Kelvin Benjamin injury ( torn meniscus, will play through and have surgery after the season)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The other factor is pain threshold. Suffice it to say that the people I know do not have the pain thresholds of NFL players. If I ever took an NFL hit, I'd be in traction for weeks.

Really? Your wife? Married to you? No pain threshold? Even after showing her statistics that since 1978, NYC wives have lost 52.71% of arguments with their husbands?

You can play with a torn miniscus, depending on the tear. Mostly it just feels funky. I played basketball with a torn miniscus for a while. It didn't slow me down but it was hard to get out of my mind because my knee just felt strange. 

I'm sure the docs are helping him figure out what's best. 

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The other factor is pain threshold. Suffice it to say that the people I know do not have the pain thresholds of NFL players. If I ever took an NFL hit, I'd be in traction for weeks.

I coach HS lacrosse.  A player of mine won 4 wrestling matches on his way to a state championship on a torn meniscus.  He had surgery two days after the championship match, and 5 weeks later was a full participant on the lacrosse field without a problem (and his tear was moderate/severe).   The kid is an animal though.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

This team simply can't catch a break.

But at this point is there any real reason to not shut down Benjamin completely for the rest of the season? It's not like this team is going to the playoffs and it's time to start thinking about next year and beyond which Benjamin is obviously going to be a part of.

You don't think Miami games and the Colts are winnable?  9 - 7 probably does make the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Really? Your wife? Married to you? No pain threshold? Even after showing her statistics that since 1978, NYC wives have lost 52.71% of arguments with their husbands?

Those statistics are most certainly wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Thanks a lot Nate. This wouldn’t have happened if Tyrod was still the starter since Benjamin wouldn’t have even been targeted. 

Hahaha

that reminded me of jm2009 blaming EJ for throwing Sammy into injury.  

Funny  with the SW injuries post EJ.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Sad 1

Do we know if it is DTD because of our inept training/med staff? Or is the tear a degree of severity where he could return with a fairly quick recovery? I'd imagine this is something that is relatively certain as to the severity that by this point they should know how long he'll be out (at least an estimate)

Edited by ctk232

9 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Do we know if it is DTD because of our inept training/med staff? Or is the tear a degree of severity where he could return with a fairly quick recovery? I'd imagine this is something that is relatively certain as to the severity that by this point they should know how long he'll be out (at least an estimate)

Cordy Glenn has been described as  "day-to-day" and has now missed his 3rd consecutive game.  That should tell you something about Benjamin's availability. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1