Woods, watkins TDs

Foreigner

28 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Right?

Never mind that Watkins hadn't scored since week 3.

That doesn't matter: The Bills lost and Watkins scored. Therefore, the Bills suck.

FIRE EVERYONE!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

He was wide open deep down side line earlier. Goff overthrew him. Even if he goes out of bounds he has 100 yards at half on two targets. 

Being a deep threat means less of your targets will be catchable. And that’s what Sammy is, a deep threat. I don’t think he will be back with the Rams next year. He’s going to want more than just deep threat money and they have no reason to give it to him.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Being a deep threat means less of your targets will be catchable. And that’s what Sammy is, a deep threat. I don’t think he will be back with the Rams next year. He’s going to want more than just deep threat money and they have no reason to give it to him.

He's not at all just a deep threat though. They throw to eight different guys. There is no reason to change it. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's not at all just a deep threat though. They throw to eight different guys. There is no reason to change it. 

Yes, we know. His other responsibility is "decoy".

tenor.gif

24 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

You even watching the game or just following the stats on NFL.com? The Giants literally gave up on this game. Fans are emptying the stadium, halfway through the 3rd quarter. This isn't much of a football game.

All the Woods/Watkins scoring was what made the Giants give up. 51 for the Rams, so far.

1 hour ago, Cynical said:

More astounding, Watkins did not quit on a play.

First half stats for Watkins (from NFL.com):

1 Rec, 67 yds., 1 TD., 2 tgt.

Impressive display of "elite" talent.

Amazingly enough, 2nd half stats are the mirror image of first half stats.

22 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

So if we had Woods and Watkins we would of scored two more TDs and win 35-34.  Fire everyone.  Clean house.  Get it done OBD

Keeping Watkins, Woods, and Dareus would have let the Bills be 10-0 at this point in the season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, todd said:

So what is the point? The Bills should have kept Woods and Watkins? I'd love to hear a logical, well-reasoned argument for that one!

Well, if we're talking about winning this year (and this year alone), yeah, I'd say it's pretty obvious that we'd be a better team with Woods and Watkins (and without EJ Gaines and Jordan Matthews, and probably without someone like Lorax too because we'd have needed his money to pay Woods).  I think letting Woods walk and trading Watkins were both smart moves overall. But in retrospect: the 2017 Bills are better than most people (including, I'm guessing, Beane and McDermott) thought they'd be, and they'd be better still with Watkins and Woods.

So there's a well-reasoned argument ....

6 hours ago, Cynical said:

More astounding, Watkins did not quit on a play.

First half stats for Watkins (from NFL.com):

1 Rec, 67 yds., 1 TD., 2 tgt.

Impressive display of "elite" talent.

What's kinda sad is the Rams are using Sammy the same way we used Goodwin for 2 years. Very few targets and maybe the occasional bomb. Sammy's ability to hit the FA market next year will take a hit.

7 hours ago, Foreigner said:

If you watch the roundup shows tonight you will see the Rams Robert Woods 53 yard receiving TD, and Sammy Watkins

67 yard receiving TD and the first half is not over yet.

I guess with talent, the cream always rises to the top:(  

Did you expect them never to score again? They were traded, they didn't die.