Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just ask the same question I asked earlier, “how were they leading the league in scoring through 16 weeks last year?” My answer would be, “do more of what you were doing then.”  You fit your scheme to your talent not the other way around. The Bills have failed miserably with that on offense and it’s shaping up to look the same on the other side of the ball. 

I have no problem with that, but I knew from the jump that it's not what this staff will do. As soon as the OL coach changed and the scheme as well you knew that running game was gone. They got rid of the deep threat Watkins as well. They just weren't going to be running last years O. Dennison is not the creative type that Roman was. They simply saw Tyrod and a bridge QB and gave him a prove it deal to show he could be a pocket passer. But McD watched those films I'm sure. He also knows what kind of defensive scheme they will see with Taylor going forward. He simply doesn't believe Tyrod can beat anyone from the pocket. How do you stop teams from playing the DL that way unless Taylor shows he can beat it? The team was at a crossroads and starting Taylor was just going to yield a loss at this point. 

So funny to hear some of the National media.  They hate the move because of the timing.  They other reason they hate the move is because no one has ever heard of Nate Peterman and he doesn't inspire confidence.  Seriously?  Did anyone really know Dak Prescott?  How does anyone know much about any QB until they start playing.  One good thing about starting him now is the week right after a historically bad QB performance by Tyrod.   He won't look worse than that.  He may not light it up but he won't be worse, lol.

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

What makes you think that? Has he ever said anything bad in his 2.5 years in Buffalo?

Say what you want about his play, but he seems like a professional and classy guy

Well for his sake let's hope he doesn't turn his benching into something racial - as he was recently with his critics.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Peterman is exactly 1 inch taller than Tyrod, but whatever.

It's about posture and throw prep as well.  Ever watched how Drew Brees does it?  He actually drives upward as he throws to get a little elevation when he throws over the middle.  Check it out.

3 minutes ago, BobC said:

Make Tyrod a slot receiver.  He's physical enough, he knows the play book and at the appropriate times he could be a modified wildcat QB.

but he's not a receiver....we should make McCoy the QB, Tolbert a DL....and Hughes a TE

One snap can put Nate on the sidelines and Tyrod back in.  So don't forget about him - or get all jacked up.

I think this is a bold move - and this team needs a spark.  I am very curious about the locker room atmosphere.  From what I've seen of TT, I bet he's being very positive about it.

I think it's the right move and the right time - This is one of the softer games left on the schedule - and he won't have the added pressure of playing in front of the home team.

Go Bills.

Edited by MTBill
correct grammar

22 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

or it could rejuvenate it?

I gained more hope with the decision, I was beyond tired of seeing taylor under center. whether it backfires or turns the offense around remains to be seen.

right. it's a no lose situation at this point.

there is still time to salvage the season if Peterman shines. conversely if Peterman peters out, then we know what needs to be done in the draft or free agency next year. 

win-win all the way around. there is a bonus as well,  but i won't go into that.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1