Beane says no moves expected

The juice

Since when is the NFL the same as the NBA, MLB, NHL. Trading away free agents for low draft picks is pretty rare. Especially with the compensatory system in place.

It happens a few times a year, but expecting it to is silly.

Edited by Crayola64

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be disappointed if we don't make any moves.

I get Beane and McD fixating on 'the process' but this team has a real chance to make a run and can't ignore the glaring holes and lack of depth that could come back and haunt us against a brutal 2nd half slate including 4 games against the Pats/Fish that could essentially determine the division, WC and entire conference seeding.

Disappointed....or concerned?

Bradley GelberVerified account @BradleyGelber 28m28 minutes ago

More

If #Bills hold onto Glenn, get Gaines back & can sign Streater soon w/out giving anything up... that's a pretty good trade deadline, right?

Excellent! Double down on belief in your own players/system/plan. It got you to 5-2.

Their deadline move was dumping Darues.

I'm hoping that was the end of the dumpster dead wood fire. Seems Glenn is buying in and playing at a high level. I'd hate to lose him. If we pick up Streater, then we are in pretty good shape to make a run at NE. As long as everyone stays healthy and we get Clay back for the stretch. A starting or top 3 CB would have been nice, a DT, or true #2 receiver, but this is a nice team, not a bunch of me-me's. Love the attitude from this group.

Everyone saying, it's just a fifth round pick they don't have much value...we have a fifth round rookie starting and a fifth round QB who has played well and is at the very least our future backup. Plus, our 6th round pick has been a contributor on special teams. Those picks do hold value if you find players that fit the scheme well.

I think some of the posters on this board who say that 5,6, or 7th round picks don't have value are to young or weren't even born yet when the draft was over 20 rounds.

Edited by The Monk

I'll be disappointed if we don't make any moves.

I get Beane and McD fixating on 'the process' but this team has a real chance to make a run and can't ignore the glaring holes and lack of depth that could come back and haunt us against a brutal 2nd half slate including 4 games against the Pats/Fish that could essentially determine the division, WC and entire conference seeding.

Yes the fish are brutal... that’s one thing you got right.

thanks for the link to the tweet. doesn't seem to be any real legitimate source so I'll continue to consider it to be nothing more than talk/rumor.

Lame. We finally have a plethora of picks, in the thick of the playoff hunt, many players OTB in an area of need and we are not gonna improve our team?

Hope Beane is just saying that to get a GM to panic and accept our trade offer

Exactly why we wont be making any trades. Those picks are for future success, and we're having decent success with what we have already. No reason to hamper the future for overpaid vets right now.