig Nall. 

I don't know what so many people saw in Preseason, his 5 int game vs Chargers, or his 57 yds against the Colts that has anybody convinced he's any better of a prospect than anyone listed above.  I'm not saying he can't be, but I've seen nothing to suggest he is...  

Tyrod made it to the Pro Bowl in each of his last two years as a Bill (as an alternate)  He may not be a top tier QB, and he may not be having a great year, but he's EASILY the best QB on the roster today.  It's honestly not even close.  I see a few people who keep complaining about Tyrod's worst game as a pro against NO as if Tyrod's worst game is what we'll see from him every week.  But even Tyrod's god awful stat line against New Orleans would just about be the best game of Peterman's career so far...  

I'm not saying Tyrod is the answer at QB for Buffalo (he's not)  and not saying Peterman can't go on to become an NFL QB (too early to say)  but with the Playoffs on the line I don't understand why anyone would want Peterman starting over TT.  The fact that McD started Peterman against SD is a HUGE red flag IMO that his skill set does not translate well to head coach.  While I would never wish injury on anyone and I hope Peterman gets better soon, I hope he takes just long enough in concussion protocol where McD doesn't get a chance to make the same mistake this week.  

Next time the Bills lose, then see what Peterman has the rest of the year.  If you want to cut TT this offseason and give Peterman all of next season as a starter while we likely tank for a top 3 pick, fine.  Just let TT start next week! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Adam727 said:

Peterman is a 5th round rookie drafted 171 overall.  The QBs drafted over the last 15 years closest to his draft position were:

Jonathon Crompton, Rusty Smith, Nate Davis, Tom Brandstater, Mike Teel, Troy Smith, Omar Jacobs, & Craig Nall. 

I don't know what so many people saw in Preseason, his 5 int game vs Chargers, or his 57 yds against the Colts that has anybody convinced he's any better of a prospect than anyone listed above.  I'm not saying he can't be, but I've seen nothing to suggest he is...  

Tyrod made it to the Pro Bowl in each of his last two years as a Bill (as an alternate)  He may not be a top tier QB, and he may not be having a great year, but he's EASILY the best QB on the roster today.  It's honestly not even close.  I see a few people who keep complaining about Tyrod's worst game as a pro against NO as if Tyrod's worst game is what we'll see from him every week.  But even Tyrod's god awful stat line against New Orleans would just about be the best game of Peterman's career so far...  

I'm not saying Tyrod is the answer at QB for Buffalo (he's not)  and not saying Peterman can't go on to become an NFL QB (too early to say)  but with the Playoffs on the line I don't understand why anyone would want Peterman starting over TT.  The fact that McD started Peterman against SD is a HUGE red flag IMO that his skill set does not translate well to head coach.  While I would never wish injury on anyone and I hope Peterman gets better soon, I hope he takes just long enough in concussion protocol where McD doesn't get a chance to make the same mistake this week.  

Next time the Bills lose, then see what Peterman has the rest of the year.  If you want to cut TT this offseason and give Peterman all of next season as a starter while we likely tank for a top 3 pick, fine.  Just let TT start next week! 

OMG, please stop using the probowl like its something he earned, he was always an alternate.  

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think Coach McDermott knows how many guys are needed on the field on defense.  We also a much better kicker.  I think we'll be good. 

Besides, Coach McDermott says if he's healthy he plays.  Deal with it.

Can't we put off next season and playing for future for 3 more weeks?  Let's play for now and the playoffs for once.  When you got a chance you gotta go for it.  Who knows what next year brings.  Raiders were penciled in for SB a few months back.  Look at them now.  Can't even bea tthe Cheaps (or us).

3 weeks from today we can get back in future mode if we're not preparing for a playoff game

Edited by reddogblitz

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

OMG, please stop using the probowl like its something he earned, he was always an alternate.  

I said as an alternate...    Do you think Peterman is playing well enough to go to the Probowl as an alternate this year?  I don't..

38 minutes ago, njbuff said:

McDermott is in a pickle Savior.

He has a below average starter and a raw-boned rookie (that wasn't a high draft pick) to chose from.

I think we should be doing cartwheels that the Bills are in this position with the worst QB situation possible.

I actually think that Peterman can be a good NFL QB, despite his million-interception debut game, but experience will win out here.

Their thinking is that Taylor might actually play well against an awful Dolphins team.

Regardless, it might be a dog fight for the Bills against Miami in both games cause of the weak QB situation.

To be honest I'm not sure we can beat the Dolphins no matter who is starting at QB.

Despite losing a few weeks ago in NE, thier defense roughed up Brady good and created a lot of problems. If they do the same tonight at home and upset the Pats in the process it's not going to be a good omen for the Bills.

Regardless the Bills have continued to struggle big time against division teams this year and sweeping the Dolphins is asking way too much considering the downward spiral this team has been in since the 5-2 start.