Kelvin Benjamin injury ( torn meniscus, will play through and have surgery after the season)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

You don't think Miami games and the Colts are winnable?  9 - 7 probably does make the playoffs.

We obviously have a better chance of winning those games then we do the Patriots games, but still don't think 9-7 gets you into the tourney this year especially if tiebreakers come into play.

• Like (+1) 1

He was damaged goods when he got here and Carolina couldn't wait to get rid of him, I believe.

You think a team fighting for the playoffs gets rid of a top WR in the middle of the season?

I even forgot who we had to give up to get him. 

19 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

You don't think Miami games and the Colts are winnable?  9 - 7 probably does make the playoffs.

9-7 likely won't cut it with the Ravens remaining schedule, if Cincy and LA keep winning, and/or the Chiefs don't slide. Unless we win out or go 4-1 for the remainder, we're sitting on the bubble looking in. I'm crazy enough to think we can go 4-1, but they took their fate out of their own hands with three deplorable performances in a row, two to AFC teams.

Edited by ctk232

1 hour ago, ctk232 said:

9-7 likely won't cut it with the Ravens remaining schedule, if Cincy and LA keep winning, and/or the Chiefs don't slide. Unless we win out or go 4-1 for the remainder, we're sitting on the bubble looking in. I'm crazy enough to think we can go 4-1, but they took their fate out of their own hands with three deplorable performances in a row, two to AFC teams.

Yeah, for some reason I forgot about the Ravens.  Truth is, we sneak in, we get slaughtered most likely.  So officially, I don't really care.  This is what I tell myself, but come game day, no matter how awful we are, I can't help rooting, so unofficially, I hope we go 4 - 1, etc.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah, for some reason I forgot about the Ravens.  Truth is, we sneak in, we get slaughtered most likely.  So officially, I don't really care.  This is what I tell myself, but come game day, no matter how awful we are, I can't help rooting, so unofficially, I hope we go 4 - 1, etc.

To be honest, I don't care if we get blown out in the playoffs this year, even though I'd love them to win it all as much as anybody. I'd almost rather they get there and get that ridiculous monkey off the back so the media doesn't peddle this story into the coming years. That way we can spend the next couple years actually rebuilding regardless of how many postseason appearances we make, and just focus solely on building a perennial contender. But 4-1 fingers crossed!

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

We obviously have a better chance of winning those games then we do the Patriots games, but still don't think 9-7 gets you into the tourney this year especially if tiebreakers come into play.

Probably not because Baltimore will likely get to 9-7 with their weak schedule and they would beat us in tie breaker most likely.  However, if Baltimore didn't get to 9-7 we would have a good shot.  We hold the tie breaker against KC and the Raiders.  If KC continues their slide for a game or two the Chargers will probably win that division.  I don't see any other teams getting to 9-7 so Baltimore is really our only competition.

The Bills still have to get to 9-7 at least though for it to even matter.  I think we beat the Colts... not completely sold on beating Miami in both games unless our offense steps up or Miami throws a ton of pics.  They actually have a competent defense.

Edited by Scott7975

He could be working his way back from a small bone bruise which can happen when taking a hit to the knee. That would cause some swelling and inflamation. The tear in the meniscus seems minor and he can play on it. Just a matter of pain threshhold. I am sure they have injected him with Cortisone