Bills reportedly interested in acquiring another RB

YoloinOhio

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/buffalo_bills_trying_to_acquire_a_running_back_report.html

Yet, despite having needs at various offensive positions, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reported on Tuesday that Buffalo is trying to acquire a player at a position of strength. According to Garafolo, the Bills have interest in acquiring a running back.

Garafolo joined Deion Sanders in a 21st & Prime segment to discuss Adrian Peterson joining the Arizona Cardinals and he noted that the Bills may have been in the mix to acquire Peterson.

When asked if any team close to winning called in regards to Peterson, Garafolo said, "There were a few teams that did nose around. I don't know the specifics of which ones it were, but there were teams checking him out. I did hear that the Buffalo Bills have shown some interest in acquiring a running back so they may have been in that mix, Prime."

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we dont find a way to bring in at least 1, possibly 2 starting caliber WRs during this bye week...Im going to start to get aggravated with this GM. I dont like a lot of the roster moves made in the offseason and early part of the season, not addressing the WR position with viable professionals is going to be inexcusable. I dont want to hear about next years draft. We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. We can afford to give up a 3rd for a guy that can help us end the playoff drought. At some point you need to stop worrying about fairy tale futures and start taking advantage of the obtainable present

If we dont find a way to bring in at least 1, possibly 2 starting caliber WRs during this bye week...Im going to start to get aggravated with this GM. I dont like a lot of the roster moves made in the offseason and early part of the season, not addressing the WR position with viable professionals is going to be inexcusable. I dont want to hear about next years draft. We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. We can afford to give up a 3rd for a guy that can help us end the playoff drought. At some point you need to stop worrying about fairy tale futures and start taking advantage of the obtainable present

Nice post. We do need RB depth as well so this is actually nice to see.

Edited by Real McCoy

Peterson in particular, or that they're looking for another back? Because while I'd agree on AD I also think they'd be wise to have a better change of pace guy than Tolbert right now.

Its funny, this place goes nuts cause they let Williams go and keep Tolbert, but then when theres talk of finding a better backup its more complaints that they are adding to a strength?

Its funny, this place goes nuts cause they let Williams go and keep Tolbert, but then when theres talk of finding a better backup its more complaints that they are adding to a strength?

Place J.Will and Tolbert behind McCoy and this topic never even comes up as Beane would never need another RB in it's current state.

People are trying to "Trust the Process" but Beane has left ?'s all over the field right now.

Edited by Real McCoy

I'd go ahead get a head start on being aggravated because what you wish for isn't even reasonable.

I'd go ahead get a head start on being aggravated because what you wish for isn't even reasonable.

How so? You dont think getting a Pierre Garçon or a Keenan Allen for a 3rd is reasonable? Those teams are going nowhere and would probably jump at the chance at getting anything for anyone. Those players are also much better then anyone we have and will most likely be twice as good as anyone we end up taking in the 3rd round next year.

Why don't they just sign J Will off the Broncos practice squad? I don't think they would stop us.

if they liked him I think they would have at least kept him on our PS. When asked why they didn't sign him to the PS after he cleared waivers, McD said they "went a different direction." I don't think the Bills are interested in him. Edited by YoloinOhio

If we're doing this, then I'd rather we just blow up the phones belonging to DeAngelo Williams, who was in CAR with McDermott, or Ronnie Hillman, who played for Dennison in DEN, *EDIT* and also was the odd man out in a DAL backfield that has McFadden as a healthy scratch.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks