Lions waive OT Greg Robinson

essential

Lions waive OT Greg Robinson

The Detroit Lions are done with the Greg Robinson experiment.

The team announced Friday it waived the former No. 2 overall pick with an injury designation. Robinson missed the past two games with an ankle injury.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874968/article/lions-waive-ot-greg-robinson-with-injury-designation

This isn't a thread saying we should sign him, I have no idea if he's good.  I'm just wondering if any of you have watched him play?  I thought he was a stud coming out in 2014.  Now, he's obviously failed as a tackle with two teams, but he was a run blocking monster at Auburn.  Anyone think he could transition to a Guard or is he just a plain bust?

Edited by essential
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I thought he was going to be really good. It’s funny how people act like o linemen are safe picks. It seems like they bust all the time.

They are still the safest first round picks statistically 

but the college spread game is hurting Olineman development as well

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

It remains amazing to me with all of the analysis that goes into the NFL draft that misses this bad still happen.  I suppose Dareus is maybe a different flavor of the same issue those his situation is more about consist play than it was talent.

Dareus' 2014 season was statistically one of the best seasons by a Bills defensive player in team history. I don't think they're comparable. Robinson was never good.

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It remains amazing to me with all of the analysis that goes into the NFL draft that misses this bad still happen.  I suppose Dareus is maybe a different flavor of the same issue though his situation is more about consist play than it was talent.

The great unknown prior to the draft...how the players react to fame and fortune.  

4 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

How bad do Alabama linemen turn out.  Either they have motivation issues or are just plain bad and have a hard time maintaining condition, same goes for most RBs

Robinson played for Auburn. ;)

16 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Not sure if he would be good but not sure we are the team to take that chance

We did it with Ducasse

9 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

To your point, I thought Robert gallery was the safest prospect ever. I think he was considered a pseudo bust.

How about Tony Mandarich

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What a massive bust.

....agree.....went #2 in 2014.....guess the draft ain't an exact science after all.....except in Buffalo when the headhunters surface with machetes in hand lookin' for some GM scalp....as the world turns........

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....agree.....went #2 in 2014.....guess the draft ain't an exact science after all.....except in Buffalo when the headhunters surface with machetes in hand lookin' for some GM scalp....as the world turns........

Yes agreed.

Bills have a knack for drafting players other teams want later down the road. Bills are 9n ABC order:  Chiefs Eagles Pats Rams Saints 49ers farm team.

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Yes agreed.

Bills have a knack for drafting players other teams want later down the road. Bills are 9n ABC order:  Chiefs Eagles Pats Rams Saints 49ers farm team.

.....Pegula opened the checkbook WIDE for Beane to hire a cadre of ex-Pro Player Personnel Directors as well a former VP's of Player Personnel (remember the naysayers will say no one else would hire them, of course).....so we damn well better improve in this area IF the intent is to build a long term, competitive club.....CERTAINLY applaud TP  for clearing the way to hire the "best and the brightest (HOPEFULLY)".....stay tuned..........