Bills reportedly interested in acquiring another RB

YoloinOhio

How so? You dont think getting a Pierre Garçon or a Keenan Allen for a 3rd is reasonable? Those teams are going nowhere and would probably jump at the chance at getting anything for anyone. Those players are also much better then anyone we have and will most likely be twice as good as anyone we end up taking in the 3rd round next year.

During the game I was flicking between the bills and Red Zone. As I saw the game between the Chargers and Giants, two teams going nowhere fast I am thinking in my head, Keenan Allen and Brandon Marshall would be two perfect options to trade for. Marshall is no longer the case for obvious reasons, but if Buffalo could trade for Allen,while promoting Reilly and giving him a shot, that would certainly be an upgrade over what we saw on Sunday.

Buffalo's defense has them in a position where playoff contention is a possibility.. Unfortunately Buffalo short changed themselves at Wide receiver. Matthews is hurt, The veterans signed aren't working out and Jones is nowhere near ready to contribute. If they think there is any shot at a playoff run, trading for a receiver or two is not unreasonable. .

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yet, despite having needs at various offensive positions, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reported on Tuesday that Buffalo is trying to acquire a player at a position of strength"

McCoy's backup is a running barrel. Agreed it's not priority one (WR, TE), but jeez, it's still a serious position of need.

During the game I was flicking between the bills and Red Zone. As I saw the game between the Chargers and Giants, two teams going nowhere fast I am thinking in my head, Keenan Allen and Brandon Marshall would be two perfect options to trade for. Marshall is no longer the case for obvious reasons, but if Buffalo could trade for Allen,while promoting Reilly and giving him a shot, that would certainly be an upgrade over what we saw on Sunday.

Buffalo's defense has them in a position where playoff contention is a possibility.. Unfortunately Buffalo short changed themselves at Wide receiver. Matthews is hurt, The veterans signed aren't working out and Jones is nowhere near ready to contribute. If they think there is any shot at a playoff run, trading for a receiver or two is not unreasonable. .

It's only worth trading for WR if the Bills think they are a WR away from the playoffs this year.

Place J.Will and Tolbert behind McCoy and this topic never even comes up as Beane would never need another RB in it's current state.

People are trying to "Trust the Process" but Beane has left ?'s all over the field right now.

pretty tough to find real contributors once the season begins... solid drafted and undrafted players have been sifted out, trades made and then systems installed and then the season begins .... that's about it. If your team gets killed with injuries, you are largely screwed. no time to pick up systems mid season as the coaches are 100% focused on game to game prep. For example, unless Dennison has a power run chapter in his playbook and they practiced it in camp , you ain't seein' one this season (hint: I do not believe he does).

Beane never intended to have all the holes covered in this very first season where they made a 180 degree move away from Rex's type of players and what he was doing and restart with all new mentality and schemes. They're like an expansion team with average talent in general and above average talent on defense. McD/Frazier and Rico are putting in their own schemes so the guys there now are having struggles themselves adjusting (eg. O Line zone blocking), forget about what a new guy brought in now would go through before being productive.

"Yet, despite having needs at various offensive positions, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reported on Tuesday that Buffalo is trying to acquire a player at a position of strength"

McCoy's backup is a running barrel. Agreed it's not priority one (WR, TE), but jeez, it's still a serious position of need.

It's only worth trading for WR if the Bills think they are a WR away from the playoffs this year.

Why? Allen can help them this year and future years. Its worth it because his availability is at all time high and we are in a position of power with all the extra picks. It helps the team now and later. Thats why you do it.

i don't agree with that unless the WR they trade for is a pending FA and the Bills don't have any consideration to extend. They can trade for a player they intend to have on the team beyond this year. With the state of the Bills passing offense and QB situation it would be nearly impossible to sign a decent vet WR as a FA without severely overpaying. If they want a good, non-rookie for 2018 it makes the most sense to trade for one like they did for Matthews.

One of the last lines in the post says it all

"it doesn't make much sense"

There are other ares that really need looked at If the Bills had a legit receiver or 2 I think the running game would be better for it !!

Edited by T master