Lets get crazy--Andrew Luck

dayman

Poisoned relationship in Indy. Coming of a season where he has a bad injury that is shrouded in mystery and potentially really bad long term for his shoulder. Perhaps a reasonable price is on his head (maybe only 1 1st or something). 

Lets get crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dayman said:

Poisoned relationship in Indy. Coming of a season where he has a bad injury that is shrouded in mystery and potentially really bad long term for his shoulder. Perhaps a reasonable price is on his head (maybe only 1 1st or something). 

Lets get crazy. 

It would still take a kings ransom to pull Andrew Luck

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

It would still take a kings ransom to pull Andrew Luck

Would it? Just b/c the owner is an insane opioid addict? I'm not seeing Luck pulling the same value it would take to move up to get a top 5 QB at this point...

2 minutes ago, dayman said:

Would it? Just b/c the owner is an insane opioid addict? I'm not seeing Luck pulling the same value it would take to move up to get a top 5 QB at this point...

China doll Sam Bradford got traded for a first...

Luck is worth atleast 2 firsts and a second minimum 

...speaking of China doll Sam Bradford...a 3 for him would be a steal and allow us to nab a little OL and defense help...also a good move.

I still think fair value for Luck is at and all time bargain to buy low. There is no way he's worth what he was worth on draft day in terms of value swap...but he's likely worth more on the field if his shoulder is fine.

The bottom line is packaging all of our picks to gamble on a 21 year old when we have so many needs is not viable. We need a Luck/Bradford or something similar. 

Edited by dayman

16 minutes ago, dayman said:

It would.

Because of the market for him. There can be a ton of negatives, but there will be a bunch of teams in the bidding war.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Let's say he ends up a Bill... My guess is a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Tyrod. 

Just now, Shotgunner said:

It would.

Because of the market for him. There can be a ton of negatives, but there will be a bunch of teams in the bidding war.

That is a respectable deal

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No thanks on Luck, at this point NP has more upside and a higher ceiling. He's a very similar player to Luck anyway.

You really must be smoking some good crack

zero chance NP has more upside even if Luck is hurt.

Edited by Buffalo716

Overrated. Throws picks as a hobby. Has Indy made the playoffs with him holding the keys?  I honestly dont know but I'd be just as content with Tyrod as I would Luck.  Bad job by you on that idea IMHO.  Lets roll the dice with Nate and take it from there.  Our franchise (whatever the hell that means) QB may well be on our roster right freaking now.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, dayman said:

...speaking of China doll Sam Bradford...a 3 for him would be a steal and allow us to nab a little OL and defense help...also a good move.

I still think fair value for Luck is at and all time bargain to buy low. There is no way he's worth what he was worth on draft day in terms of value swap...but he's likely worth more on the field if his shoulder is fine.

The bottom line is packaging all of our picks to gamble on a 21 year old when we have so many needs is not viable. We need a Luck/Bradford or something similar. 

The only bargain is that you might actually be able to trade for him.  No way is he cheap by any stretch, just consider how many teams would be interested.

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Overrated. Throws picks as a hobby. Has Indy made the playoffs with him holding the keys?  I honestly dont know but I'd be just as content with Tyrod as I would Luck.  Bad job by you on that idea IMHO.  Lets roll the dice with Nate and take it from there.  Our franchise (whatever the hell that means) QB may well be on our roster right freaking now.

They have made the playoffs, but he's hurt by his choices, his Oline, his GM, and his coach.  Oh, don't forget the crazy owner.  
They really blew it when they brought Pagano back instead of promoting Bruce Arians.  That was the end of Luck's progress.

• Like (+1) 2

You really are smoking crack

zero chance NP has more upside even if Luck is hurt.

Luck has been in the league six years and pretty much a finished product at this point.

Don't get me wrong, still a very good finished product but my point is that NP is a developmental prospect with tons of upside which is also why he wasn't drafted as high as some experts thought.

Already seeing a lot of comparisons out there to guys like Favre and Romo because of his gunslinger mentality. And considering we play some less than stellar passing defenses in the coming weeks his play could be LARGE and we might see some elusive 300 yard passing days and shootouts. Bottom line we need somebody to score points to have any chance of staying in the playoff picture regardless.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Luck has been in the league six years and pretty much a finished product at this point.

Don't get me wrong, still a very good finished product but my point is that NP is a developmental prospect with tons of upside which is also why he wasn't drafted as high as some experts thought.

Already seeing a lot of comparisons out there to guys like Favre and Romo because of his gunslinger mentality. And considering we play some less than stellar passing defenses in the coming weeks his play could be LARGE and we might see some elusive 300 yard passing days and shootouts. Bottom line we need somebody to score points to have any chance of staying in the playoff picture regardless.

He is hardly a developmental prospect 

RG3 and Kaepernick were developmental prospects...

He is a pro style QB

He has been in a pro system his whole college career and that's why he was touted as pro ready

if anything he was drafted in the 5th because most scouts saw him as having little upside and being a career backup fringe starter.

not something you take round 1-2

Edited by Buffalo716

47 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

It would.

I'd give a 1st, and any 3 other Bills.

Luck probably has another 7 years in him, at least.  Too bad Grigson is out at Indy, he could have been had for a second round pick and Vlad Ducasse.  Can never have too many good offensive linemen.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is hardly a developmental prospect 

RG3 and Kaepernick were developmental prospects...

He is a pro style QB

He has been in a pro system his whole college career and that's why he was touted as pro ready

if anything he was drafted in the 5th because most scouts saw him as having little upside and being a career backup fringe starter.

not something you take round 1-2

This makes the game in LA this Sunday the most interesting game in a decade.  Can't wait!!

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Luck probably has another 7 years in him, at least.  Too bad Grigson is out at Indy, he could have been had for a second round pick and Vlad Ducasse.  Can never have too many good offensive linemen.

He may have even more than 7 years, but if he can't get this throwing shoulder fixed, he may be done in 2.  Do you remember when Chad Pennington's shoulder went soft.  It was over pretty quickly at that point.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

He had the potential to be a great one, but his health is too much of a concern at this point imo. How many HOF QB’s have been injured this much early in their careers? The injuries appear to have the potential to be reoccurring. Unfortunately I don’t have a good feeling about his future in the NFL. The dude is traveling to Europe for alternative treatment options. I don’t like the sound of any of it. 

4 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

This makes the game in LA this Sunday the most interesting game in a decade.  Can't wait!!

I am super excited to see what happens...unfortunately I have a prior obligation.  
Definitely going to be catching score updates frequently.

Edited by dulles

Pros to Luck:

-Smart player

-If healthy (big if) can be a winner

-He's very polite

-He's not named Tyrod Taylor

-Can read a defense and play at a high level

-Has playoff experience

Cons to Luck

-This shoulder issue may never fully heal. Word I have seen is he's in Europe getting some weird treatment. Doesn't sound like the typical route an NFL player takes to recovery

-Poor lines in Indy mean he has been hit more than a woman dating Chris Brown (the R&B singer...Not the Bills reporter)

-He's already 28 with high mileage on his body

-Would take a ton of draft capital to get him

-On top of the picks would be an enormous salary 

My opinion: Use all those picks that we would have to give up and build a team. Look, we let Gilmore go and used that money to sign Poyer and Hyde plus have some leftover. That's how to build a team. The money saved from not having Luck could get us a rookie QB, a new RG and perhaps a new LBer. It's a no brainer for me. Give me a revamped team over a guy who "kinda sorta could heal and be ok" or kinda sorta could be done and could be the next RGIII

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Pros to Luck:

-Smart player

-If healthy (big if) can be a winner

-He's very polite

-He's not named Tyrod Taylor

-Can read a defense and play at a high level

-Has playoff experience

Cons to Luck

-This shoulder issue may never fully heal. Word I have seen is he's in Europe getting some weird treatment. Doesn't sound like the typical route an NFL player takes to recovery

-Poor lines in Indy mean he has been hit more than a woman dating Chris Brown (the R&B singer...Not the Bills reporter)

-He's already 28 with high mileage on his body

-Would take a ton of draft capital to get him

-On top of the picks would be an enormous salary 

My opinion: Use all those picks that we would have to give up and build a team. Look, we let Gilmore go and used that money to sign Poyer and Hyde plus have some leftover. That's how to build a team. The money saved from not having Luck could get us a rookie QB, a new RG and perhaps a new LBer. It's a no brainer for me. Give me a revamped team over a guy who "kinda sorta could heal and be ok" or kinda sorta could be done and could be the next RGIII

I think the treatment that he's getting in Europe is probably the type of stuff we'd be uneasy with if he was playing the rest of this season.  I really don't think the NFL is going to check out his meds too closely when he's on IR the rest of this year.   HGH...no problem, etc.  I think it goes without saying that it is in the best interest of the NFL to get QBs like Luck back on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dayman said:

Lets get crazy. 

That's crazy, alright. How much good did it do us to get crazy over Rivers the least couple of years.

3 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

I would be OK with it.

Plus we still have the extra 1st and 2nd.

We think we can motivate Luck, maybe they think they can do the same with Tyrod. 

They don't need Tyrod. Brissett is playing well for them.  And he's younger that Tyrod.  I wouldn't doubt Tyrod winds up in Denver or J-Ville.

6 hours ago, McNubbins said:

How about we take another look at Thad Lewis?

Why stop there? How about Losman and Edwards signed to our practice squad?

43 minutes ago, fridge said:

Luck is...quite possibly... the most overrated athlete of my lifetime.

Can't really argue with that, but Indy gave him garbage compared to what they gave Manning. Gugny believes Cam Newton will be pursued by Beane, not gonna say that's out of the realm of possibility given how many players from the Panthers we've acquired. If I had to choose between the two, I'd have to pick Newton