Peterman Starting a Football or Marketing decision or both

The Bills have a history of making moves that in hindsight look like they were made to keep fans interested more than because they were the best strategy for team (it would be nice if those two things always overlapped)>

i think this is a football move.  As a fan it will definitely get me to watch next weeks game, and not turn it off if turns into another debacle.  So its good for that too.

Football.  No way does McD make this move otherwise.  He saw that Taylor still wasn’t getting the ball out like he needs to and I’m sure he got a feel for how the move would be perceived in the locker room.  I’m sure the other players know where they stand with Taylor on the field and that’s they’re either neutral or positive about the change.  At minimum Peterman will execute the offense in the fashion it needs to be.  Even if he’s not at the level you’d want (and he could be) you’re at least helping the other offensive players learn the system.  

Football Move-  Peterman: 

Better system player.

Better accuracy

Pressing the big reset button on the season

Igniting a spark of hope for the team and the defense.  If the team believes this is the right move- look for them to respond in  big way!  

12 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Why is marketing even being brought up? The Bills offense is putrid. Something needs to change and it has. Will it work? Who knows but sometimes making a bad decision is still trying different options. 

This! It may blow up in their face, but we won't know until we try. TT has proven he is not "The Guy" time and time again. It's time to see what Peterman has. He's not as mobile but he seemed to be willing to actually throw the ball without the receiver being "wide open".

Edited by BigPappy

1 minute ago, BigPappy said:

This! It may blow up in their face, but we won't know until me try. TT has proven he is not "The Guy" time and time again. It's time to see what Peterman has. He's not as mobile but he seemed to be willing to actually throw the ball without the receiver being "wide open".

I want the Bills to make the playoffs but I would be ok if this decision blows up in their face because the plus side would be higher draft picks. I like that the coaches are taking chances to make something happen.  Peterman may get picked off more but he will also complete some passes that Taylor would never take a chance throwing. I would rather lose fighting and trying than cowering while playing it safe. 

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I want the Bills to make the playoffs but I would be ok if this decision blows up in their face because the plus side would be higher draft picks. I like that the coaches are taking chances to make something happen.  Peterman may get picked off more but he will also complete some passes that Taylor would never take a chance throwing. I would rather lose fighting and trying than cowering while playing it safe. 

Agree with this. I would love to see them make the playoffs. Especially since I didn't think they would even be sniffing a wildcard spot and you're probably right. He will most likely get picked off more but at least he's throwing it.

1 hour ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Why is marketing even being brought up? The Bills offense is putrid. Something needs to change and it has. Will it work? Who knows but sometimes making a bad decision is still trying different options. 

Because there are still people who believe Russ Brandon is the devil and the #1 reason we aren't in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Bills have a history of making moves that in hindsight look like they were made to keep fans interested more than because they were the best strategy for team (it would be nice if those two things always overlapped)>

i think this is a football move.  As a fan it will definitely get me to watch next weeks game, and not turn it off if turns into another debacle.  So its good for that too.

Best thing about this move honestly is if Peterman fails which I don't think he will we can finally chose a qb early in the draft. No more giving the backup last 2 games when we are out of playoff race, then running with him or selling him to the fans the next season. These last 2 games Tyrod didn't even try to win the game and he has had a couple of bad games. He is what he is...

Wow...its like every poster here wants to get their own Peterman thread going.  

But to answer your question, its clearly a football decision.  You dont make marketing decisions on the field when you are 5-4 in a year where 9 wins can possibly break a 17 year old playoff draught.  A winning season at 9 wins that misses the playoffs would also give more marketing value going into next year than throwing a 5th round rookie out there.  

This is 100% a football decision.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

marketing to the racist anti black QB demographic ???