If both Peterman and Taylor are cleared to play Sunday

1 minute ago, billsfan60 said:

You're right, so did Gore, everybody else not so much. But Shady and Gore are not normal, average backs. I wouldn't want to depend on any runner, taylor included, to have to change direction more than once in that mess in order to gain significant yards.

I would also say TT might be good to go if they were at Lucas Oil Stadium. But in those conditions, even if his knee was 95%, there is a good chance he trashes it for the rest of the season. 

An Aside: I hear a lot of guys talk about playing sub maximal, which happens in the NFL a lot, and that is fine too. But the difference between 95% and 100% is the difference between an elite athlete and JAG basically. Take the mens 1500m at the Olympics. The difference between winning the heat and not advancing is 0.67% difference in performance. 5% is the difference between a gold medalist, and some dude from some irrelevant nation/Olympic region. Margins in elite athletics are razor thin. 

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Either way, Peterman has made a couple of plays in his time with Buffalo.  He also lost his mind and became a turnover machine.  I don't want a turnover machine playing QB.

He was given a shot, and played his way out of the lineup.  He'll likely get another one this year or next.

sure fire way for defensive ends to pad sack stats, inability to audible, the list goes on.

Two of Peterman's picks were on him, the rest not so much especially considering our OL wasn't doing him any favors against a monster DL. Taylor never would have thrown those picks, he doesn't throw the ball, but I guaran dam tee you he would have been sacked half a dozen times. 

image.thumb.png.478719a2ca7acb0e0d842e774b77ee98.png

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills coach Sean McDermott said Monday it is "too early to tell" about Kelvin Benjamin's right knee, which he aggravated twice in Sunday's win over the Colts. McDermott said Benjamin continues to be evaluated.

Bills coach Sean McDermott said Monday that Tyrod Taylor (knee) remains day-to-day approaching next Sunday's game against the Dolphins. McDermott also said Nathan Peterman remains in the concussion protocol. If both are healthy, McDermott said Taylor will be the starter.

2 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

sure fire way for defensive ends to pad sack stats, inability to audible, the list goes on.

Two of Peterman's picks were on him, the rest not so much especially considering our OL wasn't doing him any favors against a monster DL. Taylor never would have thrown those picks, he doesn't throw the ball, but I guaran dam tee you he would have been sacked half a dozen times. 

do you prefer interceptions or sacks?

7 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Didn’t the fins go 2 and 0 vs Tentative last year.  

Gimme Petey

The Bills were 0-2 when Taylor started last season and 2-0 with him at the helm in 2015.  Your TSW moniker says all that need known about your ability to judge QB play. B-)  Long Live Peter Pan. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Nate Peterman did nothing to lose his starting spot.

If he's healthy, he should start.

Actually the one mistake he made (the bone headed head first slide) directly led to him losing his starting spot. He took a hell of a hit which I still cant figure out why wasn't a penalty. Helmet to helmet hits on purpose I thought were always called. He did a lot of decent things on the field, great pass for the TD. I wouldn't play him only because that looked like a big hit and he had his bell rung. I think he maybe still feeling the effects even next weekend. 

15 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

I don't get the love for the guy.  He has legit done nothing.  He sucked in preseason, and has sucked every chance he got here except for a 10 play stretch of garbage time.  He threw 5 picks in a HALF.  IN A HALF

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I don't get the love for the guy.  He has legit done nothing.  He sucked in preseason, and has sucked every chance he got here except for a 10 play stretch of garbage time.  He threw 5 picks in a HALF.  IN A HALF

until we get a franchise guy the backup will always be the most popular guy..... whats hilarious to me is people trying to downplay the int's and compare tyrods sacks to them. 

that being said, I thought Peterman played solid ball in those conditions the other day..... but i'm dreading the thought of him playing in nice weather with a green light to throw the football again.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

until we get a franchise guy the backup will always be the most popular guy..... and I absolutely love people trying to downplay an int and compare tyrods sacks to them. 

that being said, I thought Peterman played solid ball in those conditions the other day..... i'm dreading the thought of him playing in nice weather and a green light to throw the football again.

Yeah - have to say the guy we need isn't currently on the roster.

until we get a franchise guy the backup will always be the most popular guy..... and I absolutely love people trying to downplay an int and compare tyrods sacks to them. 

that being said, I thought Peterman played solid ball in those conditions the other day..... i'm dreading the thought of him playing in nice weather and a green light to throw the football again.

Peterman makes me hold my breath every time he throws the ball.

Taylor makes me roll my eyes with his very conservative play.

I would like a QB that makes me smile.  I like smiling....do you Stank?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dneveu said:

Yeah - have to say the guy we need isn't currently on the roster.

this is why I chuckle at the people saying we need to evaluate Peterman. neither guy will be starting next year. this whole play for the future mantra is just coming from people that would say anything to not see taylor play again. 

if either is starting for the bills next year we will be in trouble.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Peterman makes me hold my breath every time he throws the ball.

