Just in Case Fitzpatrick Plays This Week

Bob Lamb

How did Fitz perform against a beat up Bills' team (with nothing to play for) in the 2015 finale with the playoffs on the line for the NYJ? Giant choking sound! Same guy!

i know! it's amazing that it's the same guy. you could tell he was crushed after that loss. the closest fitz has ever come to the playoffs as a starter, and it's pooped away by losing the the lowly bills.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only thoughts when it comes to Fitz...

bge5Y_s-200x150.gif

How did Fitz perform against a beat up Bills' team (with nothing to play for) in the 2015 finale with the playoffs on the line for the NYJ? Giant choking sound! Same guy!

Oh, you're referring to the game where he faced PS CBs and threw picks to guys that aren't even in the league anymore.

Didn't the Jets killed us Thursday Night Football a few years ago? Or am I thinking of another game against Fitz?

Last year the Jets (Fitz) killed us on Thursday Night Football

He was 24 of 34 for 374 yards 1 TD one Sack winning 37 - 31

He made Gilmore almost cry on that one series, I was stunned at how badly Gilmore played that night.

Looking back on that loss, any loss with Rex here as HC and I am now grateful we lost.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

it's this endless reel of him lobbing up a 30 yard pass that travels 50 yards in the air and lands perfectly in the well-covered WR's hands at the worst moment for the Bills.

yes. he has beaten us. just because.

Extremely frustrating.

I read somewhere he went to Harvard.

Any confirmation on that yet ?

Give me a banged up Winston any day over the highly motivated ex Bill. He'll continue to chuck balls all over the place and get lucky with completions. So tired of the beard.

Yes. That's the thing. He has no fear...nothing to lose. Whereas, Tyrod is soooo conservative with the ball. Bad things mannnn, bad things.

If you hire Fitz as your back-up, he WILL end up starting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/15/the-ryan-fitzpatrick-curse-claims-jameis-winston-as-its-latest-victim/

Of course, injuries are a part of life in the NFL, but quarterback position tends to be among the least hard-hit. You wouldn’t know that, though, from the seven teams for which Fitzpatrick has played in his journeyman career.

A couple of snippets from the BN

He became the 4th QB to throw TD's for 7 different NFL teams

(Testeverde, Chris Chandler and Gus Frerotte)

His TD pass last week to TE Cameron Bate was an NFL first to for Harvard alums

IN 5 games vs. the Bills his stats average 20/34 245 1.6 TD 1.4 Int

Looking at his career stats - the conversation also brought up another long forgotten ex-Bill QB

Todd Collins Seasons G/GMS % TD INT Sacks

Others 9 22/4 54.7 6 5 11

Bills 3 28/17 53.3 16 19 56 .50 gm

R Fitzpatrick Others 9 74/60 59.8 89 71 128

Bills 4 55/53 59.8 80 64 107 .51 gm

Mea Culpa - I once paid $4 for Todd Collin's autograph

I apologize for laughing at you when you brought that to the game 20 years ago, btw. :lol:

At least back then there was some verifiable reason to trust in the people drafting the players.

Collins always looked like he was throwing a paper airplane...........and if he didn't release it perfectly the results were about the same.

The fact that Fitz has been kicked around the league this long, amongst so many teams, like a dented Pepsi can at roadside, tells you all you need to know about the depth of quality at the QB position in the NFL.

There isn't any.

Fitz would have been a fringe starter/ backup in any era of the nfl. Its hilarious that fans try to hate on the guy. He maxed out his physical talent, plays his @ss off, & is capable of having monster games.

Fun fact: Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better nfl career than Frank Reich!

If he comes into Buffalo and beats the Bills in another new uniform there's something HUGELY wrong at OBD!!!

Not really. Fitz has beat Tom Brady. He is very capable of putting up 4 tds as he is of throwing 4 INTs. This might be the most talented offensive team he has ever played with. But Fitz still is the same player he has always been.

If he comes into Buffalo and beats the Bills in another new uniform there's something HUGELY wrong at OBD!!!

Maybe it is just 26?

Fitz would have been a fringe starter/ backup in any era of the nfl. Its hilarious that fans try to hate on the guy. He maxed out his physical talent, plays his @ss off, & is capable of having monster games.

Fun fact: Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better nfl career than Frank Reich!

Not really. Fitz has beat Tom Brady. He is very capable of putting up 4 tds as he is of throwing 4 INTs. This might be the most talented offensive team he has ever played with. But Fitz still is the same player he has always been.

Exactly like Jimbo he is not afraid of taking chances but IMO sometimes he takes chances at wrong times. However if you are behind he is no better backup QB in the league.

He is also a very physical QB willing to run or even get involved in protection so it is not a 10 on 11 game.

I thought he threw for 300 yds in the Jets game last year alone. Then add the Houston game and the Titans game...I think that number is low.

What Titans game? We didn't play against him with the Titans. His 5 games against Buffalo are 3 with the Jets, 1 with Houston and 1 with Cincy before he became a Bill.