Peterman ranked #24 best backup in the league

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000863224/article/ranking-every-nfl-teams-backup-qb-from-1-to-32

"Peterman was whispered about as a figure ready to eclipse Tyrod Taylor, but that uprising is on hold for now. It's clear the front office adores him, meaning a switch could come as soon as next offseason."

Ryan Mallett
BAL.png
QB
Ravens

Peterman was whispered about as a figure ready to eclipse Tyrod Taylor, but that uprising is on hold for now. It's clear the front office adores him, meaning a switch could come as soon as next offseason

Peterman was whispered about as a figure ready to eclipse Tyrod Taylor, but that uprising is on hold for now. It's clear the front office adores him, meaning a switch could come as soon as next offseason

Is it though? Not what I read here, from a poster with sources...

I think it's time for Peterman to get his shot AFTER the Bucs game. If it's typical Tyrod (11-25, 130 yards, 0 TD's, 35 rush yards) outing....

The whole point is to see whether or not Peterman is "The Guy" we've been looking for. Give him 6-7 games, thats a large enough sample size for "McBeane" to make a call. IF, and I do say IF he is the answer at QB, then we have a whole lot of ammo to build around him next year. IF he's not, then we got the ammo to trade up for a QB.

I'd HATE to see us trade up, waste picks, then have Peterman beat out a top 5 pick in camp for the starting job.

I think it's time for Peterman to get his shot AFTER the Bucs game. If it's typical Tyrod (11-25, 130 yards, 0 TD's, 35 rush yards) outing....

The whole point is to see whether or not Peterman is "The Guy" we've been looking for. Give him 6-7 games, thats a large enough sample size for "McBeane" to make a call. IF, and I do say IF he is the answer at QB, then we have a whole lot of ammo to build around him next year. IF he's not, then we got the ammo to trade up for a QB.

I'd HATE to see us trade up, waste picks, then have Peterman beat out a top 5 pick in camp for the starting job.

So you think the guys that watch him EVERY SINGLE DAY would think that he is bad enough to use a top 5 pick on a QB but good enough to beat that guy out?!? That's not living in the real world. If they are using a top 5 pick on a QB it should tell you what they think of Peterman.

Lol. Drafting Peterman was a shrewd decision. There's a good chance he develops into a cheap, competent backup that won't automatically lose the games we need him to play. The only downside I can really think of are the fans who think he was brought in to maybe be the man, and won't shut up about it every time the team loses a game.

If your list has a guy that's never taken a regular season snap as the 3rd ranked backup, that's a flawed list.

I posted this already earlier, but I don't think it's flawed to say that the #10 overall pick is the 3rd best backup especially based on what he did in preseason.

This is why I don't have any issue with Peterman being ranked #24th overall either. They at least view him as the best of unknowns so to speak and he was ranked #2 overall behind Mahones by PFF based on preseason metrics.

24th rated backup, yet 1st place as a starter!

In all seriousness, how can you rate someone who has never played?

When the starter is TT...

*I really don't understand the flippant way folks disregard the preseason. I get it, it is not the same as regular season. But, it does showcase skills and abilities against actual real time defenses. I mean, maybe the Saviorpete guy should see how many defenders he played against who are either starting or who have played an NFL game. And, those players were probably hungry in the preseason.

Edited by Paulus

If you can't supplant TT then you're not very good.

Just remember, if not for Tony Romo getting hurt last year Dak Prescott would be riding the bench in Dallas.

I'm pretty sure we'll see Peterman at some point this season, even if it's for just a few meaningless games in December after we are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Just remember, if not for Tony Romo getting hurt last year Dak Prescott would be riding the bench in Dallas.

I'm pretty sure we'll see Peterman at some point this season, even if it's for just a few meaningless games in December after we are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Fingers crossed eh? What would make you happier, us making the playoffs or Peterman becoming the starter, you can't have both.

Fingers crossed eh? What would make you happier, us making the playoffs or Peterman becoming the starter, you can't have both.

Making the playoffs with Taylor (yes i'm sure your shocked) of course.

I get why Peterman isn't starting but you do have to wonder what's going to happen should we continue to struggle the next few weeks and drop games at home to the likes of the Bucs and Raiders. Just how long is the rope on Taylor before he's pulled?

This is a pointless ranking, I wonder what Kirk Cousins ranking was when he had yet to play a snap and was backup to RG3?

All rankings are pointless!! There are so many moving parts that dictate success and failure. The scheme, playcalling, other players, down & distance, etc...ultimately determine what happens. The players are a piece of it. Shady is the exact same guy that he was a year ago with a fraction of the success.

Lol. Drafting Peterman was a shrewd decision. There's a good chance he develops into a cheap, competent backup that won't automatically lose the games we need him to play. The only downside I can really think of are the fans who think he was brought in to maybe be the man, and won't shut up about it every time the team loses a game.

Let's put it this way. He probably won't be our franchise guy but he'll be a better backup than the likes of Cassel, Tuel, and EJ...

This always reminds me of when they do the quarterback duels in the playoffs or such. Or pitchers against pitchers because that's not how it works

The arbitrary rankings and the overall quality of a quarterback can be very different. Look at the New Orleans Saints first Indianapolis Colts, it wasn't the quarterback that won the game it was the ability to control the clock which comes down to intellect of the quarterback. Just like in Carolina this year, we should have won that game based in overall quality of our team and their injuries.

The same would ring true for Atlanta, who just was not poised to be able to stop us. In fact the NFCS it's not designed to play AFC East football. We control the clock, we play efficient offense, and we have defenses that are quick to react which can stop the potent NFC South offenses. They're huck n Chuck offenses in New Orleans Atlanta and Carolina are not sufficient to be able to beat our team. Tampa Bay is the most well-rounded of them, but that does depend on their running ability. If they can muster a run or control the clock and limit Winston's ability to jeopardize the game, they will beat AFC East teams. But the AFC East is full of mediocre to subpar quarterbacks including that homo in New England who is not playing well this year, it's not why we don't win it is why they lose

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000863224/article/ranking-every-nfl-teams-backup-qb-from-1-to-32

"Peterman was whispered about as a figure ready to eclipse Tyrod Taylor, but that uprising is on hold for now. It's clear the front office adores him, meaning a switch could come as soon as next offseason."

Ryan Mallett
BAL.png
QB
Ravens

ranked #24? i couldn't read the article, does that mean he is ranked higher than Tyrod?

settle down jms.........

Edited by Foxx

I laughed out loud. I actually was expecting a very similar response.

you're alright in my book Foxx.

real talk

glad i didn't disappoint.

:beer:

what can i say, i threw a line in the water and i got a bite....