Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

Who’s saying he is going to be the long term answer? Is there some other thread I missed?

I think just about every fan knows he will not be the long term starter.

This was known and obvious when they didn’t elect to pick up his option and only brought him back because of a pay cut.

Is there anyone here that would argue Tyrod is a franchise QB?

1) He's pretty good, but regularly shows us a ceiling we all wish wasn't there.

2) Not a lot of franchise QBs floating around begging for a look

3) Org sure has given every indication that they're going to try and find another QB

So that being said, Tyrod had the game we needed today and am happy for him. Hope he can do more next week - I don't see how 16 cuts it against the Patriots.

Edited by disco

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Look at the teams that lost today.  Every QB threw picks.  Look at the teams that lost to us.  Their QB threw picks.  Guess what Tyrod doesn't do?  Any questions.

Then WHY is he no better than a couple games over .500 and runs an offense with the one of the highest 3 and out percentages since he has started?

more to beint a long term viable QB than not throwing picks

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Then WHY is he no better than a couple games over .500 and runs an offense with the one of the highest 3 and out percentages since he has started?

more to beint a long term viable QB than not throwing picks

Who said long term viable QB?  I think he's good, not great, and we have crap other than him.  There are no, absolutely none, guarantees that drafting a QB gives us a "franchise" QB.  I think we could do a lot better just by having better play calling and some better WR play.  So for the meantime fix what you can and that should be the play calling and long term go ahead draft away but remember, we D0 N0T have a better option at QB.

13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Taylor had a chance to pretty much bury the Chiefs on a simple play and he didn't take it.  O'Leary wide open in the middle of the field with literally nobody within 20 yards of him...not exaggerating. Taylor has an absolutely clean pocket, nobody near him, nobody in his face...all Taylor has to do is make an easy throw, give O'Leary the chance to run after the catch and instead he throws the ball at his feet where he has to dive and make a catch, nullifying his ability to gain more yards.  Instead of a first down + inside the 20, we have a 3rd and 2 at the 42 oe 43 yard line...3rd down and we lose yards, then punt. 

Please watch the play again...sure it wasn't a great throw, but O'leary didn't have to go to his knees to make the catch.  He indeed was bracing for a hit which didn't come.  He could have very easily caught it with his hands.  The ball was waist high.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Who said long term viable QB?  I think he's good, not great, and we have crap other than him.  There are no, absolutely none, guarantees that drafting a QB gives us a "franchise" QB.  I think we could do a lot better just by having better play calling and some better WR play.  So for the meantime fix what you can and that should be the play calling and long term go ahead draft away but remember, we D0 N0T have a better option at QB.

The OP.

Really, today stat wise Tyrod and Alex were identical until the last pick Smith threw, and that pick wasn't why KC lost the game. 

FTR, I thought Smith sucked today and Tyrod was ok, but at the end of the day they had extremely similar days.

Edited by LarryMadman

Just now, Maine-iac said:

So you want to pay him 18M next year because why?

it is evident they are not changing their style to fit him hell they wont even so it to help the Best player on the team. You think.they (Dennison) is changing offense for Taylor?

1 minute ago, CviewBills said:

Please watch the play again...sure it wasn't a great throw, but O'leary didn't have to go to his knees to make the catch.  He indeed was bracing for a hit which didn't come.  He could have very easily caught it with his hands.  The ball was waist high.

So you are the ONLY one that sees it that way to include the announcers

This board is so sad.  All this talk about the QB position when it is the defense that disappeared for three games and now found new life.

TT made a bad throw that still netted a completion.

A first quarter TD. No interceptions.

TT is not great but more than good enough to win playoff games.

Just now, Dadonkadonk said:

This board is so sad.  All this talk about the QB position when it is the defense that disappeared for three games and now found new life.

TT made a bad throw that still netted a completion.

A first quarter TD. No interceptions.

TT is not great but more than good enough to win playoff games.

People love beating a dead horse. I dont know how many times the same TT topic needs to be addressed. Its nauseating.