Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

1 minute ago, grb said:

And when he had Woods, Watkins, Clay, and McCoy he completed 63% of his passes for over 8yds an attempt, 27 touchdown passes & 6 interceptions. And added another plus-minus 500 yds rushing. Does that answer your question?

Today he played with an offensive line which often imploded, almost nothing from the running game, and this week's assortment of receivers off the scrapheap.

And he played well.

So the haters whine about ....... wait for it ...... a 14yd completion. Too funny, huh?

People have to complain about a road win vs a team thats 1st in their division. 

3 minutes ago, grb said:

And when he had Woods, Watkins, Clay, and McCoy he completed 63% of his passes for over 8yds an attempt, 27 touchdown passes & 6 interceptions.

And added another plus-minus 500 yds rushing. Does that answer your question?

Today he played with an offensive line which often imploded, almost nothing from the running game, and this week's assortment of receivers off the scrapheap.

And he played well.

So the haters whine about ....... wait for it ...... a 14yd completion. Too funny, huh?

You're off by 7 TD's there, chief.

The OL was decent in pass pro today.  And it's almost the exact same OL as it was in 2015. 

Edited by jmc12290

1 minute ago, grb said:

It's what he does constantly - he throws off target and prevents YAC.  

He did have some of his best throws today though - actually LED Zay on a couple of passes - if he can keep that up he has a chance to upgrade to full-mediocre.

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

That throw is precisely why the staff wanted to look at peterman and precisely why Taylor will don a different uniform next year. 

+100

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

No argument here.  That throw is precisely why the staff wanted to look at peterman and precisely why Taylor will don a different uniform next year. 

If that one throw says it all, what do Peterman’s 5int in 2 quarters show the coaching staff. Will Peterman be in the CFL next year?

Just now, bobobonators said:

No one's complaining about the win, so far as I can see.  And the Chiefs are plummeting -- losing to the Giants was indicative, so one has to contextualize first in their division.

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I never had a chance to see Tyrod play in an offence stacked with elite talent. I don't think Tyrod should always shoulder all the blame. I think there are times he can take something that is average and make it work sometimes and hate all you want but that's special.

I think the hate for Tyrod is over the top. I even agree with some criticism of him but he's making something not good enough into almost good. Tyrod can be a franchise quarterback. 

How many offenses are stacked with elite talent?

Taylor had Shady McCoy, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Chris Hogan, Charles Clay and one of the best OLines in the NFL from 2015-2016.

That's better than most QB's have in their entire careers.

3 minutes ago, grb said:

And when he had Woods, Watkins, Clay, and McCoy he completed 63% of his passes for over 8yds an attempt, 27 touchdown passes & 6 interceptions.

And added another plus-minus 500 yds rushing. Does that answer your question?

And he played well.

Mathews, Jones, Clay and McCoy aren’t exactly a scrap heap of receivers..

I agree Taylor and Alex Smith had almost identical stats if you take away that late interception from Smith.   I think sometimes it's hard for us to be objective about the quarterback position because looking at Smith I thought his performance was lackluster at best yet tyrod did almost the same thing

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

If that one throw says it all, what do Peterman’s 5int in 2 quarters show the coaching staff. Will Peterman be in the CFL next year?

A rookie's first game against the league's leading pass rush, and the first one at least  100% not on him - but don't let reality affect you.

Fortunately, you won't be making the call at OBD.

When our assessment of what will happen comes up wrong, get back to us.

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

No one is complaining about winning.  The Chiefs have lost five of their last six games and haven't scored 20 points in a game in over a month.   They're not a good team. 

32 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Franchise QB's make teams pay with blown coverage/wide open receivers.  Point blank.

Like Alex Smith? No one will argue that Tyrod is Brady, but Tyrod is on par with half the QBs in the NFL. Do you think we are the only ones who think they need an upgrade at QB? Great. Now go find the next Brady.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Like Alex Smith? No one will argue that Tyrod is Brady, but Tyrod is on par with half the QBs in the NFL. Do you think we are the only ones who think they need an upgrade at QB? Great. Now go find the next Brady.

Disagree.  Lower third.

And yes, Alex Smith is a better QB, but had a way worse day.

We will try to draft a franchise QB.  Hopefully the next Brady, but I'll take top 12.