Taylor makes me roll my eyes with his very conservative play.

I would like a QB that makes me smile.  I like smiling....do you Stank?

100%. but for now i'll take the one that limits mistakes and at least keeps the ball long enough for our runner to do some damage. people wanna talk about how we wouldn't have won the SD game with either qb. well the one freaking drive where SD wasn't getting ints plops into their laps we actually drove right down and scored a td. so ya, those INT's were huge. I know damn sure one of our qb's wouldn't have been gifting the other team short fields....... the defense has come around a bit. so i'll take the guy I know isn't gonna give the game away and has the ability, when he's actually on point, to play smart efficient ball with the occasional huge play. 

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I'd like an offensive coordinator who has a bit of creativity too

also agree 100%. dennison is a large part of the problem.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

29 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

There's a weird amount of unreality to a lot of this discussion. A couple of points :

(1) All of Peterman's interceptions were on him except the one which bounced off the receivers hands. At no level of football are interceptions not the quarterback's fault because of a pass rush, or being hit by a rusher. Likewise, the strip fumble off Taylor in the Chargers game was all on TT. As for what Taylor would have done against that rush, you saw the answer in the Thursday nite game against the Jets. Taylor took some sacks, made some plays, and had a pretty good game - despite being repeatedly hammered. He did not throw five interceptions. He did not throw up half-dead prayerful ducks. 

(2) This business about Peterman superiority as a passer is pretty hilarious. We saw them both play against San Diego, and Taylor played better. Se saw them both play against New England, and it was pretty much a wash. You can make a case for New Orleans, but garbage time doesn't get any more garbagy than that. When will this superiority ever be more than wishful dreaming?

Last week versus New England   :  Tyrod was 9 of 18 for 65 yards 0 TD and 1 INT

Last week versus New England   :    Nate was 6 of 15 for 50 yards 0 TD and 0 INT

Edited by grb

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

100%. but for now i'll take the one that limits mistakes and at least keeps the ball long enough for our runner to do some damage. the defense has come around a bit. so i'll take the guy I know isn't gonna give the game away and has the ability, when he's on, to play smart efficient ball with the occasional huge play. 

I don't have confidence in either.  Taylor because when he's bad, he's really bad and our offense doesn't do anything.  Nate because too reckless with the football.

How bad is it that I miss Kyle Orton?

2 minutes ago, grb said:

There's a weird amount of unreality to a lot of this discussion. A couple of points :

(1) All of Peterman's interceptions were on him except the one which bounced off the receivers hands. At no level of football are interceptions not the quarterback's fault because of a pass rush, or being hit by a rusher. Likewise, the strip fumble off Taylor in the Chargers game was all on TT. As for what Taylor would have done against that rush, you saw the answer in the Thursday nite game against the Jets. Taylor took some sacks, made some plays, and had a pretty good game - despite being repeatedly hammered. He did not throw six interceptions. He did not throw up half-dead prayerful ducks. 

(2) This business about Peterman superiority as a passer is pretty hilarious. We saw them both play against San Diego, and Taylor played better. Se saw them both play against New England, and it was pretty much a wash. You can make a case for New Orleans, but garbage time doesn't get any more garbagy than that. When will this superiority ever be more than wishful dreaming?

Last week versus New England   :  Tyrod was 9 of 18 for 65 yards 0 TD and 1 INT

Last week versus New England   :    Nate was 6 of 15 for 50 yards 0 TD and 0 INT

I actually feel like the one off his receivers hands was NPs fault.  At least partially. 

Watching it at full speed he threw that thing way too hard.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't have confidence in either.  Taylor because when he's bad, he's really bad and our offense doesn't do anything.  Nate because too reckless with the football.

How bad is it that I miss Kyle Orton?

eh. I've been over taylor since last year. I wanted Watson or mahomes at #10. but I understand that right now I think he probably gives us a slightly better chance than the rookie. 

as for orton? he wouldn't have faired any better in the win/loss column. he had a top 5 behind him that bailed out hacketts vaunted "run, run, pass" offense. in fact I would argue either of taylors years in 15 or 16 paired with that defense would have been an 11 or 12 win team. but its dumb to even bother thinking of that crap.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Bills Pimpin' said:

He just compared Tyrod Taylor to Lesean McCoy. That's funny stuff.

No... I didn't say that at all.  I said he's got quick feet and a low center of gravity.  Which he does.

I was then told that being quick and elusive doesn't mean anything in the snow.  So I mentioned that ya know... McCoy moved pretty well in the snow as a quick/elusive player.

Just now, dneveu said:

No... I didn't say that at all.  I said he's got quick feet and a low center of gravity.  Which he does.

