If both Peterman and Taylor are cleared to play Sunday

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I take the weather into account.  But I am more talking about like this game locked him in as a Starter it doesn't.  If Tyrod (and I despise TT playing and vowed not to watch another game with him starting) is healthy he starts

right. I don't think it did anything that should sway the coaches in one way or the other. if they viewed tyrod as the starter beforehand they still should now.

I personally don't care who starts as long as they can stumble into wins becuz neither will be the future for the team going into next year anyway..... this whole "start Peterman for the future" movement is comical to me. I pray, even if he plays on par with tyrod, that they don't view him as the future.

I think mostly that's just people that hate taylor so bad they wanna find more excuses to see Peterman. 

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

If McD stays true to his word, it's Tyrod. Peterman didn't do enough to take the job back if both are healthy.

Peterman def. did.  He had 50 some passing yards in a blizzard.  TT had 65 against the Saints on a perfect weather day.  TT is DONE.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. I don't think it did anything that should sway the coaches in one way or the other. if they viewed tyrod as the starter beforehand they still should now.

I personally don't care who starts as long as they can stumble into wins becuz neither will be the future for the team going into next year anyway..... this whole "start Peterman for the future" movement is comical to me. I pray, even if he plays on par with tyrod, that they don't view him as the future.

I think mostly that's just people that hate taylor so bad they wanna find more excuses to see Peterman. 

Peterman throws the ball much better than TT.  He can move it downfield, and hit WR's.  Something TT cannot do.  That backups the D and opens up Shady.  

Just now, dneveu said:

Peterman threw 5 picks in LA, and now has a concussion and will likely miss practices all week.  

the title of the thread is "if both are health," so the concussion argument is out.  Yes, he threw 5 picks against a top 3 defense on the road.  Big Ben threw 5 picks in a game this year.  Not saying that Peterman is Big Ben, but the argument that 5 picks is inconsistent with being able to play QB well is incorrect.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Peterman throws the ball much better than TT.  He can move it downfield, and hit WR's.  Something TT cannot do.  That backups the D and opens up Shady.  

right. this is what I heard before the chargers game.... sorry if a snow game in which he hit a couple of jump balls to Benjamin doesn't help sway me.

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

the title of the thread is "if both are health," so the concussion argument is out.  Yes, he threw 5 picks against a top 3 defense on the road.  Big Ben threw 5 picks in a game this year.  Not saying that Peterman is Big Ben, but the argument that 5 picks is inconsistent with being able to play QB well is incorrect.  

5 picks in 49 attempts.  He can't handle a blitz, and makes mistakes.  Hes struggled when you take away his first read, and he's also been baited into picks.  

I don't think we can afford to have a game just get completely away from us because of turnovers.  

right. this is what I heard before the chargers game.... sorry if a snow game in which he hit a couple of jump balls to Benjamin doesn't help sway me.

Against the worst pass defense in the NFL starting 3 rookies at CBs because theyr starters are on IR

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

You realize it is MUCH HARDER to throw the ball in a blizzard when it is wet and cold, than it is against the Saints?  You realize the throws to Benjamin were not "jump balls" but perfectly placed passes that good QB's throw so that the WR can make a play on the ball.   

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Peterman threw 5 picks in LA, and now has a concussion and will likely miss practices all week.  

I know this is gonna sound like I am waffling......but to me it looks like Peterman is getting better by the game.

Yes....the 5 pick game was horrible.....in his next start he threw no interceptions and frankly some pretty good passes.....he used his feet to keep drives moving.....his receivers dropped balls that hit them right in the hands......

Did he make a mistake not protecting himself when he got the concussion.....absolutely....a rookie mistake that he will learn from but he DOES appear to be getting better every time he steps on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You didn't even watch the game, if you think stats tell the story think again.

Why do we make this baseless attempt at insult? MAJbobby obviously watched the game. This is the biggest collection of Bills nerds assembled in one place, 99% of us watch every game closely. The 1% being PatsFanNH, that troll Jets meathead account, and SaviorPete.

Just now, dneveu said:

5 picks in 49 attempts.  He can't handle a blitz, and makes mistakes.  Hes struggled when you take away his first read, and he's also been baited into picks.  

I don't think we can afford to have a game just get completely away from us because of turnovers.  

