Lions waive OT Greg Robinson

essential

22 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He's a bust.  Move on.  He's like the Tony Mandarich of this era.  Huge, strong dude who just cannot play.

....good analogy MGK.......remember him well....Kiper called him a "behemoth....a man among boys..." and every other Kiperism........

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good analogy MGK.......remember him well....Kiper called him a "behemoth....a man among boys..." and every other Kiperism........

Kipper is a paid mouth that is supposed to be entertaining.  The NFL has bought into its own hype around the draft.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

...they're better than Comedy Central.......Beiber McShay blasted Bflo for drafting Marshawn as a "reach of a bust" at #12.......

On 11/10/2017 at 3:17 PM, essential said:

Lions waive OT Greg Robinson

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874968/article/lions-waive-ot-greg-robinson-with-injury-designation

This isn't a thread saying we should sign him, I have no idea if he's good.  I'm just wondering if any of you have watched him play?  I thought he was a stud coming out in 2014.  Now, he's obviously failed as a tackle with two teams, but he was a run blocking monster at Auburn.  Anyone think he could transition to a Guard or is he just a plain bust?

so, are we off the hook for Mike Willams now? you know, as far as having drafted the worst offensive lineman?

16 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

He was a bust at Oakland, he redeemed himself later on as an actually pretty good guard to finish out his career.

Gallary started out as an RT his first 2 seasons in the league, he was actually pretty solid as a RT but when they moved him to LT in his third year in the league he struggled hard for 2 years. The kicked him back to Left Guard from 2007 to 2010 where he was a good player. So he wasn't a bust being able to play RT and LG at a good level but he just wasn't able to handle the LT position which was the position he was drafted so high to play. 

On 11/11/2017 at 8:36 AM, Fixxxer said:

I remember this guy being the surest thing of things from that draft. Maybe it's just a perception of mine, but lately there has been a high amount of OL bust in early rounds. 

It's not your perception, due to colleges running the spread offense and running the ball a lot less O-line play in college isn't producing O-line players who have the fundamentals needed to play in the NFL. A lot of O-linemen in their early years go to camps during the off-season to work on their fundamentals. 

O-line in the draft has become a much riskier proposition than it has in the past. 10 years ago drafting a RT, Guard, or Center in the 2nd round was considered a safe pick with a 70% success rate. Now 1st round O-line bust at a higher rate.