I was then told that being quick and elusive doesn't mean anything in the snow.  So I mentioned that ya know... McCoy moved pretty well in the snow as a quick/elusive player.

you're fine... I got what you were saying...... there are serious comprehension issues around here. people are very sensitive about pointing out the few positives in taylors game. makes them feel dirty.

3 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO Tyrod does not help the chances in fact it limits it since Timid Tyrod does not throw. Best chance to win is to have a QB who throws. Talk about head banging wall, Tyrod does not make this offense better.

Don't do that - NP is already concussed!!! :wallbash: :lol:

Image result for gif redskins concussion wall

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you're fine... I got what you were saying...... there are serious comprehension issues around here. people are very sensitive about pointing out the few positives in taylors game. makes them feel dirty.

Yeah - like admitting the guy has had some good games in the past, and made some really good plays.  

I don't love Taylor, but I really don't think Peterman is the answer.  Maybe he becomes something someday, but right now I think we need to invest in a solid QB and a rookie in 2018.

Edited by dneveu

Just now, dneveu said:

Yeah - like admitting the guy has had some good games in the past, and made some really good plays.  

no. if you support him then you support nothing but 60 yd passing days and sacks and that's all he'll ever give you. DUH.... I've seen 2 people claim webb was better today. MY GOD MAN.

like I said. I've been ready to move on since last offseason but some of what the people say around here is absurd.

no. if you support him then you support nothing but 60 yd passing days and sacks and that's all he'll ever give you. DUH.... I've seen 2 people claim webb was better today. MY GOD MAN.

like I said. I've been ready to move on since last offseason but some of what the people say around here is absurd.

IMO people would rather watch a box of corn flakes play then Tyrod now.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

are you saying you blame taylor for the 2nd loss to them last year? becuz that would say a lot about anyone if they were actually saying that.

When Taylor passes for under 100 yards he normally loses

When Taylor passes for over 250 yards he normally loses

I'm stumped...  care to explain.  

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO people would rather watch a box of corn flakes play then Tyrod now.

I've been fully aware of your opinion for awhile..... while you're entitled to it. its awful. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

so you are saying we lost that game becuz of his play?  it wasnt the defense?

becuz if that's what you are saying then.... just wow.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I actually feel like the one off his receivers hands was NPs fault.  At least partially. 

Watching it at full speed he threw that thing way too hard.

but people say Nate has a noodle arm and he floats his passes.   :D  B-)

If Taylor starts the season is definitely over. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I've been fully aware of your opinion for awhile..... while you're entitled to it. its awful. 

so you are saying we lost that game becuz of his play?  it was the defense?

Yours claiming Tyrod is the better option is awful. No QB on this team will get us to the playoffs man, deal with it so it doesnt matter who plays. But next season Tyrod should be gone so now is the time to evaluate Peterman and give the guy experence.

To say  Tyrod did well enough in a game we lost proves your ok with him padding stats and not pushing for the win just pad those stats so it looks like everyone else's fault for the loss.

Edited by xRUSHx

Regardless of who plays QB, I would love to see another 30 carry day from Shady. I know people think he can’t handle that..if I’m calling the plays I am going to use Shady until there is nothing left. 3 games left, go into the OJ offense. Ride the only blue chip player you have and hope it’s enough to get you the Wildcard.

1 hour ago, billsfan60 said:

I saw Nate throw passes yesterday that taylor can't or won't make. Hell Webb looked better than taylor has this year. If Nate can't go maybe Joe should get the call. Had enough of "two yard". You can say all you want about poor OL play or leaky defenses, but the change at QB from vet to rook made this look like a real NFL team. God forbid the phins get up by 3 next Sunday, with taylor we never catch up.

"God forbid the phins get up by 3 next Sunday, with taylor we never catch up"

And yet the last time the Bills played the Dolphins they fell behind Miami by fourteen points, and Taylor led them back. Then they fell behind by fourteen points again, and Taylor led them back. Then they fell behind by fourteen points a third time, and Taylor led them back, taking the lead with less than a ninety seconds left on a fourth-down touchdown pass. So maybe God doesn't forbid it at all, ya know? Of course that was with a different OC, and two real receivers playing - Watkins and Woods. Over the previous two seasons Taylor averaged over 8yds an attempt the 15 games he had them to throw to. 

"the change at QB from vet to rook made this look like a real NFL team"

Really? I must have missed that against New England, when Peterman was 6 of 15 for 50 yards

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so you are saying we lost that game becuz of his play?  it wasnt the defense?

once again 

I am sick and tired of Tyrod Taylor.  He is not the answer.  That is my opinion of him just as it is the position of many others. 

to my previous post -  why can't you simply answer the question. I'll even expound to make it simpler for you. 

When the D has sucked for nearly 2 1/2  seasons   -- please explain why his best is never good enough? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan