Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

This just in:  if the Pats are up 30-0 at the half, it will be Peterman time.

New England ahead 30-0 at halftime over the Bills is a pretty strange wet-dream for a "Bills fan" to have. Of course I can't say I'm entirely surprised. The same poster said he'd prefer not getting in the playoffs this year if it meant starting Taylor the last five games of the season. If I had to guess, Tyrod either keyed his car, kicked his dog, or stole his girl. It's the only explanation which makes any sense.......

Edited by grb

3 hours ago, Ga boy said:

This just in:  if the Pats are up 30-0 at the half, it will be Peterman time.

Yes. I see that handwriting on the wall.  So we either miss the playoffs by a smiggen, or we get in and get embarrassed.  In either case, we don't really know what we have in NP.  We're in no man's land.  Also, we get a mid-round draft pick.  Very frustrating.  Go Bills!!

I don't want to know what we have in NP. I want to make the playoffs.

Heaven forbid we make the playoffs and get embarrassed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

So. You think that we are going to have "Tom Brady 2.0?"

Mmmm...YOU are the one imagining things.

People who were born around the turn of the century do not have a proper grip on reality.....

beyond the fact that you are making up stories (you are)

You missed the bit where I don’t give a **** anymore.  

Most of my replies to you.    I am answering you with sarcasm.  

Why?  Because these arguments s/b dead and buried.  

On 11/26/2017 at 4:47 PM, matter2003 said:

Look...we won and that is great...but we made it way harder than it needed to be.  

Taylor had a chance to pretty much bury the Chiefs on a simple play and he didn't take it.  O'Leary wide open in the middle of the field with literally nobody within 20 yards of him...not exaggerating. Taylor has an absolutely clean pocket, nobody near him, nobody in his face...all Taylor has to do is make an easy throw, give O'Leary the chance to run after the catch and instead he throws the ball at his feet where he has to dive and make a catch, nullifying his ability to gain more yards.  Instead of a first down + inside the 20, we have a 3rd and 2 at the 42 oe 43 yard line...3rd down and we lose yards, then punt. 

So instead of running a bunch of more time off the clock, kicking an easy FG or even possibly getting a TD, to go up 2 scores we punt it back to them up 6.  

I know I know...you are like "Whats the big deal? Taylor completed the pass, set up a short 3rd down and we won!"  Yes, we did, but there are times every game when you have the chance to put a team away and Taylor consistently doesn't take advantage of it.  Yes, other QB's put the ball there at times, but not on that route and not with nobody in their face.  You just have to make a better throw...its what seperates consistently good QBs from QBs like Taylor... when you have a chance to get a first down and another 20+ yards ESPECIALLY at the point of the game it happened, you don't want to be settling for a 3rd and short.

Details like this is what win and lose you games many times in the NFL. You don't get very many easy plays like that in the NFL and when you do you HAVE to capitalize on them. Details are not Taylor's strong suit.  He does a lot of big things right...he doesn't turn the ball over...he gets out of trouble a lot...he completes passes...but he doesn't do well on ball placement a lot of times...there are too many times receivers have to stop running or are stopped when he throws the ball to them, or dive to the ground to make catches when they shouldn't have.

I understand if you are wondering what the big deal is, but people who know football on a more than rudimentary level can appreciate what I am saying....Taylor can't be the franchise QB because he doesn't do the little things right often enough...he misses too many plays that should be easy and our drives stall out many times because of it...wonder why we tend to go 3 and out a lot with him?  That's why. Details.

On White's interception, Alex Smith had Kelce open and waving to him in the EZ ... but you and the numerous others who continually bring up all the plays Taylor "left on the field" always ignore other QBs' mistakes and act as if Taylor is the only QB in the NFL who doesn't make the absolute best decision every single time he throws the ball.  The Taylor-haters have even tried to do that with Peterman, making all kinds of excuses and/or pretending those 5 INTs somehow didn't happen.

Guess what.  Even Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady "miss" plays.  Of course, since those two QBs are not only the two best in the NFL but are surrounded by talented players and the recipients of excellent coaching, they usually can make up for those misses.  Taylor is not as good as Rodgers and Brady, but he also has the bigger handicap, this year especially, of being surrounded by JAGs, STers, and PS refugees and suffering under crappy offensive coaching.

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

On White's interception, Alex Smith had Kelce open and waving to him in the EZ ... but you and the numerous others who continually bring up all the plays Taylor "left on the field" always ignore other QBs' mistakes and act as if Taylor is the only QB in the NFL who doesn't make the absolute best decision every single time he throws the ball.  The Taylor-haters have even tried to do that with Peterman, making all kinds of excuses and/or pretending those 5 INTs somehow didn't happen.

Guess what.  Even Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady "miss" plays.  Of course, since those two QBs are not only the two best in the NFL but are surrounded by talented players and the recipients of excellent coaching, they usually can make up for those misses.  Taylor is not as good as Rodgers and Brady, but he also has the bigger handicap, this year especially, of being surrounded by JAGs, STers, and PS refugees and suffering under crappy offensive coaching.

This had nothing to do with a decision. This has to do with simply hitting a wide open receiver with no pressure in his face and a clean pocket.

18 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

A lot of Bills fans agree with you about making the playoffs at all costs.  I fear that the costs will be one and done, a mid-round draft pick, and still no answer at QB.  I know that many Bills fans agree with me that TT is not the answer.  So we spend all of our draft capital on a QB that might not be the answer next year.  NT might not be the answer, but I'd like to see him play 2-3 games to see if we have the QB we need.  I think that would be a better scenario for us long-term than making the playoffs;  however, it probably won't happen.  We'll probably miss the 2nd season, and be in the same position as we've been in for 17 years with big QB questions.  On the other hand, if we win the Super Bowl with TT, I'll be very happy.  Go Bills!!

3 hours ago, Ga boy said:

A lot of Bills fans agree with you about making the playoffs at all costs.  I fear that the costs will be one and done, a mid-round draft pick, and still no answer at QB.  I know that many Bills fans agree with me that TT is not the answer.  So we spend all of our draft capital on a QB that might not be the answer next year.  NT might not be the answer, but I'd like to see him play 2-3 games to see if we have the QB we need.  I think that would be a better scenario for us long-term than making the playoffs;  however, it probably won't happen.  We'll probably miss the 2nd season, and be in the same position as we've been in for 17 years with big QB questions.  On the other hand, if we win the Super Bowl with TT, I'll be very happy.  Go Bills!!

We all want the same result. I don't want to give a quarterback 2-3 games just to see if he's good. That could cost you the season as it may well have this year against the chargers. Sure we want to know cause all we see are the games, but there's competition in training camp, preseason, PRACTICE. If the coaches don't know what they have after practicing with the players 100 times a year then they're dumb.

I'll bet Tre White has a field day against Peterman in practice. I don't see the practices, I just saw a lesser secondary pick him apart in a very important game.

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

How many "WOW" completions does Tyrod have? Can you think of one? How many game winning drives does Tyrod have? maybe one at the best.

Last week's touchdown. Stop reposting across threads lol.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:47 AM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

In the WC game?  Unlikely, and even more so this year when the only two truly dominant teams in the AFC are NE and Pitt who won't be playing in the WC game.  Besides, if Tim Tebow can lead the 8-8 Denver Broncos to a playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, ANY team that makes the playoffs has a chance to win a WC game.

11 hours ago, Ga boy said:

What the hell do you think Peterman playing 2 or 3 games at the end of the season is going to tell you about him?   Do you know how many really crappy QBs have looked really good for a few games and then bombed out when asked to start long term?   I think Brock Osweiller is the most spectacular recent  one but the Bills once thought Trent Edwards was their savior because he looked good as a rookie.  It usually takes a couple of years or more as a starter to be sure a QB is a real deal.

BTW, Peterman didn't play particularly well at Pitt.  He only came to the notice of most pro scouts at the Senior Bowl practices.

I'm still waiting for Tyrod to point at the line of scrimmage and yell out "52 is the Mike! 52 is the Mike!".

The next time you see him do this will be the first time.

Edited by matter2003

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I thought 50 is the Mike!  was the call ?

could be why we don't hear it much :D

Haha...some games it is...depends on what jersey number the middle linebacker is wearing that day

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

In the WC game?  Unlikely, and even more so this year when the only two truly dominant teams in the AFC are NE and Pitt who won't be playing in the WC game.  Besides, if Tim Tebow can lead the 8-8 Denver Broncos to a playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, ANY team that makes the playoffs has a chance to win a WC game.

What the hell do you think Peterman playing 2 or 3 games at the end of the season is going to tell you about him?   Do you know how many really crappy QBs have looked really good for a few games and then bombed out when asked to start long term?   I think Brock Osweiller is the most spectacular recent  one but the Bills once thought Trent Edwards was their savior because he looked good as a rookie.  It usually takes a couple of years or more as a starter to be sure a QB is a real deal.

BTW, Peterman didn't play particularly well at Pitt.  He only came to the notice of most pro scouts at the Senior Bowl practices.

Rob Johnson signed a $25,000,000 contract based on one good game & then compounded it with his second good game vs. Indianapolis in the season finale in 1999..... 

The rest as they say is history...... 

We know dis. Taylor's ball placement has always been shaky. There are handfuls of plays in every game where you go, "Yeah, he completed the pass but if he hits that guy in stride he's getting an extra 15-20 yards." I'm sure those types of throws drive Taylor nuts. But his problem has always been how his height limits his view of the field. He's forced to peek through lanes and windows in between giant lineman battling each other. He doesn't have the luxury of simply seeing over everything. They could combat this with deeper dropbacks like they do with Wilson in Seattle or more rollouts and pocket movement, which I thought we'd see a lot of this year but I think Dennison is kind lost right now. 

17 hours ago, SoTier said:

No I 100% agree