He can't handle a blitz?  It was a blitz with Bosa and Ingram.  TT would have been sacked about 12 times.   We lose the game anyway.  And Peterman can handle the blitz, that's how he got a concussion: escaping the pocket.  And "hes struggled when you take away his first read" is correct---if your describing TT.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

You realize it is MUCH HARDER to throw the ball in a blizzard when it is wet and cold, than it is against the Saints?  You realize the throws to Benjamin were not "jump balls" but perfectly placed passes that good QB's throw so that the WR can make a play on the ball.   

he did a couple nice things yesterday. but what on earth has he done to show he wont start tossing picks again once the weather is nice and he has a green light? 

dude. I don't care who starts. I don't want either qb'ing the bills next year. but how on earth could anyone think that he's earned it after 5 picks in one freaking half and then couple of nicely thrown balls to our towering wr in man coverage yesterday? give me a freaking break.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

I know this is gonna sound like I am waffling......but to me it looks like Peterman is getting better by the game.

Yes....the 5 pick game was horrible.....in his next start he threw no interceptions and frankly some pretty good passes.....he used his feet to keep drives moving.....his receivers dropped balls that hit them right in the hands......

Did he make a mistake not protecting himself when he got the concussion.....absolutely....a rookie mistake that he will learn from but he DOES appear to be getting better every time he steps on the field.

Have to be fair didn't allow the drop excuse wont for Peterman, accurate throws maybe would have been nice maybe then they would not have gone incomplete

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Healthy on Sunday, is different than healthy enough to be allowed to watch film and practice. They are different conversations.

If Peterman is healthy enough to go through team meetings and full practice, it is a toss up. If not, TT regardless of Sunday health, with Peterman dressed. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Have to be fair didn't allow the drop excuse wont for Peterman, accurate throws maybe would have been nice maybe then they would not have gone incomplete

I just have this thing about TE's dropping balls.

To me this should not happen (or rarely happen) Clay was dropping balls that were not perfect but hitting him in both hands.....a TE should come down with that because they are the safety valves of the offense....the guy you should be able to go to for a catch when you have to have it in traffic or not thrown perfectly.

Man I miss Larry Centers

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm hardly in the Peterman camp, but I thought he handled the situation well yesterday. No criticisms here.

that's nitpicking IMO

My point was, he made a very poor (macho/emotional) decision for basically zero gain.  To win in the NFL, you can't have a qb who doesn't understand their own limitations.  Which is.. you can't (and shouldn't) take on 3 defenders head first for a potential 1-yard gain.  IMO Peterman hasn't shown that he can make a distinction between a turn-over vs. punting when in the heat of the moment.

he did a couple nice things yesterday. but what on earth has he done to show he wont start tossing picks again once the weather is nice and he has a green light? 

dude. I don't care who starts. I don't want either qb'ing the bills next year. but how on earth could anyone think that he's earned it after 5 picks in one freaking half and couple of nicely thrown balls to our towering wr in man coverage? give me a freaking break.

The question is: who is better.  The answer is Peterman.  TT cannot perform basic functions of a QB.  When the other team "makes him play QB" he can't move the ball.  I'll take my chance with a guy who can hit WR's (even Webb is better than TT in this regard) and move it downfield.  

No need to get "Stank_Nasty": hopefully TT is gone after this year and Peterman is backing up a new QB.  

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

yesterday? in that weather? yes. I think tyrod should be starting if healthy. but Peterman did fine yesterday. to not take that storm into account is just absurd. that was unlike anything I've ever seen. 

You know the perfect example to show how bad the weather was?  Kelvin Benjamin lined up a full yard offsides and it wasn’t called because the side ref couldn’t see the ball or LOS.  He was standing about 10 yards away.

Just now, John from Hemet said:

To me this should not happen (or rarely happen) Clay was dropping balls that were not perfect but hitting him in both hands.....a TE should come down with that because they are the safety valves of the offense....the guy you should be able to go to for a catch when you have to have it in traffic or not thrown perfectly.

Man I miss Larry Centers

In this weather where tracking the ball is very difficult any adjustment on a poorly thrown ball is difficult by anyone

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

What I think of when people say "Peterman should've protected himself by sliding feet first."

Flaccofight.0.gif

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Healthy on Sunday, is different than healthy enough to be allowed to watch film and practice. They are different conversations.

If Peterman is healthy enough to go through team meetings and full practice, it is a toss up. If not, TT regardless of Sunday health, with Peterman dressed. 

I would agree.  If Peterman can't practice, I'd go with TT (and throw in Webb, even throwing it to TT.  The CB will back off when TT lines up wide).  

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

Man I miss Larry Centers

Among other things, our receiver corps does not have a safety blanket.

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Man I miss Larry Centers

Clay drops so many passes.  It's unreal.  

