Fire McDermott and Brandon Beane

Klaista2k

10 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

We are building a team for long term success.  This isnt' about 17 or 18.

If you want to already label next year's draft picks as flops that's on you.  Way to be positive.

** Could** - Every rookie from a draft has a potential to be a stud or a dud correct as they are unproven? I honestly don't think the Pegula's have the patience to wait until 2019-2020 for a successful team let alone the fan base.

SO why does Beane get an automatic pass?

Add: For the record, I don't want McD going anywhere

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, PIZ said:

The problem is they started fast and built up expectations.  No one expected them to start 5 - 2.  Now their lack of talent and depth is showing and there's nothing they can do about it.

The wins were a mirage given that we had the 10th easiest schedule at the time.  

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

** Could** - Every rookie from a draft has a potential to be a stud or a dud correct as they are unproven? I honestly don't think the Pegula's have the patience to wait until 2019-2020 for a successful team let alone the fan base.

SO why does Beane get an automatic pass?

Were half way into year 1 of a 5 year plan.  

Your already calling Beane a failure because we don't have our answer at QB.  The guy hasn't even run a draft here yet.

What automatic pass is he getting? 

Wow.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Not only should Pegula fire McDermott and Beane, but he should immediately fire their replacements, just to get ahead of things.

Thank you!!! Someone finally making some sense!!!

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Please stop with this bull s . He made a decision today that didn't work out.

We will NEVER GET BETTER if we keep changing coaches. Sorry there is no instant gratification in rebuilding a team.

To be fair, there was little requiring a rebuild. 

But now that weve torn it all down, I guess we may as well be patient and let it play out.

but it’s hard to see the philosophy/process at times 

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair, there was little requiring a rebuild. 

But now that weve torn it all down, I guess we may as well be patient and let it play out.

but it’s hard to see the philosophy/process at times 

The process is getting rid of malcontents even if they are talented. Look at Carolina and Philly, that will be us.

22 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Were half way into year 1 of a 5 year plan.  

Your already calling Beane a failure because we don't have our answer at QB.  The guy hasn't even run a draft here yet.

What automatic pass is he getting? 

Wow.

Thank you!!! Someone finally making some sense!!!

So it's a 5 year plan now? So it's ok to suck until 2021-2022? The 5 year plans do not work in a win now league, especially for a team and fan base that has zero success in almost 20 years. You need to read my prior replies and not skip over things, not sure where the QB crap came from? We have holes all over the entire team. Next years draft alone will not fix the problems on the table we have with a bunch of unproven rookies.

Your giving him the automatic pass based off your replies.

Your fooling yourself if you don't think that Beane had some serious weight behind the scenes last draft with McD as well.

Again, I'm not for firing Coach n Co. That said, passing on Watson and trading Dareus does not look good right now.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

McD should go no where!

Not sure why Beane should be safe in all honesty. What did we expect by letting basically all of our former 1st and 2nd rd picks walk for next to nothing? We have had holes in the past as all teams do right? But I have never seen a Buffalo Bills team with this many holes since the early 80's. The only strength when not in injury hell right now are WR and maybe D secondary.

early 80s? we were good in the early 80s

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

McD should go no where!

Not sure why Beane should be safe in all honesty. What did we expect by letting basically all of our former 1st and 2nd rd picks walk for next to nothing? We have had holes in the past as all teams do right? But I have never seen a Buffalo Bills team with this many holes since the early 80's. The only strength when not in injury hell right now are WR and maybe D secondary.

The fact that we are sitting at 5-5 with a team that is this bad should tell everyone that McDermott is a capable coach.  We are 10 games into a year where no one gave us a chance.. and we have an even record with a shot at the playoffs.  People are just mad because they gave fans hope that the Bills were something more when they were sitting at 5-2. 

I'm not upset with McD for starting Peterman this week, because the Bills needed to do something to shake things up on offense.  However, a lot of the criticism that will be coming their way this week is well deserved because he was just so far off in his assessment of where Peterman was at.  That worries me a lot

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Please stop with this bull s . He made a decision today that didn't work out.

We will NEVER GET BETTER if we keep changing coaches. Sorry there is no instant gratification in rebuilding a team.

Actually some teams with new coaches get better every season.

The issue isn't continuity..........it's bad hires combined with a lack of stewardship from above.

The Pegula's know nothing about pro sports........they came into the NFL with a lesser understanding of the game than the average fan...........it's not surprising that they are continuously making inexperienced mistakes.  

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I started watching the Bills as a kid in the 1982 season and we flat out sucked until the late 80's

they were good in 82 and 83 altho the strike season hurt them....then they were awesome in 87 altho the strike hhurt that yr too. everyone was picking them before 88 to do really well. 84-86 were rough but we drafted Kelly and bruce and had a ton of potential

The Bills can't fire McD and Beane...they would look like more of a joke than they already do, which at this point is pretty !@#$ing hard to do.

But 10 games into the tenure and I already have seen all I need to....these guys are in way over their heads. The D is pathetic, and that is supposed to be McD's strong suit. Hiring Dennison to run a WCO with his stupid zone blocking scheme should be a fireable offense.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Come on. After all the process talk, you can't fire either of them 10 weeks into season one. It cant, wont and shouldn't happen.  I know tension is high, but firing them would be incredibly stupid. 

