Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

The message from the NFL is basically that a late hit, OOB and with intent to cause the exact kind of injury they claim to be trying to remove from the game entirely, is only worth the minimum suspension. Remember he wasn't ejected from the game in question, so this is the MINIMUM punishment the league could possibly bring down. 

White could miss the rest of the season or have his career in jeopardy. I can't condone retaliation in kind but if this is truly how the league wants to address hits that could be career threatening, I see absolutely no reason why teams wouldn't put a PS player in after the game's decided and have him shred Brady's knee on a late blitz. Oh wait, yes I do...because reasonable football conduct and human decency wouldn't stand for it. 

!@#$ Gronkowski and the Patriots organization that breeds his kind of behavior. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The nfl FO really is a joke.  They don’t have a clue

No they have a clue. Billions actually. They look like this $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The league needs all the help they can get with slumping tv viewership. Punishing another one 

of their flagship teams at this point in the season. Is counterproductive to their financial goals.

imo

The 1 game suspension is cute and all, but I still expect revenge when we play them on Christmas Eve.

I want someone to wish him "Season's Greetings" with a flying elbow to his face.  Wear a big pad before you do it, like Gronk does, and fill it with weights.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

No they have a clue. Billions actually. They look like this $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The league needs all the help they can get with slumping tv viewership. Punishing another one 

of their flagship teams at this point in the season. Is counterproductive to their financial goals.

imo

And their players are their everything.  If the league doesn’t protect them now, it’s just going to shorten the NfL life span. I don’t think it’ll happen during my lifetime, but I suspect (along with many others) that the head injuries will eventually lead to the end of the nfl.  Hits like THAT have no part in the sport.  Gronk said it happened because he was frustrated.  The majority of the players on the field are frustrated.  Imagine if everyone just started unleashing forearm shivers to the back of unsuspecting players’ heads.  A 1 game suspension was the minimum punishment.  Crabtree threw a punch at a helmeted players face mask and got one game (after originally 2 game).  What gronk did was on an entirely different level than what Crabtree did.  Giving them the same punishment is just astonishing to me

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

And their players are their everything.  If the league doesn’t protect them now, it’s just going to shorten the NfL life span. I don’t think it’ll happen during my lifetime, but I suspect (along with many others) that the head injuries will eventually lead to the end of the nfl.  Hits like THAT have no part in the sport.  Gronk said it happened because he was frustrated.  The majority of the players on the field are frustrated.  Imagine if everyone just started unleashing forearm shivers to the back of unsuspecting players’ heads.  A 1 game suspension was the minimum punishment.  Crabtree threw a punch at a helmeted players face mask and got one game (after originally 2 game).  What gronk did was on an entirely different level than what Crabtree did.  Giving them the same punishment is just astonishing to me

Agreed.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

After hearing his appeal, Thrash or Brooks should increase his suspension to 3 games for having the audacity to appeal.

That was a total scumbag play.

That outcome is pure fantasy, but that would be OUTSTANDING!

The union has to appeal as it is what they are designed to do, but that is one of the problems with the legal system. 

Sometimes it would be nice to have the guilty party say, "my bad, I deserve it."

Of course, Gronk's "apology" was a joke.  If you're sorry, say so and end the statement.  If you feel the need to add reasons and excuses, then your apology is not accepted as sincere.

JMHO

34 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

False. Gronkowski got fined twice before for roughing, once for blocking Sergio Brown OOB and another for taunting (fighting) w/ Seahawks after the Super Bowl IIRC. Another fine for taunting against the Bengals per ESPN.

ESPN is wrong regarding the Sergio brown incident, no fine at all. He got one for taunting against the Bengals AFTER Berfect stepped on blount leg. He also got one for the SB WHEN THE Hawks went stupid.  So twice he has been fined but not for roughing.. and FYI he deserved 2 at least for this offense was just plain dumb!

2 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

In light of his apology I am surprised he is fighting it.  Guess he has no remorse or thinks the punishment doesn't fit the crime.  I hope during his appeal they up his suspension

Right!  What a douche!

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me get this straight!  Gronk gets one game for pile driving a defenseless player on national television and Elliot gets four games for an alleged incident with his wife???

Goodell is incompetent!

Elliot was 6 games.  No?

47 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

The Billsy outcome...

He will appeal this and the suspension will be postponed for a few weeks.  He'll end up sitting out the Bills game.  He avoids any possibility of retribution and they probably won't need him anyway. They might not even care about the game at that point in the season.

THIS.  You just know it.  Belichick is too smart... I'll bet the appeal is a simple means to make sure it's the Bills game that he misses.  He won't play, they won't need him, and all the drama is avoided. 

Maybe Belichick sits him for the next Bills game in NE for fear of him getting injured before playoffs?

And perhaps he becomes a target for other players on other teams who want to punish the dirty player.

Hope so.   Ghetto justice for a ghetto player.

It should be like the NHL. If the player you injured is out 3 weeks, you're out 3 weeks.

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Maybe Belichick sits him for the next Bills game in NE for fear of him getting injured before playoffs?

And perhaps he becomes a target for other players on other teams who want to punish the dirty player.

Brady better worry too.

29 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The 1 game suspension is cute and all, but I still expect revenge when we play them on Christmas Eve.

I want someone to wish him "Season's Greetings" with a flying elbow to his face.  Wear a big pad before you do it, like Gronk does, and fill it with weights.

The Bills won't get the chance because Gronk will drop his appeal and serve his suspension when they play the Bills again, because he's a kitty.

5 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills won't get the chance because Gronk will drop his appeal and serve his suspension when they play the Bills again, because he's a kitty.

I hope one of these happens so the retaliation is funneled towards Brady instead. 

What the heck is he appealing? He already admitted that it was intentional and justified it by saying he was frustrated at the refs.  If that is his "excuse", the appellate officers should jack the suspension up to 3 games.  Freaking idiot. Take your medicine and be glad it's not worse.