Never witnessed this before. This defense is crazy

Cherrybone

They don't have the sacks but the turnovers are insane. I never thought I would see the Bills with a better defense then the defense from a few seasons ago under Schwartz. I'll take the turnovers over sacks any day. Good job so far.

Team is ALWAYS in the right spot it seems on D...this isn't luck...its not lucky when you put yourself in the position to make these plays week in and week out

They don't have the sacks but the turnovers are insane. I never thought I would see the Bills with a better defense then the defense from a few seasons ago under Schwartz. I'll take the turnovers over sacks any day. Good job so far.

where were you 23 years ago?

edit: 13 years ago?

2004 they went 6 games straight with at least 3 defensive turn overs.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

....BIGGEST repulse is how Train Wrecks set this club back TWO years and MCD resurrects it overnight......

I stand corrected. I don't think it was '04?

I heard them earlier mention they had a 6 game streak with 3 or more turn overs. trying to find the year?

I'm getting old.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

maybe it was '04?

the best team to miss the playoffs since the turn of the century

- Bills 2004 defense ranks 4th in last 30 years

tempaaron-s-22--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG
slideshow-icon.png
View Gallery | 20 Photos
Alumni Rewind: Aaron Schobel

The 2004 Buffalo Bills finished second in the league that year in total defense, first in takeaways (39), second against the pass (164 yds/gm), third in touchdowns allowed (29), sixth against the run (100.2 yds/gm) and sixth in points allowed (17.8/gm). On Football Outsiders advanced metric scale the Bills 2004 defense, which featured players like Sam Adams, Pat Williams, Aaron Schobel, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Nate Clements and Lawyer Milloy, was the fourth-best defensive unit in the NFL in the last 30 years.

Turnovers are not sustainable for long term success

Turnovers are a result of being in the right position for them to happen and actively trying to force them...if they were just luck plays I'd agree...these arent luck plays.

this D is unbelievable right now. Milano looks like he belongs as a starter. I wonder if he can play himself into starting. Backups come in, nothing missed. Frazier has to be assistant coach of the year (if that's a thing).

Maybe take over for Zo and have him on special teams and 3rd down?

Edited by matter2003

....BIGGEST repulse is how Train Wrecks set this club back TWO years and MCD resurrects it overnight......

did you happen to see Rex on ESPN earlier when they asked him about the Bills and if this is the year they break the drought. His pompous arse says well we were 4-2 last year, just had to get that out there

Turnovers are not sustainable for long term success

I don't think this team is going to slow down in the turnover department. They are well coached, play proper technique, and continue to create turnover opportunities. They could have had a couple more today and last game.

Turnovers are a result of being in the right position for them to happen and actively trying to force them...if they were just luck plays I'd agree...these arent luck plays.

Case in point. Preston brown in great coverage position, knocks ball in air, and almost gets a pick. Next play, Brown in great coverage position, knocks ball in air, and Hyde grabs the deflection.

maybe it was '04?

the best team to miss the playoffs since the turn of the century

- Bills 2004 defense ranks 4th in last 30 years

tempaaron-s-22--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG
slideshow-icon.png
View Gallery | 20 Photos
Alumni Rewind: Aaron Schobel

The 2004 Buffalo Bills finished second in the league that year in total defense, first in takeaways (39), second against the pass (164 yds/gm), third in touchdowns allowed (29), sixth against the run (100.2 yds/gm) and sixth in points allowed (17.8/gm). On Football Outsiders advanced metric scale the Bills 2004 defense, which featured players like Sam Adams, Pat Williams, Aaron Schobel, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Nate Clements and Lawyer Milloy, was the fourth-best defensive unit in the NFL in the last 30 years.

Oh how people forget. We can't discredit what Tyrod has done with limiting turnovers. First qb we've had in a while that I'm not terrified to see dropping back on 3rd down.

Case in point. Preston brown in great coverage position, knocks ball in air, and almost gets a pick. Next play, Brown in great coverage position, knocks ball in air, and Hyde grabs the deflection.

Yeah those aren't lucky plays...that's guys doing their job properly, taking their job seriously and studying opponents, and knowing your job on every play...

Team is ALWAYS in the right spot it seems on D...this isn't luck...its not lucky when you put yourself in the position to make these plays week in and week out

Agree 100%. It's a mindset that coaching is laying down on the D and ST players. Look at Housh today even forcing a fumble.