Brandon Beane already top 3 worst GM's in bills history

Yeezus

Hasn't made a single right decision his tenure here. Keeps trading away the only talented players on our roster and for what?

Has anyone taken a look at our DT depth, its horrible. He just handed out a pro bowl DT in the prime of his career for pennies.

NONE of his trades/signings have made any sense. complete shambles.

People think this is a good trade just bc we are 4-2. Wait until November rolls around and the real Buffalo Bills show up just like the last 17 years folks.

This fan base is legit the most delusional in the NFL. no joke. If anyone is responsible for the success of our team right now its DOUG WHALEY

None of the trades are for this season. These guys are thinking longer term.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have to see.

I think the worst case is the Bills lean too far on character, work ethic, worried too much about Special Teams and getting into 3rd and manageable to ever really make enough plays in big games to win. Right now they are getting by with Mike Tolbert, Ramon Humber, Vlad Ducasse, Jordan Matthews as the number one. Does this Staff/FO overrate brotherhood and underrate talent over the long run.

Wow, I am not surprised he was traded, yet I am surprised we didn’t get someone like Yeldone ( rb) thrown in with 6 th ,possible 5 th round pick. That’s just my opinion comparing to what we got for trading Darby who doesn’t have the experience that MD has. The other thing that slightly concerns me is that the Jags have a very good pass rushing front 4 so adding Dareus will help shore up their run D since I think it’s evident he is not going to be relied upon for sacks at this point. The jags are much like we are this year, relying mostly on their D and we might be competing for a wild card spot this year if both teams keep playing at their current levels. I am good with getting rid of MD given his play now for the Bills, but would have rather seen him traded to a team not in contention for the same wild card position. MD will quickly find out there is no being late for anything given Coughlins presence back down here, so we can hope Dareus continues to be Dareus which is possible, or he finds out it’s pretty easy to get into plenty of distractions believe it or not in Jacksonville. It’s not the same place, red neck, good ol boy town it was when I moved here from Ohio in ‘85 to start my medical Career.

How do you guys think this will make the Bills better this year ? Just asking as a long time Bills fan; I don’t think the cap space means that much now or next year,and with an open roster spot who would you like to see added? We are really thin In the D backfield which I think will hurt us this week unfortunately. That seems a likely move to me even with the glaring receiver need as well. They probably need bodies there despite the latest addition cb who will take some time to fit in the current scheme. Any news on Streater since the workout? I think he would get snaps more quickly ( wr, special teams) having been at training camp, as opposed to someone from a different practice squad for example. Lots of smart posters here and I’m jus interested in your thoughts ? ( I haven’t seen any other moves yet, so sorry if I missed that )

Wow, I am not surprised he was traded, yet I am surprised we didn’t get someone like Yeldone ( rb) thrown in with 6 th ,possible 5 th round pick. That’s just my opinion comparing to what we got for trading Darby who doesn’t have the experience that MD has. The other thing that slightly concerns me is that the Jags have a very good pass rushing front 4 so adding Dareus will help shore up their run D since I think it’s evident he is not going to be relied upon for sacks at this point. The jags are much like we are this year, relying mostly on their D and we might be competing for a wild card spot this year if both teams keep playing at their current levels. I am good with getting rid of MD given his play now for the Bills, but would have rather seen him traded to a team not in contention for the same wild card position. MD will quickly find out there is no being late for anything given Coughlins presence back down here, so we can hope Dareus continues to be Dareus which is possible, or he finds out it’s pretty easy to get into plenty of distractions believe it or not in Jacksonville. It’s not the same place, red neck, good ol boy town it was when I moved here from Ohio in ‘85 to start my medical Career.

