Beane says no moves expected

The juice

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't just trade boldin - it has to be to a team he wants to play for, otherwise he just stays retired. People probably are calling the bluff on henderson. They know we'll have to cut him from the 53 at some point and they can probably just claim him.

What would you suggest we do, and at what price?

We have tons of picks in next years draft, and yes this roster still has a lot of holes and depth to fill but no way we have room for all these players not even factoring in FA additions before next years drafts.

My point is why not give up a few mid/late round picks on players that can help us TODAY. Not saying we should burn our 1st and 2nd rounders by any means unless it's for a true game changing player.

It's simply foolish and ego driven by this regime if they really think they are good enough to make a serious playoff push with the roster as is. 'The Process' certainly can involve going for it this season because you never know what's going to happen year to year in this crazy league.

Everyone saying, it's just a fifth round pick they don't have much value...we have a fifth round rookie starting and a fifth round QB who has played well and is at the very least our future backup. Plus, our 6th round pick has been a contributor on special teams. Those picks do hold value if you find players that fit the scheme well.

Certainly doesn't seem like they're going to make anymore moves. It would take quite an offer for them to part with any of their high round picks. Plus, the type of player and the contract come into play.

As for Glenn... I wouldn't trade him. The only reason they'd have to move him is to clear space from his contract, but Glenn 100% fits the mold of the player they're looking for. He's always been a quiet, humble guy who puts in the work and puts the team first. His presence has definitely made a difference these last two weeks.

I just re-watched the Raiders game and Glenn played his ass off. He made a difference in that game for sure.

Everyone saying, it's just a fifth round pick they don't have much value...we have a fifth round rookie starting and a fifth round QB who has played well and is at the very least our future backup. Plus, our 6th round pick has been a contributor on special teams. Those picks do hold value if you find players that fit the scheme well.

I'm all for having as many picks as possible, but obviously the Bills aren't in a full blown rebuild like most expected entering next years draft so it's not feasible for them to carry 10+ picks into next years draft because they'd essentially be wasting some of the picks on guys who won't make the final roster anyway even if you consider turnover and minimal FA additions before the draft.

I do not want Landry. He's slow, with suspect hands and a hothead who gets a lot of penalties. Rather TY or even Moncrief.

Do folks think that the Bills will be willing to part with a 4th rounder for Sammy Watkins (LA)?

LOL! This would be like out of that bad draft movie with Kevin Costner.

I do not want Landry. He's slow, with suspect hands and a hothead who gets a lot of penalties. Rather TY or even Moncrief.

LOL! This would be like out of that bad draft movie with Kevin Costner.

Or when the Yankees traded Chapman to Cubs for bunch of prospects then went out and signed him during free agency lol

I'm all for having as many picks as possible, but obviously the Bills aren't in a full blown rebuild like most expected entering next years draft so it's not feasible for them to carry 10+ picks into next years draft because they'd essentially be wasting some of the picks on guys who won't make the final roster anyway even if you consider turnover and minimal FA additions before the draft.

The following players are UFAs in 2018...

Kyle williams
Jordan Matthews
Wright
Tolbert
Humber
Leonard Johnson
Cedric Thornton
Preston Brown
Jerel Worthy
EJ Gaines
I see 3 DTs, 2/3 of our starting LBs (the other one is 34), our starting and backup LCB, and our best WR. Assuming we bring back... some of them - we're still missing a lot of pieces, as well as looking at upgrading a bunch of other ones. They can also be used to move around the draft to get certain players. Or help us get a QB if that's a plan.
Edited by dneveu

The following players are UFAs in 2018...

Kyle williams
Jordan Matthews
Wright
Tolbert
Humber
Leonard Johnson
Cedric Thornton
Preston Brown
Jerel Worthy
EJ Gaines
I see 3 DTs, 2/3 of our starting LBs (the other one is 34), our starting and backup LCB, and our best WR. Assuming we bring back... some of them - we're still missing a lot of pieces, as well as looking at upgrading a bunch of other ones. They can also be used to move around the draft to get certain players. Or help us get a QB if that's a plan.

Some of these guys will be back though and with the cap space we have we'll have room for at least a few outside FA's.

I just don't see the point of trying to build exclusively through the draft especially with so many picks next year but obviously Beane is determined to make his mark with his first official draft as Bills GM.

Some of these guys will be back though and with the cap space we have we'll have room for at least a few outside FA's.

I just don't see the point of trying to build exclusively through the draft especially with so many picks next year but obviously Beane is determined to make his mark with his first official draft as Bills GM.

Considering he knows infinitely more about football I'll go with his plan vs. yours.

Maybe they take those 10 plus picks and manuver around the draft board to get the guys they actually want....much like this did in the LAST draft

Maybe they take those 10 plus picks and manuver around the draft board to get the guys they actually want....much like this did in the LAST draft

I'm sure that will happen.

Again it's not about trading our picks in the top 3 rounds. I want to keep those too, it's about making some marginal moves with 4th/5th/6th/7th round picks than can help the team this season.