Bills reportedly interested in acquiring another RB

YoloinOhio

Watch the coaches film and you'll have second guesses if DiMarco is ever blocking. He's been a huge disappointment.

we need a Larry centers more than a Sam gash. And dimarco is not even a gash. He is a run in to and block guy while Sammy tried to find room

I'd be curious to see dimarco and Tolbert used more

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the coaches film and you'll have second guesses if DiMarco is ever blocking. He's been a huge disappointment.

Thats pretty f'n funny honestly.

But it makes me sad.

Thing is Dimarco was a good blocker ( i have read ) , who can actually catch.

But i have seen some shoddy play on occasions so far.

Mental stuff i felt

Back to Dennison and Castillo

Not to mention none of our current TE's are very good at being "blocking TE's"

You do not feel O Leary is not a a decent Blocking TE

? Who can catch a pass even?

Logan Thomas had a rough game. And he is a rec type TE. whom i am rooting for and to quickly get up to speed. Literally

....yup....start slow as in "See Spot Run"..............

run ,run, pass Spot.

Spot, See Shady run

Run Shady Run !!

we need a Larry centers more than a Sam gash. And dimarco is not even a gash. He is a run in to and block guy while Sammy tried to find room

I'd be curious to see dimarco and Tolbert used more

I thought we have been watching some of that already?

I had loved the concept pre season. Grind and pound and wear them LBs and safeties down.

Players that look for the Mike. And then go run over him.

Not find a hole or dance. Square them up and loosen some teeth with a shoulder.

Shady waits patiently before bringing the single back and play action.

I like dirt.I am okay with some blood on that dirt.

Dimarco and Tolbert were meant to run the I formation

Yeah I feel ya on that. I'm not too thrilled with his play calling as of yet.

some feel otherwise. But it does not feel like he is flexible. like he has too many scripted he sticks to.

But i am not so knowledgeable as most here

If we dont find a way to bring in at least 1, possibly 2 starting caliber WRs during this bye week...Im going to start to get aggravated with this GM. I dont like a lot of the roster moves made in the offseason and early part of the season, not addressing the WR position with viable professionals is going to be inexcusable. I dont want to hear about next years draft. We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. We can afford to give up a 3rd for a guy that can help us end the playoff drought. At some point you need to stop worrying about fairy tale futures and start taking advantage of the obtainable present

If we dont find a way to bring in at least 1, possibly 2 starting caliber WRs during this bye week...Im going to start to get aggravated with this GM. I dont like a lot of the roster moves made in the offseason and early part of the season, not addressing the WR position with viable professionals is going to be inexcusable. I dont want to hear about next years draft. We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. We can afford to give up a 3rd for a guy that can help us end the playoff drought. At some point you need to stop worrying about fairy tale futures and start taking advantage of the obtainable present

right on the money Brianmoorman4jesus with a strong statement

Hmmm

@allbrightnfl

In addition to releasing Navarro Bowman, Niners have received and made calls about RB Carlos Hyde.

Hyde is an outstanding young back. I'd love to see him in Buffalo

IMO Carlos Hyde is the most underrated player in the NFL. I dont even think we need a RB, but if thats the guy we got...Im good with it.

Couldn't agree more. With A decent run blocking line in front of him you're talking consecutive rushing titles

An RB can help more right away than a WR. Running plays are pretty simple , there isn't all that much to learn. It's pretty much instinct and skill. How does anyone posting here know what the Bills are willing to give up in the way of draft picks? They don't . The team was reportedly interested in acquiring an RB. McCoy isn't getting any younger. An RB with expiring contract is not a big deal , really.

An RB can help more right away than a WR. Running plays are pretty simple , there isn't all that much to learn. It's pretty much instinct and skill. How does anyone posting here know what the Bills are willing to give up in the way of draft picks? They don't . The team was reportedly interested in acquiring an RB. McCoy isn't getting any younger. An RB with expiring contract is not a big deal , really.

I'm simply not a fan of trading draft choices for a RB. McCoy is aging, but we should look for a replacement in the draft. I think that Jonathan Williams could be almost as productive as anyone who is going to be on the trade block. It's difficult for me to understand why you'd let Gillislee go, only to use draft choices on a RB. The idea of the Sammy and Darby trade was to compile draft choices, I'd rather not lose any for a RB, especially when they refuse to activate Williams.

The only way I'm giving up a draft choice would be for a WR. It's not because I like the idea, it's only because it's a necessity. This team has exceeded expectations thus far. We are in the hunt, but we won't be for long without a legitimate WR. We need someone immediately. I'm aware that WR's take longer to adjust to a new scheme than other positions. However, wouldn't any legit WR immediately be an upgrade over the crap we have now?

I'm simply not a fan of trading draft choices for a RB. McCoy is aging, but we should look for a replacement in the draft. I think that Jonathan Williams could be almost as productive as anyone who is going to be on the trade block. It's difficult for me to understand why you'd let Gillislee go, only to use draft choices on a RB. The idea of the Sammy and Darby trade was to compile draft choices, I'd rather not lose any for a RB, especially when they refuse to activate Williams.

The only way I'm giving up a draft choice would be for a WR. It's not because I like the idea, it's only because it's a necessity. This team has exceeded expectations thus far. We are in the hunt, but we won't be for long without a legitimate WR. We need someone immediately. I'm aware that WR's take longer to adjust to a new scheme than other positions. However, wouldn't any legit WR immediately be an upgrade over the crap we have now?

Yes. Most any legit WR would be an upgrade. I'm not stating whether I agree with pursuing another RB, nor lobbying for it. The FO has done plenty of things I do not agree with already. They've done things that many have found curious. If potentially giving up a draft pick for an RB falls on the other side of it for you personally is a different subject altogether. I'm merely pointing out that doing so wouldn't be all that different than some of what the FO has done thus far.

Yes. Most any legit WR would be an upgrade. I'm not stating whether I agree with pursuing another RB, nor lobbying for it. The FO has done plenty of things I do not agree with already. They've done things that many have found curious. If potentially giving up a draft pick for an RB falls on the other side of it for you personally is a different subject altogether. I'm merely pointing out that doing so wouldn't be all that different than some of what the FO has done thus far.

I agree. I'm just somewhat suprised that this is even being discussed. Running back (with Williams in the garage) isn't remotely near the top of the list of my concerns. Reciever is an urgent need, we could make through the year with Williams or a random free agent off the street at running back.

Running plays may be pretty simple but they generally work only as well as your OL blocks and opens up space for them. OJ didn't do much early on with the Bills until the Electric Company showed up.