Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

Just because you criticize Tyrod doesn't mean you are a Peterman guy.  I think there are lots of people who would gladly draft a QB in the first round to take over for Tyrod.

99% of the fans want a QB early this year. All the debates are pretty dumb when you think about it. I just don’t want us casting out Tyrod before we know for sure his replacement is better. If we draft someone in the 1st round and keep Tyrod on a short leash next year (see: Chicago Bears with Glennon and Trubisky) I don’t mind that at all.

2 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Just because you criticize Tyrod doesn't mean you are a Peterman guy.  I think there are lots of people who would gladly draft a QB in the first round to take over for Tyrod.

thats just it though,  to some here,  its Tyrod or gtfo.    Doesnt matter how bad Tyrod plays,   hes their guy.    I have never seen a QB play so badly,  for so long,  and have so many, including national media types,  make sooooo many excuses for him.

Tyrod wins on occasion,  but it sure isnt because of him.      Hes gone  next season in any event.

3 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

thats just it though,  to some here,  its Tyrod or gtfo.    Doesnt matter how bad Tyrod plays,   hes their guy.    I have never seen a QB play so badly,  for so long,  and have so many, including national media types,  make sooooo many excuses for him.

Tyrod wins on occasion,  but it sure isnt because of him.      Hes gone  next season in any event.

Strange phenomenon.    Thankful it ends this year though.  

36 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You're off by 7 TD's there, chief.

The OL was decent in pass pro today.  And it's almost the exact same OL as it was in 2015. 

Yeah wasnt much to complain about in pass pro today...Chiefs have some good rushers especially Houston and he was mostly quiet...run blocking that is another story...

Taylor fans that keep pointing to last week still don't get it. Their guy isn't going to be here next year and Peterman will be.

But in the end the long term QB answer for this team probably won't be here until next years draft at the earliest. Either way Taylor is not the answer and go ahead an thump your chest over his jaw dropping stats this week I suppose you deserve it.

12 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

He can't hit a WR in stride because accuracy sucks....I'd rather see him grow a pair of balls and take a few risks than play like the timid wimp he is.  He single handedly kept KC in the game.

No he didn't.  That is ridiculous.

At leas the people who want to move on from Tyrod can take heart in the fact that the coaches refuse to give Tyrod the ball in big moments and didnt hesitate to pull him when the unwillingness to take shots down the field as the game was slipping away, in other words the actions show they dont want him here.

Just now, Woodman19 said:

At leas the people who want to move on from Tyrod can take heart in the fact that the coaches refuse to give Tyrod the ball in big moments and didnt hesitate to pull him when the unwillingness to take shots down the field as the game was slipping away, in other words the actions show they dont want him here.

OR... why the offense is putting up very pedestrian numbers. These guys in charge don't appear to be the best offensive minds in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Who are the people who don't want to move on from Tyrod next year?   Are there maybe 2 or 3 on the entire board.   Maybe?

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Taylor fans that keep pointing to last week still don't get it. Their guy isn't going to be here next year and Peterman will be.

But in the end the long term QB answer for this team probably won't be here until next years draft at the earliest. Either way Taylor is not the answer and go ahead an thump your chest over his jaw dropping stats this week I suppose you deserve it.

There’s no guarantee Peterman is here next year.

15 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

He can't hit a WR in stride because his accuracy sucks....I'd rather see him grow a pair of balls and take a few risks than play like the timid wimp he is.  He single handedly kept KC in the game.

What an uninformed and ridiculous take. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

OR... why the offense is putting up very pedestrian numbers. These guys in charge don't appear to be the best offensive minds in the NFL. 

At some point when you go through new coaches every year you should probably wonder if its the players.

18 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

There is zero proof that better ball placement in the situation that you are referring to will often result in the difference between a win and a loss. And your analysis fails to consider how his running ability positively impacts the teams ability to win games. Essentially, you are just rehashing the same old impartial critique that is commonly made with regard to Taylor's play, offering little in terms of insight and analysis. 

Well, I offer plenty in other posts about "insights and analysis" guess you'll have to read those then... This is insightful because it encapsulates in a single play Taylor's main problem.