How do you guys think this will make the Bills better this year ? Just asking as a long time Bills fan; I don’t think the cap space means that much now or next year,and with an open roster spot who would you like to see added? We are really thin In the D backfield which I think will hurt us this week unfortunately. That seems a likely move to me even with the glaring receiver need as well. They probably need bodies there despite the latest addition cb who will take some time to fit in the current scheme. Any news on Streater since the workout? I think he would get snaps more quickly ( wr, special teams) having been at training camp, as opposed to someone from a different practice squad for example. Lots of smart posters here and I’m jus interested in your thoughts ? ( I haven’t seen any other moves yet, so sorry if I missed that )

How the hell do you compare a 2 yr DB like Darby who has no discipline issues, a relatively modest contract, and just was not a good fit for the defense with a 6 year veteran who is one screw up away from a full season suspension, grossly overpaid (highest paid), and gives almost no effort?

Comical.

We were lucky to get a sixth rounder (conditional fifth) for getting out from under that dumpster fire. It makes us better by jettisoning a locker room cancer. This team is all heart. When your highest paid player is a half ass, that is not a plus

Edited by simool

How do I think it will make the Bills better?

Easy.

It will give playing time to someone that will give an honest effort.

Get a grip. The Bills now have have considerable cap flexibility, they have good players that fit their systems, have stockpiled 10 picks and they are frggin are 4-2, with have a decent chance at the playoffs. At worse, Beane is a good GM.

Barely starting and not even remotely playing to his contract. Several DTs have out played him or matched his performance, hes one toke from a one year suspension and if we think hes average now, what would the Bills get for him in a year or two (and tens o millions dollars later)?

Dareus obviously didn't fit in with the process, but a sixth round draft choice doesnt do much for me. Id rather just have held onto him, and hope that he could display an occasional burst of his true potential.

No one mentions that perhaps an owner didn't want to pay Marcel 10 million dollars for being near non-existent on the field. Dead cap hit is different than actually a hit to the wallet and the bottom line.

If Pegs came to Beane and said "get rid of this guy." Could you fault him? What of it was your 10 million dollars?

Hasn't made a single right decision his tenure here. Keeps trading away the only talented players on our roster and for what?

Has anyone taken a look at our DT depth, its horrible. He just handed out a pro bowl DT in the prime of his career for pennies.

NONE of his trades/signings have made any sense. complete shambles.

People think this is a good trade just bc we are 4-2. Wait until November rolls around and the real Buffalo Bills show up just like the last 17 years folks.

This fan base is legit the most delusional in the NFL. no joke. If anyone is responsible for the success of our team right now its DOUG WHALEY

Where is this Pro Bowl DT in his prime? Because the last I saw such a thing the calendar said "2014."

EDIT: This is the first GM we've had who seems to understand player value, team control/free agency, and the salary cap. Already one of the best GMs in Bills history if you ask me. You were paying Dareus - a guy who at best (as PFF has him this year) is "above average" in a part-time role at this stage of his career - as if he really is the dominant 2014 guy. The last GM/coach dug us a a huge hole with some asinine long term contracts, and somehow Beane is managing to slowly work his way back to the surface. 2017? Really, Dareus hadn't contributed much, so it's at most a slight hit. 2018? This opens up all kinds of options that weren't there when Beane was burdened with that huge contract. I wasn't alone in calling Dareus and his contract "unmoveable" earlier this season. Guess what? Beane just moved it.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Six games. Six games and he has yet to run a draft, and he's already a failure.

Not sure what took some people so long. I was hearing he was a failure in the first quarter of the second preseason game.

Still not sure how so many posters on a football team message board aren't GMs of a professional football franchise.

Real head-scratcher there.

Too soon.

I do like the fact that McDermott and Beane are in it together and on the same page. That is a change from anything we have seen in awhile. Two young intelligent guys sharing a common vision. Time and a little luck will prove them right...I hope.

Bingo

I've got Polian, Butler and Levy as my worst 3 Bills GMs ever. Donahoe as #4.

I think Beane is doing a fine job.

How the hell you have that pecking order is beyond me. Beane is doing a great job, but without a draft under his belt this is how I have them stacked in the last 20 years or so...

Polian > Butler > Beane > Donahoe > Nix > Whaley > Levy > Russ

Edited by simool