Dennision, sure. McD and Beane? Nope. 

True, but remaining confident in their "process" and the future direction of the team has taken a blow with this historically bad collapse.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ahh the 84-85 Bills, those were the days, but it led to the best  team we ever had. We need another Jim ,Bruce and Thurman.

For once in the entire17 year stretch we need to get some continuity in process.  Like when Polian came in.  Young guy , but he laid it out for Ralph.  Told him he simply didn't have good enough players and didn't pay well enough.

mcD and Beane?  My guess is they've told Terry they don't have good enough players.  Players that want to win.  Last couple week have been depressing to say the least, but draft picks and cap space are coming.  Front office has good talent evaluators.  Play out this year, hopefully but doubtfully catch lightning in a bottle like early this season.  And see what happens.

10 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

The Bills can't fire McD and Beane...they would look like more of a joke than they already do, which at this point is pretty !@#$ing hard to do.

But 10 games into the tenure and I already have seen all I need to....these guys are in way over their heads. The D is pathetic, and that is supposed to be McD's strong suit. Hiring Dennison to run a WCO with his stupid zone blocking scheme should be a fireable offense.

Dennison was never McD's choice. This is on record. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Guess you forgot Chuck Knox.

I do honestly, it's was very early in my younger age at 4-5yrs old when I first started to watch NFL football and turning into a Bills Fan in the 82-83 seasons.  At the time my family was not into football so I pretty much self learned the game by watching the first couple seasons. I remember it being rough to watch but nothing else was on TV and I was 100% fascinated with how good Eric Dickerson was for the Rams. I really miss the magic from the late 80's to mid 90's of the Bills.

Ive been a life long Bills fan (going on almost 45 yrs. now) and this is without a doubt the absolute worst 3 stretch game streak i have ever witnessed from the Bills, let alone any NFL franchise.

Not only did they play with zero heart, played sloppy and atrocious, they played with very little ambition and looked like they didnt even want to be on the field. This team has steadily gotten worse over the past 3 weeks with no resolve in sight.

We all knew there would be some growing pains, but this 3 game stretch is without a doubt the worst i have ever witnessed from this franchise.

Just when you think this team cant surprise you anymore, well holy ****, they blow the doors off our hopes and dreams and play even worse than they did last week..........which i thought no team could ever do, but surprise, surprise and here we go again, Bills fans.

I'm sick of firing these people. All they do is cash their checks for years afterwards.

I say they do jail time. Lock them up for a week and see if that doesn't get the point across. 

If it doesn't then the offseason allows for a nice long stretch in the slammer to get them thinking right.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Why can't we fire them after 1 year?

Lot's of coaches go one and done in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

What Terry should do is give them each a 5 year guaranteed contract.  Bouncing from one regime to another is no way to improve.

What if they suck and can't evaluate talent?  They have completely mismanaged a team that was in prime position to make the playoffs.  A lot of smart posters hated most of their moves.  The Sammy trade.  Pretending Jordan Matthews was good enough (and he's been less healthy than Sammy).  Trading Dareus at 5-2 for a worthless 6th.  Benching Tyrod for a 5th round rookie.

SM should have never been given this much power. In a joke of an AFC, we were in prime position and they completely screwed it up.  

But yeah, lets blindly trust the process of SM and his puppet GM.  They have been killing it so far.  

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Darby just made a nice pick. ?

Dude, this team was completely talentless and every player Whaley acquired was worthless.

trust the process!!!

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I do honestly, it's was very early in my younger age at 4-5yrs old when I first started to watch NFL football and turning into a Bills Fan in the 82-83 seasons.  At the time my family was not into football so I pretty much self learned the game by watching the first couple seasons. I remember it being rough to watch but nothing else was on TV and I was 100% fascinated with how good Eric Dickerson was for the Rams. I really miss the magic from the late 80's to mid 90's of the Bills.

It's coming soon, this is our bad time and once we get McD players we will be there.

• Like (+1) 1

We are supposed to have a good FO. Mc does know what a great D looks/feels/plays like. The OC is not looking good, I would say move on quickly and shape new O players around new guy. We need a new QB and can't give our picks up. Start Peterman the rest of the season. Tank signal flash. #tank

#noO#noD#tank

2 hours ago, berg1029 said:

The fact that we are sitting at 5-5 with a team that is this bad should tell everyone that McDermott is a capable coach.  We are 10 games into a year where no one gave us a chance.. and we have an even record with a shot at the playoffs.  People are just mad because they gave fans hope that the Bills were something more when they were sitting at 5-2. 

I'm not upset with McD for starting Peterman this week, because the Bills needed to do something to shake things up on offense.  However, a lot of the criticism that will be coming their way this week is well deserved because he was just so far off in his assessment of where Peterman was at.  That worries me a lot

Have you seen our defense? Embarrassing!  The worst I’ve ever seen in all my years watching Buffalo.  Bigshot head coach better fix that defense or he better fire  Defensive  coordinator  Leslie Frazier   I think his scheme is antiquated. 

5 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Come on. After all the process talk, you can't fire either of them 10 weeks into season one. It cant, wont and shouldn't happen.  I know tension is high, but firing them would be incredibly stupid. 

Dennision, sure. McD and Beane? Nope. 

please get Dennison the heck out of here!