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

(even Webb is better than TT in this regard)  

No need to get "Stank_Nasty": hopefully TT is gone after this year and Peterman is backing up a new QB.  

this is just over the top and false. and speaks volumes to me about where your head is at on the subject. good talk, friend.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

What I think of when people say "Peterman should've protected himself by sliding feet first."

Flaccofight.0.gif

Webb also led head first later.  And I was glad to see some Bills players get in the Colts face after the hit on Peterman.  

this is just excessive and false. and speaks volumes to me about where your head is at on the subject. good talk, friend.

Saying that Webb hit WR's better than TT is "excessive and false."   I don't think so.  And I'm not the only one who feels that way.  TT can't see over his OL.  It's an issue because Dennison can't design an offense for him.  I see your in the TT fan club, and that's fine, but don't blind yourself to reality.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

By so many you mean 3 right same as Shady.

OOo Would you lobe Jimmy Graham at TE?

over this season.  Or it may appear magnified given that his production is otherwise subpar.  Also, the passes that Clay drops are IN HIS HANDS.  

Yeah, I would love Jimmy Graham.  He comes up with big plays.  (also has a QB that can get him the ball).  

Edited by RyanC883

over this season.  Or it may appear magnified given that his production is otherwise subpar.  

Yeah, I would love Jimmy Graham.  He comes up with big plays.  (also has a QB that can get him the ball).  

yes this season Clay has 3 drops

And he has a double the drops than Clay and only 90ish yards more then clay

Edited by MAJBobby

Saying that Webb hit WR's better than TT is "excessive and false."   I don't think so.  And I'm not the only one who feels that way.  TT can't see over his OL.  It's an issue because Dennison can't design an offense for him.  I see your in the TT fan club, and that's fine, but don't blind yourself to reality.  

lol. webb went 2-6 with an AWFUL pick and you spew this garbage. good lord..... and I've said numerous times i'm done with tyrod. I wanted a qb at 10 last year. but this garbage right here says way more about you than it does me. 

I say a guy that went 2-6 and had an awful pick isn't as good as taylor and you categorize that as me being in the taylor fan club? dude you're on another level. 

Webb is an emergency qb only.  Over time, I think Peterman will end up being a better backup than Tyrod.  (We don't have a starting qb, but we are forced to start one anyway.)

I have no idea which inadequate starter would truly give us a better chance next Sunday, so I'm just going to hope for the best with whoever the eight ball picks.

lol. webb went 2-6 with an AWFUL pick and you spew this garbage. good lord..... and I've said numerous times i'm done with tyrod. I wanted a qb at 10 last year. but this garbage right here says way more about you than it does me. 

I say a guy that went 2-6 and had an awful pick isn't as good as taylor and you categorize that as me being in the taylor fan club? dude you're on another level. 

First, I'm not on the level that you're on, which is apparently some "holier than thou" football fan when you post stuff like, "this says way more about you than it does me."  Really, what does it say about me?  That I disagree with you about a QB's ability to throw the ball.  ITS A FOOTBALL BOARD, CALM DOWN.  

Now that you have calmed down, Webb may have thrown an INT, but TT plays scared.  No way he makes the pass to Thompson to get us in Shady running/FG range in OT.   That's my opinion, yours can differ, but calm down dude.  

2 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

Peterman is garbage.....worst backup in football........Tyrod this season and then we need to draft a rookie regardless.......Play a rookie win or lose next year and its not Peterman.

worst backup in football?   I think the Falcons, Denver (do they have a starter?) Washington, Browns, Giants, just to name a few, would disagree :)

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Against the worst pass defense in the NFL starting 3 rookies at CBs because theyr starters are on IR

Against blizzard like conditions.  

If the ref can't see Benjamin lined up a full yard offsides because he can't see a stationary ball and the LOS....throwing in that is as difficult as they come.

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I did watch the game but thanks for your concern

Yeah I don't believe you. In the game day thread you came in a while after his touchdown and said you had just seen the touchdown highlight, and before the game you were saying you weren't going to bother watching.

15 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

Peterman is garbage.....worst backup in football........Tyrod this season and then we need to draft a rookie regardless.......Play a rookie win or lose next year and its not Peterman.

Its just too early for this...I think Peterman can develop into a fringe starter and a very good backup.   You cannot make determinations on rookies that seldom play.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yeah I don't believe you. In the game day thread you came in a while after his touchdown and said you had just seen the touchdown highlight, and before the game you were saying you weren't going to bother watching.

Yep I watched it, I turned it to the browns game because it was boring and was flipping and then I stayed and watched the entire game after the TD.  But thanks for your concern