Giants to Start Geno Smith at QB - Eli to Start Again After HC and GM Fired

26CornerBlitz

Someone brought up Tyrod's name in reference to Eli's career? LOL That's amazing. This board is amazing.

Eli has 2 Super Bowl rings, both over New England and both requiring game winning drives and huge throws to seal the deal. You can post all the stats you want, you can call him names, you can make all the hypothetical arguments you want, but Eli will still have 2 SB rings over Tom Brady's Patriots and Tyrod can't even beat them in a meaningful regular season game, having two shots per season.

And no, beating the Patriots with their injured 3rd string QB in the first month of the season or their backup in week 17 when all the starters are out doesn't count. Sorry.

As far as McAdoo goes, he is a total tool. I really think this is a spiteful and petty move because he has totally lost the locker room.

BTW, the Chiefs somehow lost to these Giants.

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

McAdoo will be some "senior offensive assistant" working for free next season or he will be out of the league.

The guy is completely toxic

After such a flop I imagine it will take some time for him to restore enough of a reputation to get an OC job. He is only 40 years old, it's not far fetched to think he will land a decent position at some point. (Not HC)

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

My only guess is the Giants want to see if Geno Smith looks different than he did with the Jets but no way they are passing up on a guy like Rosen or Darnold in the draft.

My guess is that the Giants want to ensure the #3 pick, draft a QB, and be successful for the next 15yrs

• Like (+1) 1

Very little news out of the sports world stuns me, but this is jaw-dropping.   It's bad enough the Giants let their OL go to pot worse than Buffalo did, haven't had a running back since Brandon Jacobs, and have no healthy WRs, but now you end your HOF QBs career streak so you can start......Geno Smith?!?

Unforgiveable.  I hope Manning demands a trade, goes to Denver and wins a SB just like his brother.

30 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Am I a jerk for hoping that Geno throws 6 INTs in the first half?

Was going through this thread and was going to post that I was surprised no one was giving the over/under on Geno 5 interceptions in first half

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Very little news out of the sports world stuns me, but this is jaw-dropping.   It's bad enough the Giants let their OL go to pot worse than Buffalo did, haven't had a running back since Brandon Jacobs, and have no healthy WRs, but now you end your HOF QBs career streak so you can start......Geno Smith?!?

Unforgiveable.  I hope Manning demands a trade, goes to Denver and wins a SB just like his brother.

Yup. I truly think it's a petty move by McAdoo on the way out.

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Rivers was the better choice for them, for sure. I think he's mentally tougher than Eli was.

Definitely, the Chargers just have to look at all those Super Bowl rings on Rivers hands to know he was the better choice. Does Eli have more SB wins then Rivers have playoff wins?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Definitely, the Chargers just have to look at all those Super Bowl rings on Rivers hands to know he was the better choice. Does Eli have more SB wins then Rivers have playoff wins?

Chargers should have taken Big Ben.

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Look at the bills fan, talking **** on Phil Rivers.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So because the Bills haven't been Good, no one that follows them can say anything about any other team? Guess only Pats fans can talk about other teams? 

What did I say that wasn't True?

Eli's been the beneficiary of a very stable organization. All I'm saying is if you put Eli in San Diego, he wouldn't have those two SB wins.

Rivers has taken a hell of a beating and is still producing at a level that Eli isn't capable of at the moment.

• Like (+1) 2