So let me understand this...your argument is that there is no study that shows putting the ball in a place where the receiver can run after he catches it rather than falls to the ground or has to stop himself routinely won't translate into more wins and losses? Of course it doesn't...it translates into yardage, first downs, better field position, extended drives, and time of possession...and THOSE translate into more wins.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

That should be the most concerning part.    People don't seem to recall that the Bills were much, much better on offense last year.    Oh,  and the year before.   With the same offensive line personnel still on the team (playing or not) from those years sans Kouandjio.

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Look at the teams that lost today.  Every QB threw picks.  Look at the teams that lost to us.  Their QB threw picks.  Guess what Tyrod doesn't do?  Any questions.

Taylor almost takes NO risks and that is why he doesn't throw INT's, not because he is this supertaleneted human being at not turning the ball. Any questions.

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Who are the people who don't want to move on from Tyrod next year?   Are there maybe 2 or 3 on the entire board.   Maybe?

and me.
Draft one early. but I do not want to move one from him just yet

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Taylor almost takes NO risks and that is why he doesn't throw INT's, not because he is this supertaleneted human being at not turning the ball. Any questions.

maybe he is smarter than Rico?

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

and me.
Draft one early. but I do not want to move one from him just yet

This coaching staff has shown they can't build an offense this team can execute very well.    Just when you think they learned something and got better at coaching, you realize they haven't learned much at all and that whether this offense is going to be up or down week to week is a complete mystery going into each and every game.

3 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

That should be the most concerning part.    People don't seem to recall that the Bills were much, much better on offense last year.    Oh,  and the year before.   With the same offensive line personnel still on the team (playing or not) from those years sans Kouandjio.

JethroTull had a  song

called " living in the past"

you have a solid point though

Just now, PolishDave said:

This coaching staff has shown they can't build an offense this team can execute very well.    Just when you think they learned something and got better at coaching, you realize they haven't learned much at all and that whether this offense is going to be up or down week to week is a complete mystery going into each and every game.

actually I was not overly upset today with play calling. I liked the Henderson and Dimarco packages

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

coaches may be to blame for the offensive  problems,   its also likely that they dont trust their QB enough and limit the playbook severely    

I think you are guessing here.

I saw him option out today.

Just now, PolishDave said:

Rick Dennison is the Minstrel in the Gallery.

And I really don't mind if he sits this one out.

well done my friend

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

coaches may be to blame for the offensive  problems,   its also likely that they dont trust their QB enough and limit the playbook severely    

The coaches also believed Peterman could execute it better than Tyrod so are we supposed to blindly trust that they know what they’re doing?

• Like (+1) 2

Yep!  Thats why I hate the Raiders, had a guy at school who was so obnoxious about them that I learned to really dislike them out of spite.

Except I was kidding. Worst reason ever. I have a really good idea. Watch the games and then decide yourself if he sucks or is good or somewhere in between. 

Or, ask the neighbor's dog what he thinks. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Saints are losing 10 to 17 in the third .............. Brees must suck.  He has better recievers, a better running game, o-line ............... Brees must really suck.

they have also been on an 8 game win streak.

your point?

edit: I wouldn't use brees as a form of defense for taylor. he had a decent game. he made some plays. he also made some that were not so good. I wont criticize him much, they won. however, had the defense not stepped up that one td pass wouldn't of cut it. it wont happen because he'll likely be on his way after the season but I really would of liked to see him with a competent OC before any real judgement can be assessed.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Except I was kidding. Worst reason ever. I have a really good idea. Watch the games and then decide yourself if he sucks or is good or somewhere in between. 

Or, ask the neighbor's dog what he thinks. 

I have my own opinion, Tyrod doesnt take risks because he wants to protect his stat line or hes too stupid to see the windows.  Either way, he will be rather ineffective when his athleticism disappears and for a QB who is approaching 30 years old, he likely is getting there closer than anyone would think.  There is a reason the only players who are still playing into their mid 30's are accurate pocket passers.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He missed a throw. He didn’t turn the ball over, avoided a bunch of sacks and went on the road to beat a division leader without his number one receiver. The guy takes way more crap than he should. 

As long as the defense holds Brady and the Pats offense to 10 points we have a chance next week!

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He missed a throw. He didn’t turn the ball over, avoided a bunch of sacks and went on the road to beat a division leader without his number one receiver. The guy takes way more crap than he should. 

and it's downright shameful.

Edited by 87168
  • Like (+1) 2