What's your reaction if Peterman is terrible this Sunday

Steptide

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If his numbers are a couple of turnovers and under 100 total yards passing in the first half it's probably not out of the question we see Taylor start the second half. 

I dont think we see TT unless NP gets clobbered out of the game.......that being said if NP throws a pickfest of a game than i could see them flipping back.....

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If his numbers are a couple of turnovers and under 100 total yards passing in the first half it's probably not out of the question we see Taylor start the second half. 

I would be twice as shocked if Tyrod makes an appearance unless Peterman is KTeffO'd

and then Joe Webb is ready to roll

If he is that bad, TT goes back in.  I think too much is made about the feeling of the qb- they either work or they don't. I do agree that it depends on the definition of terrible.  Is it a rookie making rookie mistakes- then you work through it- if he clearly doesn't have it and won't get it- then you go back to TT.  It will more likely be the former.  I like TT as a person and he has done some good things, but he is clearly not the QB of the future.  So  unless he's really really bad, Peterman stays in.  I have a feeling he will be at least as good as TT, but have learned to not drink the coolaid. 

Edited by davspo

7 minutes ago, davspo said:

If he is that bad, TT goes back in.  I think too much is made about the feeling of the qb- they either work or they don't. I do agree that it depends on the definition of terrible.  Is it a rookie making rookie mistakes- then you work through it- if he clearly doesn't have it and won't get it- then you go back to TT.  It will more likely be the former.  I like TT as a person and he has done some good things, but he is clearly not the QB of the future.  So  unless he's really really bad, Peterman stays in.  I have a feeling he will do pretty well, but have learned to not drink the coolaid. 

They can't go back to TT....

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

For me, I need more than one game, but it'd no doubt be disappointing. 

If Peterman goes out and falls on his face, I will be disappointed.  Peterman is a rookie and has had limited reps with the starters.  I have no expectations for NVP given the circumstances. 

If the worst happens on Sunday I will be disappointed in McDermott and this front office, not Peterman. 

It depends on game flow too. If the D is getting lit up again, they probably stick with Peterman in the second half even if he has multiple turnovers in the first half and isn't moving the ball. But if it is a close seven point game because the defense is doing it's part but Peterman looks like a deer in headlights with multiple turnovers, then I could see the switch back. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

If Peterman goes out and falls on his face, I will be disappointed.  Peterman is a rookie and has had limited reps with the starters.  I have no expectations for NVP given the circumstances. 

If the worst happens on Sunday I will be disappointed in McDermott and this front office, not Peterman. 

Again built in excuses.  This is all the FO.

I'd have waited a week as 5-5 they're toast, 6-4 they control their destiny even losing vs. KC & NE.....

17 years I just want to see the playoffs, and the first round game imo would not be vs. a great team either.....

12 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

They are facing a tough Chargers D, I'm expecting mixed results. If the team shows up flat and doesn't get behind the rookie I will flame them. Napalm for everyone.

The defense hasn't shown up since the Raiders game three weeks ago. Not showing up this week wouldn't be because they are not getting behind the rookie. It would just be the status quo of this defense.

The offense has had many terrible games this year. Especially on the road. Again, it would be status quo, not because they are "not behind the rookie".

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again built in excuses.  This is all the FO.

I'd have waited a week as 5-5 they're toast, 6-4 they control their destiny even losing vs. KC & NE.....

17 years I just want to see the playoffs, and the first round game imo would not be vs. a great team either.....

I was expecting the move a week later, but honestly, I saw this as a game where Taylor would get taken down  at least five times if not more by Bosa and company. I don't think our offense suffers any with the QB change. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The defense hasn't shown up since the Raiders game three weeks ago. Not showing up this week wouldn't be because they are not getting behind the rookie. It would just be the status quo of this defense.

The offense has had many terrible games this year. Especially on the road. Again, it would be status quo, not because they are "not behind the rookie".

The move should give the team some juice. I want to see the offensive line firing off the ball and giving Peterman a pocket to work from. 

The defense to be flying around and wrapping up on tackles. The coach just benched one of the captains, seeing if this team awakes from it's November slumber is what I will be looking for.

Peterman will do some good things and make some mistakes. That's to be expected. The wild card is how the rest of the team responds. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

For me, I need more than one game, but it'd no doubt be disappointing. 

How can you ever be disappointed by a rookies first ever game in the NFL, man?

I'm expecting huge disappointment, however, i'm also expecting a learning curve going into it. The kid has to learn and there's no better way than to throw him into the fire..........sink or swim.

Peterman isn't going to learn on this team while sitting on the bench. Throw him on the field and take the good with the bad.......either he's a viable option for the future or he isn't. Let the chips fall where they may and leave it all on the table, bro.