So I did a quick survey, and there are a few RBs possibly available:

• Cameron Artis-Payne, Carolina
  • Benny Cunningham, Bears
  • Alfred Morris, Cowboys
  • Bengals RBs
  • TJ Yeldon, Jaguars
  • Jacquizz Rodgers, Bucs
  • Darren McFadden, Cowboys

Yeldon is kinda fascinating name. He's healthy again but Jags got too many backs. Will Beane do it?

Edited by CanadianFan

I dont even see why one of them is necessary. Shady and Tolbert are fine. You have Jones on the roster and hes usually active. He made some nice plays in preseason. Give him a look.

So McCoy rolls an ankle and you think we have someone capable of being a lead back in his place?

So I did a quick survey, and there are a few RBs possibly available:

• Cameron Artis-Payne, Carolina
  • Benny Cunningham, Bears
  • Alfred Morris, Cowboys
  • Bengals RBs
  • TJ Yeldon, Jaguars
  • Jacquizz Rodgers, Bucs
  • Darren McFadden, Cowboys

Yeldon is kinda fascinating name. He's healthy again but Jags got too many backs. Will Beane do it?

Yeldon was brought up before the season as a possibility - I like it Edited by YoloinOhio

Joe Banyard's zero carries is a mystery to me. It would seem he's the McCoy style back-up, yet we've never used him.

It does seem worth giving him a few carries if he's the replacement in case of injury - knock a little rust off if he might be going zero to sixty quickly any given week

How so? You dont think getting a Pierre Garçon or a Keenan Allen for a 3rd is reasonable? Those teams are going nowhere and would probably jump at the chance at getting anything for anyone. Those players are also much better then anyone we have and will most likely be twice as good as anyone we end up taking in the 3rd round next year.

Why would the Chargers trade one of their young, core pieces? This isn't baseball; it's not just about this season at all costs. Garçon is in San Fran to try to help them win some games in spite of their lack of doing so. The NFL is too rough a game for teams to be trying not to win. All those picks and the Browns are still nowhere. Unless they were playing Madden.

So McCoy rolls an ankle and you think we have someone capable of being a lead back in his place?

The reality is that one of the most dynamic backs in the league is averaging 3 yards a carry. Tolbert is as well. The line is not doing a good job. Unless they're getting Bo Jackson out retirement there are no RBs who can run with the current level of blocking.

Hmmm if it's fake interest I'm concerned theyre lying to us to look like they aren't tanking.

It's it's real, I'm worried their making odd choices.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Why would the Chargers trade one of their young, core pieces? This isn't baseball; it's not just about this season at all costs. Garçon is in San Fran to try to help them win some games in spite of their lack of doing so. The NFL is too rough a game for teams to be trying not to win. All those picks and the Browns are still nowhere. Unless they were playing Madden.

Why would the Bills trade Sammy Watkins? Players do get traded for myriad reasons . It's not an outlandish thought.

The reality is that one of the most dynamic backs in the league is averaging 3 yards a carry. Tolbert is as well. The line is not doing a good job. Unless they're getting Bo Jackson out retirement there are no RBs who can run with the current level of blocking.

May as well just cut McCoy then and save the money, amirite? Or would you agree talent still matters even if limited by the line?

If Shady can't run in this offense hard to believe someone else could . If the defense puts 8 or 9 in the box = no run game.

Taylor and this OL are poorly suited for this scheme jmo

Z. Jones needs to get it together and be a deep threat for the running game to open up.

Losing C. Clay and Matthews makes matters worse for a run game.

Edited by ALF

The chargers and 49ers are about to be in a full blown rebuild. They are both going nowhere this year and I guarantee would be willing to move off of veterans. The 49ers are 0-5. You think they would be worried about keeping Pierre Garçon at this point? What are they going to do, go 1-15 with him instead of 0-16?

maybe bills are gonna switch to the wishbone offense.

We have the right qb for it